Showing Collections: 51 - 75 of 80
Scope and Content As of 1997 collection consists of records of the New Mexico Department of Education, State Board of Education, State Superintendent of Public Instruction, and their predecessors the Territorial Board of Education, Territorial Superintendent of Schools,and Superintendent of Public Instruction (1847-1988).Includes annual and other reports, minutes, administrative correspondence, directories, certificates, legal documents, laws, rules, one scrapbook of clippings (1905-1908), and one letterpress...
Scope and Content Collection consists of the records of the New Mexico Legislative Energy Committee (1975-1977). Includes minutes, administrative records, subject files, desk files of Chairman John J. Mershon, and three scrapbooks and unmounted newspaper clippings on energy subjects. Administrative records include correspondence, briefs, budgets, press releases, and reports to the Legislature. Subject files contain reports from state, interstate, and federal agencies.
Abstract Records of the state executive board and individual state chapters for the women's philanthropic association.
Abstract The records document the activities of the UNM New Mexico Alpha Chapter of the Pi Beta Phi women’s fraternity in scrapbooks, photographs, slides, newspaper clippings, film, photographic negatives, and event programs.
Abstract Collection consists of a scrapbook which was awarded first prize at the National Federation of Music Clubs convention in 1933.
Identifier: AC 186-S
Scope and Content Collection consists of two scrapbooks of clippings, pamphlets, and letters, compiled by Ina Sizer Cassidy for the use of Friends of the Pueblo Indians, 1922-1924. Clippings are primarily from the Santa Fe New Mexican and relate to the Pueblo Indians' rights to land. Pamphlets include a legal brief printed by the American Indian Defense Association concerning "white claims" to Indian land, 1922. Assistant Indian Commissioner Edgar B. Merritt's address regarding Pueblo Indian land tenure is also...
Scope and Content Collection consists of one scrapbook of newspaper clippings and one folder of pamphlets and other promotional materials on Clarkson Motors and the Indian Detours program.
Identifier: AC 226
Scope and Content The Ralph Emerson Twitchell Collection's first part consists of the papers of Ralph Emerson Twitchell (11-29-1859 to 10-26-1925), the attorney, public office holder and historian; Margaret Olivia Collins Twitchell (born circa 1868 to 1-29-1900), the first Mrs. Twitchell; Estelle Bennett Burton Twitchell (1-31-1872 to 10-13-1952), the second Mrs. Twitchell; and Waldo Collins Twitchell, the son of Margaret and Ralph who became an engineer and a writer. The second part of the Ralph...
Identifier: Archives 102.0
Scope and Content This collection consists of material generated by individuals or organizations affiliated in some manner with the university. These would include clubs whose members were drawn from the faculty and staff of the university or persons who compiled information on the university for their own purposes and then donated it to the archives.
Dates: 1940-; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Found in: New Mexico Highlands University
Abstract The scrapbook contains mementos from Roland Unwin’s travels across the United States, as well as materials relating to his journeys by ship between London and the U.S.
Dates: 1912 September-1913 July
Abstract The collection consists of a scrapbook documenting work of Roubal & Associates, an Albuquerque firm specializing in plannng, design, and construction management.
Abstract Large scrapbook from Ruth Emmet McKowen from when she was an undergraduate student at University of New Mexico.
Dates: 1914-1940; Majority of material found within 1914-1918
Identifier: AC 172
Scope and Content Ruth Kelsey Diel Papers are arranged both topically and chronologically.
Scope and Content The collection contains a scrapbook of the South Ward Parents Teacher Association for the school year 1954-1955 and parts of 1956, and four photographs. Newspaper clippings detailing PTA business and events, as well as school functions and meeting summaries or minutes are found within the scrapbook. The school year covered marks the last year Miss Nees served as principal of South Ward School before leaving to take the position of principal at Valley View School and some of the later clippings...
Dates: 1935 - 1956
Identifier: AC 199
Scope and Content Collection consists of records and other materials from the Santa Fe Chamber of Commerce. Includes correspondence, financial records, scrapbooks, letterpress books, minutes, and reports. Much of the material concerns topics such as tourism, conventions, banquets, and resorts, as well as organizations such as the Fred Harvey Company, the Glorieta Baptist Conference Center, and the Coronado Cuarto Centennial celebration of 1940.
Abstract The collection contains administrative records of the Southwest Oral History Association (SOHA).
Abstract SPURS was an honorary sophomore service organization at UNM from 1988 to 1996. The collection contains correspondence, photos, scrapbooks and objects.
Identifier: AC 543
Scope and Content Collection contains historical information about the town of Cimarron, N.M., the Don Diego/St. James Hotel in Cimarron, and Rev. Thomas J. Tolby. Also included is a copy of 1879 Maxwell Land Grant Company.
Abstract This collection contains the personal and professional papers of Samuel Thomas (S.T.) Vann, one of the first UNM students and an important early resident of Albuquerque. Included materials include scrapbooks detailing the family’s athletic activities, news clippings, photographs, correspondence, and issues of the New Mexsigan—the newsletter of UNM’s Sigma Chi fraternity—from when Vann’s son Richard attended the University in the 1920s.
Identifier: AC 219
Scope and Content Collection consists of materials relating to the Taos Society of Artists and its members. Includes the constitution, by-laws, minutes, and reports of the Society; promotional materials and programs from various art exhibits; and materials concerning the Museum of New Mexico, which worked closely with the Society. This collection also contains a significant amount of correspondence involving members and associates of the Society, including Oscar Berninghaus, E. Irving Couse, Gerald Cassidy, Bert...
Identifier: AC 224
Scope and Content The Theron Marquis Trombeau papers include manuscripts, publications, correspondence and journals written between 1927 and 1979. Trombeau wrote extensively about southern New Mexico. He also wrote fiction, poetry, newspaper columns and essays. Some of his works explore homosexuality.
Abstract This collection contains materials from the files of former UNM President Thomas L. Popejoy. It includes correspondence, materials from Popejoy’s inauguration, news clippings, photographs, scrapbooks, speeches, and one video tape.
Abstract The UNM Faculty Women's Club was formed in order "to promote social life and general culture." The collection contains administrative records of the organization and scrapbooks documenting activities.
Dates: 1927-1981; Majority of material found within 1967-1981
Abstract The UNM Memorabilia collection consists of University of New Mexico memorabilia donated to the University Archives by various individuals including alumni and former faculty.
Identifier: AC 360-s
Scope and Content Collection consists of clippings of Dunton's illustrations and articles that appeared in journals and magazines, notably The National Sportsman, Nickel, Field and Stream, Brown Book, and Vogue. One scrapbook is bound, and one is unbound containing clippings in eighteen plastic covers.
- Subject: Scrapbooks X
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 30
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 27
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 10
- New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections 9
- Institute of American Indian Arts 1
- New Mexico Highlands University 1
- NMHM Palace of the Governors Photo Archives 1
- UNM School of Law Library 1 ∧ less
- Clippings 33
- Photographs 28
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 10
- Account books 8
- Diaries 7
- Letters 7
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 7
- Publications 6
- Reports 6
- Financial records 5
- Postcards 5
- Administrative agencies -- New Mexico 4
- Certificates 4
- Correspondence 4
- Manuscripts 4
- Minutes (Records) 4
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 4
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 4
- Pamphlets 4
- Authors, American -- New Mexico 3
- Ephemera 3
- Family histories 3
- Festivals -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 3
- Genealogy 3
- Governors -- New Mexico 3
- New Mexico -- History -- 20th century 3
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 3
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1951- 3
- Addresses 2
- Annual reports 2
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Taos 2
- Black-and-white photographs 2
- By-laws 2
- College students -- New Mexico 2
- Constitutions 2
- Europe--Description and travel 2
- Exhibition catalogs 2
- Family papers 2
- Las Cruces (N.M.) -- History 2
- Las Vegas (N.M.) -- History 2
- Lawyers -- New Mexico 2
- Letterpress copybooks 2
- Map 2
- Maxwell Land Grant (N.M. and Colo.) 2
- Mural painting and decoration 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government 2
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 2
- Newsletters 2
- Newspapers 2
- Photograph albums 2
- Poems 2
- Programs 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Commerce 2
- Tourism -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 2
- Yearbooks 2
- (Buffalo, N.Y.) -- Travel 1
- Academic freedom 1
- Acoma Pueblo (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- African American Baseball Players 1
- Alabados 1
- Albums (Books) 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Bands 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Newspapers 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Photographs 1
- Allen, Lois Stone--Archives. 1
- Allen, Lois Stone. Ismailia or a Young Girl’s Trip to California with Ismailia--Manuscripts. 1
- Ambassadors -- United States 1
- Amistad (N.M.) -- History 1
- Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine for North America. Ismailia Temple 1
- Anton Chico (N.M.) -- Commerce 1
- Anton Chico Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Apache Indians -- Government relations. 1
- Apartment houses -- New Mexico -- Las Vegas 1
- Arbor Day 1
- Archaeology -- New Mexico 1
- Architects -- New Mexico 1
- Architects--California 1
- Architecture -- Calilfornia 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico 1
- Architecture and solar radiation--California 1
- Architecture and solar radiation--New Mexico 1
- Art -- New Mexico -- Taos 1
- Art, American--New Mexico--20th century 1
- Art, modern -- 20th Century -- New Mexico -- Taos 1
- Art--Indian--Southwest--New 1
- Art--New Mexico--Santa Fe 1
- Articles 1
- Artists -- New Mexico 1
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Artists--California 1
- Associations, institutions, etc.--New Mexico--History--Sources. 1
- Associations, institutions, etc.--New Mexico--Las Cruces--Directories. 1
- Associations, institutions, etc.--New Mexico--Las Cruces--History--Sources. 1
- Athletes -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Athletics -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Attorneys general -- New Mexico 1
- Attorneys--New Mexico 1
- Authors, American -- Kansas 1
- Automobile travel -- New Mexico. 1 ∧ less
- English 75
- Undetermined 37
- Japanese 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- University of New Mexico. Students 4
- School of American Research (Santa Fe, N.M.) 3
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 2
- Fred Harvey (Firm) 2
- Hewett, Edgar L. (Edgar Lee), 1865-1946 2
- Albuquerque High School (Albuquerque, N.M.) 1
- American G.I. Forum 1
- Anthony Women's Civic Club of Anthony, New Mexico-Texas 1
- Austin, Mary, 1868-1934 1
- Baumann, Gustave, 1881-1971 1
- Berninghaus, Oscar E. (Oscar Edmund), 1874-1952 1
- Billy, the Kid 1
- Blumenschein, E. L. (Ernest Leonard), 1874-1960 1
- Carrie Tingley Hospital for Crippled Children 1
- Cassidy, Gerald, 1869-1934 1
- Cassidy, Ina Sizer, 1869-1965 1
- Curry, Albert 1
- Curry, George, 1861-1947 1
- Democratic Party (N.M.) 1
- Dorman, H.H. (Henry Howard), 1872-1960 1
- Friends of the Pueblo Indians 1
- Garcia, Hector P., 1914-1996 1
- Hagerman, Herbert J. (Herbert James), 1871-1935 1
- Heady, Ferrel 1
- Henderson, Alice Oliver 1
- Historical Society of New Mexico 1
- Keep New Mexico Beautiful, Inc 1
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 1
- Mechem, E. L. (Edwin Leard), 1912-2002 1
- New Mexico Highlands University 1
- New Mexico Normal University 1
- New Mexico. Department of Education 1
- Phelps Dodge Corporation 1
- Prince, L. Bradford (Le Baron Bradford), 1840-1922 1
- Renehan, Alois B., 1869-1928 1
- Roubal and Associates 1
- Roubal, Gerald 1
- School of American Archaeology (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Taos Society of Artists 1
- Tellez, Isabelle Ogaz 1
- Tellez, Louis 1
- Thomas, B. M. (Benjamin Morris), 1843-1892 1
- United States. Army. Volunteer Cavalry, 1st 1
- United States. Work Projects Administration 1
- University of New Mexico 1
- University of New Mexico. Faculty Women's Club 1
- Upper Iowa University 1
- Walter, Paul A. F. 1
- Waste Isolation Pilot Plant (N.M.) 1
- Weigle, Marta 1 ∧ less