John H. Cockrell Papers,
Scope and Content
Collection consists of Cockrells business and personal papers. Series I consists of probate records, case files, and correspondence. Some pertain to work with the Missouri Pacific Railway Co. Series II consists of various documents relating to work with the Feliz Cattle Co.; the Old Abe Co. (mining); the Taliaferro Mercantile Co.; and land claim cases filed with the U.S. Land Offices in Las Cruces and Roswell, New Mexico, and Glenwood Springs, Colorado. Series III consists of personal and business correspondence. Series IV consists of legal documents, mining records, and land conveyances in Lincoln County, New Mexico.
Language of Materials
Limited duplication allowed for research purposes. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
Cockrell was an attorney in Johnson County, Missouri before moving his practice to Lincoln County, New Mexico in 1885.
1 Linear Feet
Collection is organized into four series:
- I. Johnson County, Missouri practice (1856-1886)
- II. Lincoln County, New Mexico practice (1885-1917)
- III. Correspondence (1885-1895)
- IV. Miscellaneous (1880-1919)
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives
- Archives and Historical Services Division
- 1205 Camino Carlos Rey
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505
- Phone: 505-476-7908
- Fax: 505-476-7909
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- URL: http://www.state.nm.us/cpr/ahsd_top.htm
- Inventory of the John H. Cockrell Papers, 1856-1919
- Edited Full Draft
- Processed by Mary Brecht
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//New Mexico State Records Center and Archives//TEXT (US::Nm-Ar::1959-034::John H. Cockrell Papers)//EN" "nmar1959-034.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.