Elliot S. Barker Collection
Identifier: AC 013
Scope and Content
Collection consists of biographical, occupational, and literary material by Elliott Barker, with a few items by his son Roy Barker. Included are also correspondence, newspaper clippings and essays; one Las Vegas High School Reunion memoir, Class of 1929.
Language of Materials
Duplication allowed for research purposes. User responsible for all copyright compliance.
Barker was a U.S. Forest Ranger and rancher in northern New Mexico before serving as State Game Warden from 1931 to 1953. He also published five books on his experiences as a hunter and game warden, as well as two volumes of cowboy poetry. He is considered the creator of Smokey Bear
1 Linear Feet
- Fray AngÃ©lico ChÃ¡vez History Library
- New Mexico History Museum
- P.O. Box 2087
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504-2087, U.S.A.
- Phone: (+)505.476.5090
- Fax: (+)505.476.5093
- Email: email@example.com
- URL: www.palaceofthegovernors.org
- Guide to the Elliot S. Barker Collection, 1976-1988
- Edited Full Draft
- Processed by Library Staff
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//Museum of New Mexico::Fray Angelico Chavez History Library//TEXT (US::NmSM::AC 013::Elliot S. Barker Collection)//EN" "nmsm1ac013.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.