Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 26
Identifier: AC 544
Scope and Content The collection consists of diaries, journals, letters, personal and home expenses, social and charitable events, clubs and other organizations, childhood memorabilia, and photographs of the Hollenback family who lived in Pennsylvania, New York and New Mexico. NOTE: The family names and relationships in the genealogy folders (Box 1, Folders 1 and 2) of the Hollenback,Welles, and Beard families The original photographs are in the collections of the New Mexico Photo Archives (HP.2011.26). Most of...
Dates: 1820-1970; Majority of material found in 1880-1920
Identifier: AC 331
Scope and Content Collection consists of Aretas Hyde's memoirs. Memoirs have contemporary reactions to the anti-slavery and abolitionist movement before and during the Civil War. He also comments on the construction of pueblos in New Mexico.
Identifier: AC 112-P
Scope and Content One journal kept by Hull on a 1908 trip he made to New Mexico from Georgia to visit his daughter May and her husband Judge William Pope. Pope became the first Chief Justice of the New Mexico Supreme Court under statehood in 1912. The trip lasted two months and included visits to Roswell, Santa Fe, Cloudcroft, the Slaughter Ranch, the Diamond A Ranch, the Mescalero Apache Reservation, and Tesuque Pueblo. Various parts of the journey were made by train, automobile, and horse and wagon. The...
Identifier: AC 231
Scope and Content Collection consists of handwritten originals, German typescripts, and typed English translations of letters from Carl Blumner to his mother Johanna Blumner and his sister Hannchen in Prussia concerning his and his brother August's activities in Santa Fe. The letters were written between 1936-1909, and include a few attached letters by his brother August as well as a few letters by his son. Collection also includes genealogies of the Blumner familiy, and an obituary of Carl Blumner. Letters...
Identifier: AC 131-p
Scope and Content Collection consists of letters, receipts, business cards, one newspaper clipping, one pamphlet, and several checkbooks found among Lawrence's belongings upon his death in 1930. Four of the letters are to Lawrence: one letter from publisher Edward W. Titus concerning the publication of "Lady Chatterley's Lover;" one letter from Mrs. E. Lahr of the Progressive Bookshop in London concerning newly published books; one letter from the Westminster Bank concerning Lawrence's bank accounts; and one...
Identifier: AC 149-P
Scope and Content One 1861 letter from David J. Miller of Santa Fe to his niece Laura P. McCord of Mississippi, and one typescript of the letter. Miller gives a brief description of New Mexico and its people.
Identifier: AC 606-p
Scope and Content The collection contains four letters, three of which are written by friends and family to Edith Reeves Solenberger, about life in and visits to northern New Mexico in the 1920s and 1930s. Also included is a letter written on Hotel De Vargas (Santa Fe) stationary.
Dates: 1916-1938; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Identifier: AC 382-P
Scope and Content The twenty-one page scrapbook compiled by Ella Black Chandler, presents a collection of photographs and text pertaining to Ella's summer session at the New Mexico Normal School [New Mexico Highlands Uninversity] in 1924. The photographs are fixed in the scrapbook and are of various sites in northern New Mexico.
Identifier: AC 013
Scope and Content Collection consists of biographical, occupational, and literary material by Elliott Barker, with a few items by his son Roy Barker. Included are also correspondence, newspaper clippings and essays; one Las Vegas High School Reunion memoir, Class of 1929.
Identifier: AC 086
Scope and Content Assorted papers including correspondence, memoranda, misc. documents and notes. Draft manuscripts on various New Mexico personalities and subjects. Eleven donated books integrated into museum collection. Articles and clippings were integrated into the libray's verticle files.
Identifier: AC 284
Scope and Content H. Ida Curry began visiting the west in 1927 at the age of 58. This collection consists of her letters, stories, poetry, describing her experiences in Montana, New Mexico, and Wyoming. It also includes photos of her, and brief biographical essays about her.
Identifier: AC 150
Scope and Content The Moles Collection consists of one account ledger and 18 diaries with accompanying enclosures dating from 1908 to 1925.
Identifier: AC 081
Scope and Content Collection consists of the memoirs of Jessie de Prado Farrington written in 1935. The memoirs discuss Farrington's life and homesteading experiences in the early 1900s in Agua Chicquita Canyon in Otero County, New Mexico. Photographs of Weed, New Mexico, Glen-Eben (Farrington's homestead), and of various people are included. Farrington's memoirs have been published in the New Mexico Historical Review.
Identifier: AC 044
Scope and Content Collection consists of 25 journals (1861-1868) kept by John A. Clark, Surveyor of the Territory of New Mexico, a typescript of the journals, and a Confederate Army broadside from 1862. The 25 journals contain 1,943 handwritten diary pages, 48 hand drawn maps, about 50 pages, notes, expenses, lists of distances and miscellaneous sketches. Kitty Shishkin has done the typescript copy of the journals. The journals give detailed daily accounts of the writer's official and personal...
Identifier: AC 100-P
Scope and Content Collection consists of a journal kept by Gullette during a trip exploring and photographing Indian ruins in New Mexico and Arizona; a descriptive list of photographs taken on the trip; and a notebook filled with descriptions of Colorado by Gullette. Collection also includes a typescript of Gullette's journal, which details stops at Chaco Canyon, the Grand Canyon, Enchanted Mesa, and Acoma Pueblo.
Identifier: AC 028
Scope and Content Collection consists of papers collected and created by Joseph Bursey, as Director of the New Mexico Tourist Bureau, 1940-1972.
Identifier: AC 020
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of photostats and photocopies of a broad range of historical documents, reports, and publications from the Archivo General de Indias in Seville, Spain, and Biblioteca Nacional in Mexico City, and the Bibloteca Archignasio Mezzofanti-Manoscritti in Bologna, Italy. Bloom's correspondence regarding the acquisition of these materials are included. The collection contains approx. 1100 index cards with entries of FRanciscan missionaries to New Mexico from pre-1691 to...
Identifier: AC 513-OV
Scope and Content One portfolio contains several small watercolor paintings depicting scenes in Colorado, Arizona, and New Mexico. On two pages, business cards are pasted in of (Eastern and Midwestern) writers, journalists, military offices from the Civil War.
Identifier: AC 332
Scope and Content Collection consists of pamphlets which reflect the history of Santa Fe and other New Mexico towns as destination for tourists. Advertising aimed at tourists includes guidebooks, maps and brochures, as well as a small section of guidebooks about Arizona, Spain, and Latin America. The collection is open-ended.
Identifier: AC 265-p
Scope and Content Collection consists of two typed, annotated and revised drafts of a manuscript written in form of a letter. The manuscript describes a pack trip in New Mexico in 1871. The drafts list participants, goods, and livestock taken on the trip. Letter writer described the towns and roads he passed and listed the names of people he met on the trip. He described the scenery and wildlife and daily occurrences.
Identifier: AC 225
Scope and Content The collection consists of correspondence and related materials of Royal A. Prentice dating from the 1930s. These literary materials consist of Prentice's correspondence relative to his avid hobby of Southwestern archaeology; which included a very close association with the Museum of New Mexico's Laboratory of Anthropology.
Identifier: AC 205
Scope and Content These books (Part I and Part II) contain Courier Instructional bulletins issued by The Santa Fe Transportation Company from the years 1927-1930. These instructions contain a diverse amount of information ranging from Indian legends, geographical, cultural and historical to administrative duties of couriers regarding schedules, routes, fares, ect. Some of the Bulletins deal only with specific subjects while others contain a variety of subjects, but often related to a specific tour or subject...
Identifier: AC 058-P
Scope and Content One typescript of Davis's 1859 diary and a 1915 letter from donor Frank Clancy describing the diary. The diary was written on a journey from Illinois to New Mexico from April to October, 1859. Includes entries from a stay of several weeks working at mining camps in Colorado before Davis's party traveled south to New Mexico.
Identifier: AC 243
Scope and Content Collection contains correspondence, one U. S. Geological Survey sketchbook with a few drawings by Ben Wittick, and miscellaneous transcribed correspondence.
Identifier: AC 127-P
Scope and Content One handwritten transcript of a diary written by Lane from 1852 to 1853, and one photocopy of the transcript. The diary provides details of Lane's trip over the Santa Fe Trail from St. Louis to Santa Fe, descriptions of Santa Fe and its people, and disputes over the United States-Mexico boundary. The transcript was used by Ralph E. Twitchell in the publication of Carr's diary in 1917.
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 24
- Diaries 8
- Arizona--Description and travel 6
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 5
- Colorado--Description and travel 4
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Description and travel 4
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- History 4
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 3
- Photographs 3
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 3
- Articles 2
- Map 2
- New Mexico -- History 2
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 2
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 2
- Santa Fe Trail 2
- Tourism -- New Mexico 2
- Account books 1
- Acoma (N.M.) 1
- Advertising -- New Mexico 1
- Agriculture - Middle West 1
- Agriculture -- Colorado 1
- Agriculture -- New Mexico 1
- Alamogordo (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Archaeology -- New Mexico 1
- Arizona -- Tours 1
- Arizona -- Social life and customs 1
- Arizona--Description and travel -- 19th century 1
- Arizona--Description and travel -- 20th century 1
- Arizona--Guidebooks 1
- Arizona--History 1
- Arizona--History -- To 1912 1
- Authors, English 1
- Automobile travel -- Arizona 1
- Automobile travel -- New Mexico 1
- Broadsides 1
- Brochures 1
- By-laws 1
- Chaco Canyon (N.M.) 1
- Child Welfare 1
- Chimayo (N.M.) -- History 1
- Clippings 1
- Cloudcroft (N.M.) -- Travel 1
- Colorado--Social life and customs 1
- Constitutions 1
- Correspondence 1
- Diamond A Ranch (Lincoln County, N.M.) 1
- Drawing 1
- Enchanted Mesa (Valencia, N.M.) 1
- Ephemera 1
- Europe--Description and travel 1
- Family papers 1
- Fort Moroni (Utah) -- Travel 1
- Fransicans -- New Mexico 1
- Frontier and pioneer life - California 1
- Frontier and pioneer life - Illinois 1
- Frontier and pioneer life - New Mexico 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- New Mexico 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- New Mexico -- Otero county 1
- Game wardens -- New Mexico 1
- Genealogy 1
- Glorieta Pass (N.M.), Battle of, 1862 1
- Governors -- New Mexico 1
- Grand Canyon (Ariz.) 1
- Gregory Diggings District (Colo.) -- Travel 1
- Hunters -- New Mexico 1
- Indians of North America -- Arizona 1
- Indians of North America -- Arizona -- Antiquities 1
- Indians of North America -- Arizona -- Rites and ceremonies 1
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico 1
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico -- Antiquities 1
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico -- Rites and ceremonies 1
- Landscapes--Arizona--Pictorial works 1
- Landscapes--Colorado--Pictorial works 1
- Landscapes--New Mexico--Pictorial works 1
- Las Vegas (N.M.) -- History 1
- Latin America -- Guidebooks 1
- Lawyers--New Mexico 1
- Letters 1
- Manuscripts 1
- Membership lists 1
- Memoirs and biographies 1
- Mescalero Indian Reservation (N.M.) 1
- Mexico -- Boundaries -- United States 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- Colorado 1
- Mining camps -- Colorado 1
- Minutes (Records) 1
- Missionaries -- New Mexico 1
- Missouri Gulch (Colo.) -- Description and travel 1
- Mohave Indians 1
- Montana -- Description and travel 1
- Montana -- Dude Ranching 1
- Mormons -- Utah -- Fort Moroni 1
- New Mexico - Description and travel - 1924 1
- New Mexico - Guidebooks 1
- New Mexico -- Commerce 1
- New Mexico -- Description and travel -- 19th century 1
- New Mexico -- Description and travel -- 20th century 1
- New Mexico -- Discovery and exploration -- Spanish 1
- New Mexico -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1 ∧ less
- English 25
- Undetermined 23
- German 1
- Barker, Elliott S. (Elliott Speer), 1886-1988 1
- Bloom, Lansing Bartlett, 1880- 1
- Clancy, Frank W. (Frank Willey), 1852-1928 1
- DeHuff, Elizabeth Willis, 1886-1983 1
- Fred Harvey (Firm) 1