Lansing B. Bloom Collection,
Identifier: AC 020
Scope and Content
Collection consists primarily of photostats and photocopies of a broad range of historical documents, reports, and publications from the Archivo General de Indias in Seville, Spain, and Biblioteca Nacional in Mexico City, and the Bibloteca Archignasio Mezzofanti-Manoscritti in Bologna, Italy. Bloom's correspondence regarding the acquisition of these materials are included. The collection contains approx. 1100 index cards with entries of FRanciscan missionaries to New Mexico from pre-1691 to 1851. Collection also includes a photocopy and English translation of a 1603 report on the activities of Fray Alonso Benavides in New Mexico. The 1928 research notes of Dr. S.H. Bemis from his work with facsimiles of Spanish archives at the Library of Congress are also included.
- Bloom, Lansing Bartlett, 1880- (Person)
Language of Materials
Duplication allowed for research purposes. User responsible for all copyright compliance.
Lansing Bloom was assistant director of the Museum of New Mexico and later a professor of history at the University of New Mexico. He was president of the Historical Society of New Mexico.
1.5 Linear Feet
- Fray AngÃ©lico ChÃ¡vez History Library
- New Mexico History Museum
- P.O. Box 2087
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504-2087, U.S.A.
- Phone: (+)505.476.5090
- Email: email@example.com
- URL: www.palaceofthegovernors.org
- Guide to the Lansing B. Bloom Collection, 1551-1940
- Edited Full Draft
- Processed by Library Staff
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//New Mexico History Museum::Fray Angelico Chavez History Library//TEXT (US::NmSM::AC 020::Lansing B. Bloom Collection)//EN" "nmsm1ac020.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.