Theron Marquis Trombeau Papers,
Identifier: AC 224
Scope and Content
The Theron Marquis Trombeau papers include manuscripts, publications, correspondence and journals written between 1927 and 1979. Trombeau wrote extensively about southern New Mexico. He also wrote fiction, poetry, newspaper columns and essays. Some of his works explore homosexuality.
Language of Materials
Duplication allowed for research purposes. User responsible for all copyright compliance.
During the 1960s and 1970s Trombeau ran the Sleepy Burro School of Art.
7 Linear Feet
All materials relating to the art school have been transferred to the Museum of Fine Art Library. All slides and photographs have been transferred to the Photo Archives. Numerous newspaper clippings and notes have been integrated into the Chávez History Library's vertical files.
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library
- The Palace of the Governors
- P.O. 2087
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504-2087, U.S.A.
- Phone: (+)505.476.5090
- Fax: (+)505.476.5093
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- URL: www.palaceofthegovernors.org
- Guide to the Theron Marquis Trombeau Papers, 1927-1979
- Processed by Library Staff
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//Museum of New Mexico::Fray Angelico Chavez History Library//TEXT (US::NmSM::AC 224::Theron Marquis Trombeau Papers)//EN" "nmsm1ac224.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.