Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 41
Identifier: AC 282
Scope and Content Collection consists of personal, business and polititcal papers of A. A. Jones. Approximately half of the collection contains the Jones Family papers which includes personal and business records, land grant case records pertaining to the Preston Beck and Anton Chico land grants, correspondence, pamphlets and miscellaneous clippings. The second half of the collecton is related to his political involvement in the Democratic Party in New Mexico.
Dates: 1865-1942 (bulk 1885-1942)
Scope and Content Collection consists of the legal, personal, and political papers of A.A. Jones. The bulk of the collection consists of legal papers which include several land grant, business, and probate case records. Land grant case records pertain to the Maxwell, Preston Beck, Mora, Las Vegas, and Eaton land grants. Included in the land grant case records are the papers of James and Helen Beck and New Mexico Chief Justice Elisha V. Long's opinion on the Las Vegas Land Grant. Companies involved in the...
Scope and Content Collection consists of the papers of the Rogers family (Albert Sr., Albert Jr., Helen, and Waldo). The bulk of the collection consists of Albert Jr.s business and legal papers (1898-1956). Legal papers include Supreme Court of New Mexico case files involving the City of Raton; district court case files; and land grant case files involving the Maxwell, Preston Beck, Anton Chico, and Mora land grants. Also included are records from the settlement of Leah Ilfelds estate and one land grant map....
Scope and Content Series I consists primarily of probate, mining, and real estate records. Probate records include those involving the Kiker, Lischke (Siringo Ranch), and Rolshoven estates. Series II includes materials from the Nuremberg War Crime Trials. Series III includes Albert's correspondence from 1937 to 1974. Most of the correspondence concerns legal issues in New Mexico and includes several letters from Thomas B. Forbis, an attorney in Roswell, New Mexico.
Abstract Collection holds three folders of materials relating to the life and family history of Daniel Angus Macpherson Jr. The collection holds notes, bank statements, periodicals, publications, and photographs from Macpherson Jr’s life in Hawaii from 1941-1944 in the United States Naval Reserves, his career as a lawyer before and after World War II, as well as a small cache of items documenting charitable works, publications upon his retirement and items from other social functions.
Dates: 1928 - 1973
Scope and Content The collection consists of correspondence, bills, receipts, invoices, and personal papers, reflecting E. P. Davies' insurance business in Willard and legal practice in Santa Fe, New Mexico. The collection is arranged chronologically, 1909-1921. In the correspondence are letters from Davies to C.D. Cobb & Co., general agents for Norwich Union Fire Insurance Society, regarding closing his insurance business and he not being a local agent for the company anymore. There is a copy of the "State...
Scope and Content Collection consists of Bartlett's official correspondence as Solicitor General of the Territory of New Mexico (1890-1902); and professional papers from his legal practice (1880-1904). Solicitor General correspondence includes letters received from Frank Springer, Elfego Baca, Frederick Muller, and Pinkerton's National Detective Agency concerning Charles Siringo. Topics covered in the correspondence include the Rough Riders, Jicarilla Apaches, territorial penitentiary, Fort Marcy, and the...
Abstract The collection consists of the general correspondence of Edward L. Bartlett in his positions as Adjutant General of the Territory of New Mexico, private attorney, and Solicitor General of the Territory of New Mexico, 1882/83-1885, 1896 and 1903
Identifier: AC 085-P
Scope and Content Collection consists of two items: one 1909 invitation to Fiske for a reception in El Paso, Texas for U.S. President William Howard Taft and Mexican President Porfirio Diaz; and one undated leather bound notebook containing an inventory of Fiske's personal library. The notebook has typed entries with handwritten corrections and additions.
Dates: 1909; 1878.; 1889; 1893.
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of Fiske's professional papers. Series I consists of various legal documents, including a contract retaining Fiske as defense attorney in the trial of James G. Whitney for the murder of Manuel B. Otero, and 67 pages of testimony from the case of Edward Miller v. Alphonso Dockweiler over water rights involving the Rio Tesuque, Acequia Madre, and Acequia del Medio in northern New Mexico. Series II consists of legal documents, deeds, land conveyances, and other...
Dates: 1840-1968 (bulk 1840-1909)
Scope and Content Collection consists of a broad range of materials from the legal and business practices of Francis C. Wilson. Most of the collection is made up of case files, but also includes correspondence, ledgers, contracts, newspaper clippings, publications, land conveyances, and speeches. Case files are from both civil and criminal proceedings and involve issues such as insurance, bonding, taxes, divorces, bankruptcy, mortgages, debts, estates, and suits. Most of the cases concern business in the areas...
Identifier: AC 215
Scope and Content Documents contain: originals and copies of legislation to create the war memorial and its administrative branch, the Board of Historical Services, and to appropriate funds to build a new arsenal and armory. Addresses and a paper concerning World War I, that were delivered at various commencements, dedications, and memorials, are included (1917- 1919). Clippings from primarily New Mexico newspapers discuss Springer's activities as lawyer for the Maxwell Land Grant Company; Theodore Roosevelt and...
Scope and Content Collection consists of documents concerning Parker's legal career and a folder of materials relating to Billy the Kid (William Bonney). Includes various certificates and appointments to the positions held by Parker; his attorney's docket book; and photographs of Parker with other prominent New Mexicans, including a group photo with John R. McFie, L. Bradford Prince, Miguel A. Otero, Thomas B. Catron, and others. The folder of Billy the Kid materials consists of photocopies of four...
Identifier: AC 184
Scope and Content Two scrapbooks consisting primarily of undated newspaper clippings covering many topics, including New Mexico politics, Republican Party activities, poetry, family activities, and speeches given by Prichard. There are also several handwritten notes, and some of the newspaper clippings concern the removal of Prichard as U.S. Attorney in Las Vegas.
Scope and Content Collection consists of Henry A. Kiker's legal papers. District court records pertain to civil, criminal, and probate cases in Colfax, Eddy, Mora, Quay, Taos, and Union counties. There are extensive records for Colfax County. Cases of note are the Maxwell Land Grant "squatter" cases involving the Maxwell Land Grant Co., the Maxwell Ditch and Reservoir Co., and the Maxwell Irrigated Land Co. Kiker, Bickley, and Voorhees office correspondence includes Kiker's and Bickley's political and personal...
Abstract This collection contains correspondence and other papers relating to legal cases of Henry A. Kiker, and the law firm of Bickley & Kiker, 1879-1934.
Dates: 1879-1934; Majority of material found within 1901-1934
Scope and Content Collection consists of Santiago L. Hubbell's papers, deeds to the Pajarito property, Philip Hubbell's papers, and miscellaneous family papers. Santiago's papers include correspondence, business records, military orders, and sutler records. Items included are a muster roll for Hubbell's Company of New Mexican Mounted Volunteers (1861) and a 1859 translation of Juan Jose Lucero's account of his 1847 campaign against the Navajos. Philip's papers include personal and business records. Included are...
Scope and Content Collection consists of records of the Hudspeth and Hewitt law firm. Includes correpondence, financial records, and a variety of legal documents. Correspondence involves either Andrew H. Hudspeth or John Y. Hewitt.
Scope and Content Collection consists of Cockrells business and personal papers. Series I consists of probate records, case files, and correspondence. Some pertain to work with the Missouri Pacific Railway Co. Series II consists of various documents relating to work with the Feliz Cattle Co.; the Old Abe Co. (mining); the Taliaferro Mercantile Co.; and land claim cases filed with the U.S. Land Offices in Las Cruces and Roswell, New Mexico, and Glenwood Springs, Colorado. Series III consists of personal and...
Abstract Papers of John M. and Ruth Tompkins Penfield and records of the Penfield Store of Lincoln, New Mexico. The Penfield Store was formerly the Tunstall-McSween store of Lincoln County War fame. John Penfied bought the store around 1900 and it was run by the Penfield family until sold to the state of New Mexico around 1957. Also included are papers Ruth Tompkins Penfield's family, who were involved in mining in the White Oaks area in the latter 19th century.
Dates: 1890 - 1960
Scope and Content Collection consists of Armijo's business and personal papers. Correspondence primarily concerns legal matters and includes letters to Armijo from Elisha V. Long; letters sent and received by Octaviano A. Larrazolo, a business associate of Armijo who later served as Governor of New Mexico from 1919 to 1920; and Armijo's correspondence with Harry S. Bowman, Attorney General of New Mexico. Other documents include Armijo's expense statements as District Court Judge; his correspondence as Las Vegas...
Scope and Content Collection consists of records and correspondence from Manuel Sanchez's law practice. Includes case files, carbon copies of letters sent and legal documents, clients' letters received, briefs, and law reports and related material on a wide range of subjects.
Some materials are in Spanish.
Some materials are in Spanish.
Dates: 1802-1969 (bulk, 1920-1950)
Scope and Content Collection consists of the legal papers of Merrill E. Noble and the legal and personal papers of James V. Noble. The bulk of the collection consists of the legal files of Merrill's and James' private practice in Las Vegas. Legal files include correspondence, pleadings, and other materials that pertain to various civil, criminal, and probate cases in New Mexico. Included are papers pertaining to the following land grants: Las Vegas, Anton Chico, Preston Beck, Ortiz, and Tecolote; land titles in...
Scope and Content Collection consists of case files and a variety of documents such as wills, deeds, and estate records from legal cases handled by Laughlin. Series I includes materials on homestead claims and businesses such as the Globe Land Co. and the La Fonda Hotel. Series II includes materials on acequias and water rights, banks (including the First National Bank of Santa Fe and the Santa Fe Bank), mining companies (including the Rio Arriba Coal Co.), and the Denver and Rio Grande Railroad Co. Series III...
Abstract The collection contains two photographs, both unidentified (Larrazolo?) male subjects, one child, one young adult.
- Subject: Lawyers -- New Mexico X
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 23
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 8
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 6
- New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections 3
- Albuquerque Bernalillo County Special Collections Library 1
- Lawyers -- New Mexico 14
- Legal files 14
- Judicial records 8
- State government records 8
- Territorial records 8
- Dockets 7
- Legal documents 7
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 7
- Trial and arbitral proceedings 7
- Water rights -- New Mexico 7
- Las Vegas (N.M.) -- History 6
- Maxwell Land Grant (N.M. and Colo.) 6
- Clippings 5
- Conveyances 5
- Deeds 5
- Estate records 5
- Lawyers--New Mexico 5
- Preston Beck Land Grant (N.M.) 5
- Bonds (legal records) 4
- Family papers 4
- Lincoln County (N.M.) -- History 4
- Wills 4
- Account books 3
- Anton Chico Land Grant (N.M.) 3
- Judges -- New Mexico 3
- Lawyers -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 3
- Mora Land Grant (N.M.) 3
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 3
- Photographs 3
- Piedra Lumbre Land Grant (N.M.) 3
- Subpoenas 3
- Addresses 2
- Antonio Martinez Land Grant (N.M.) 2
- Caja del Rio Land Grant (N.M.) 2
- Cieneguilla Land Grant (N.M.) 2
- Colfax County (N.M.) -- Trials, litigation, etc. 2
- Contracts 2
- Courts -- New Mexico 2
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico 2
- Land Grants -- New Mexico 2
- Land grants -- New Mexico 2
- Land grants New Mexico 2
- Land grants--New Mexico 2
- Land titles -- New Mexico 2
- Land titles--Registration and transfer--New Mexico 2
- Las Vegas Land Grant (N.M.) 2
- Lawyers New Mexico 2
- Lawyers New Mexico Santa Fe 2
- Lawyers--New Mexico--Lincoln County 2
- Map 2
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 2
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 2
- Newspapers 2
- Notarial documents 2
- Politicians -- New Mexico 2
- Programs 2
- Real property--New Mexico 2
- San Juan County (N.M.) -- History 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- Warrants 2
- Abstracts 1
- Acequia Madre (N.M.) 1
- Acequia del Medio (N.M.) 1
- Affidavits 1
- African Americans 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Newspapers 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Antonio Sedilla Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Appellate courts - New Mexico - History - Sources 1
- Archaeology -- New Mexico 1
- Arroyo Hondo Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Articles of incorporation 1
- Associations, institutions, etc.--New Mexico 1
- Attorneys general -- New Mexico 1
- Bandelier National Monument (N.M.) 1
- Bankruptcy -- New Mexico 1
- Banks and banking -- New Mexico 1
- Banks and banking -- Pictorial Works 1
- Banks and banking--New Mexico 1
- Banks and banking--New Mexico--Lincoln County 1
- Bernalillo County (N.M.) -- History 1
- Bernalillo County (N.M.) -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 1
- Black-and-white photographs 1
- Brazitos Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Business enterprises -- New Mexico 1
- By-laws 1
- Cadillac automobiles 1
- Case files 1
- Cattle trade -- New Mexico 1
- Certificates 1
- Civil procedure -- New Mexico 1
- Civil procedure -- New Mexico -- Bernalillo County 1
- Civil procedure -- New Mexico -- Luna County 1
- Civil procedure -- New Mexico -- San Juan County 1
- Civil procedure -- New Mexico -- Sierra County 1
- Civil procedure -- New Mexico -- Socorro County 1
- Civil procedure --New Mexico 1
- Civil procedure New Mexico. 1
- Civil procedure--New Mexico--Doña Ana County 1 ∧ less
- Undetermined 28
- Catron, Thomas Benton, 1840-1921 3
- Fall, Albert B. (Albert Bacon), 1861-1944 3
- United States. Army. Volunteer Cavalry, 1st 3
- Baca, Elfego, 1864-1945 2
- Billy, the Kid 2
- Jones, Andrieus Aristieus, 1862-1927 2
- Maxwell Land Grant Company 2
- Otero, Miguel Antonio, 1859-1944 2
- Rogers, Albert T. 2
- Albuquerque & Cerrillos Coal Company 1
- Armijo family 1
- Axtell, Samuel B. (Samuel Beach), 1819-1891 1
- Catron, C. C. 1
- Catron, Fletcher A. (Fletcher Arthur), b. 1890 1
- Cutting, Bronson M., 1888-1935 1
- First National Bank of Santa Fe 1
- Garrett, Pat F. (Pat Floyd), 1850-1908 1
- Gross, Kelly & Company, Inc 1
- Hudspeth, Andrew Hutchins, 1874- 1
- Keleher family 1
- Keleher, William A. (William Aloysius), 1886-1972 1
- Ketchum, Black Jack, 1863-1901 1
- La Fonda (Hotel : Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Macpherson 1
- Macpherson, Daniel Angus Jr. 1
- Missouri Pacific Railway Company 1
- Mitchell, Albert K., b. 1894 1
- New Mexico. Legislature 1
- Nusbaum, Jesse L. (Jesse Logan), 1887-1975 1
- Prince, L. Bradford (Le Baron Bradford), 1840-1922 1
- Pyle, Ernie, 1900-1945 1
- Rogers, Albert T., Jr. 1
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919 1
- Siringo, Charles A., 1855-1928 1
- Tingley, Clyde 1 ∧ less