Sylvester Davis Diary Transcript,
Identifier: AC 058-P
Scope and Content
One typescript of Davis's 1859 diary and a 1915 letter from donor Frank Clancy describing the diary. The diary was written on a journey from Illinois to New Mexico from April to October, 1859. Includes entries from a stay of several weeks working at mining camps in Colorado before Davis's party traveled south to New Mexico.
Language of Materials
Duplication allowed for research purposes. User responsible for all copyright compliance.
The typescript copy of the Davis diary was presented to the Historical Society by Frank W. Clancy, a prominent Santa Fe attorney. The original was at the time of presentation in the hands of Mrs. Sylvester Davis. The diary was published by the New Mexico Historical Review in vol. 6, 1931.
- Fray AngÃ©lico ChÃ¡vez History Library
- The Palace of the Governors
- P.O. Box 2087
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504-2087, U.S.A.
- Phone: (+)505.476.5090
- Fax: (+)505.476.5093
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- URL: www.palaceofthegovernors.org
- Guide to the Sylvester Davis Diary Transcript, 1859-1915
- Edited Full Draft
- Processed by Library Staff
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//Museum of New Mexico::Fray Angelico Chavez History Library//TEXT (US::NmSM::AC 058-P::Sylvester Davis Diary Transcript)//EN" "nmsm1ac058-p.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.