Henry A. Kiker Papers,
Scope and Content
Collection consists of Henry A. Kiker's legal papers. District court records pertain to civil, criminal, and probate cases in Colfax, Eddy, Mora, Quay, Taos, and Union counties. There are extensive records for Colfax County. Cases of note are the Maxwell Land Grant "squatter" cases involving the Maxwell Land Grant Co., the Maxwell Ditch and Reservoir Co., and the Maxwell Irrigated Land Co. Kiker, Bickley, and Voorhees office correspondence includes Kiker's and Bickley's political and personal correspondence. Also included is a scrapbook of Kiker's political speeches.
Language of Materials
Limited duplication allowed for research purposes. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
Henry A. Kiker was a partner in the law firm of Kiker, Bickley and Voorhees, in Las Vegas, New Mexico.
7 Linear Feet
Collection is organized into seven series:
- I. Maxwell Land Grant Cases
- II. District Court Cases, Colfax County
- III. Probate Court Cases, Colfax County, #1444-#1928, and Unnumbered Cases
- IV. Court Cases, Other Counties
- V. Miscellaneous Documents
- VI. Kiker, Bickley and Voorhees Records
- VII. New Mexico Supreme Court Cases
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives
- Archives and Historical Services Division
- 1205 Camino Carlos Rey
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505
- Phone: 505-476-7908
- Fax: 505-476-7909
- Email: email@example.com
- URL: http://www.state.nm.us/cpr/ahsd_top.htm
- Inventory of the Henry A. Kiker Papers, 1888-1930
- Edited Full Draft
- Processed by Kay Dorman
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//New Mexico State Records Center and Archives//TEXT (US::Nm-Ar::1975-005::Henry A. Kiker Papers)//EN" "nmar1975-005.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.