William Carr Lane Diary Transcript
Identifier: AC 127-P
Scope and Content
One handwritten transcript of a diary written by Lane from 1852 to 1853, and one photocopy of the transcript. The diary provides details of Lane's trip over the Santa Fe Trail from St. Louis to Santa Fe, descriptions of Santa Fe and its people, and disputes over the United States-Mexico boundary. The transcript was used by Ralph E. Twitchell in the publication of Carr's diary in 1917.
Language of Materials
Duplication allowed for research purposes. User responsible for all copyright compliance.
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library
- The Palace of the Governors
- P.O. Box 2087
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504-2087, U.S.A.
- Phone: (+)505.476.5090
- Fax: (+)505.476.5093
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- URL: www.palaceofthegovernors.org
- Guide to the William Carr Lane Diary Transcript, 1852-1853
- Edited Full Draft
- Processed by Library Staff
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//Museum of New Mexico::Fray Angelico Chavez History Library//TEXT (US::NmSM::AC 127-P::William Carr Lane Diary Transcript)//EN" "nmsm1ac127-p.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.