A. A. Jones Family Papers,
Identifier: AC 282
Scope and Content
Collection consists of personal, business and polititcal papers of A. A. Jones. Approximately half of the collection contains the Jones Family papers which includes personal and business records, land grant case records pertaining to the Preston Beck and Anton Chico land grants, correspondence, pamphlets and miscellaneous clippings. The second half of the collecton is related to his political involvement in the Democratic Party in New Mexico.
- 1865-1942 (bulk 1885-1942)
Language of Materials
Duplication allowed for research purposes. User responsible for all copyright compliance.
A.A. Jones was a prominent lawyer, businessman, and politician from East Las Vegas, N.M. He served as a special U.S. District Attorney (1894-1898), First Assistant Secretrary of the Interior (1913-1916), and U.S. Senator (1916-1927).
8 Linear Feet
- Fray AngÃ©lico ChÃ¡vez History Library
- New Mexico History Museum
- P.O. Box 2087
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504-2087, U.S.A.
- Phone: (+)505.476.5090
- Email: email@example.com
- URL: www.palaceofthegovernors.org
- African Americans
- Anton Chico Land Grant (N.M.)
- Cadillac automobiles
- Cutting, Bronson M., 1888-1935
- Fall, Albert B. (Albert Bacon), 1861-1944
- Jones, Andrieus Aristieus, 1862-1927
- Land grants--New Mexico
- Las Vegas (N.M.) -- History
- Lawyers--New Mexico
- Legislators--United States
- New Mexico -- Politics and government
- Politicians--New Mexico
- Preston Beck Land Grant (N.M.)
- Guide to the A. A. Jones Family Papers, 1865-1942 (bulk 1885-1942)
- Processed by Library Staff
- Â©2000; update Â©2010
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//New Mexico History Museum::Fray Angelico Chavez History Library//TEXT (US::NmSM::AC 282::A. A. Jones Family Papers)//EN" "nmsm1ac282.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.