Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 37
Scope and Content Collection consists of account books, three wholesale catalogues, one ranch ledger, a record book for the Acqueia de Anton Chico, a political scrapbook (ca. 1924), a survey map of the family property, and miscellaneous family papers. The three wholesale catalogues are from C.H. Hyer & Sons (Kansas), Hendrie & Bolthoff Co., and John Wyeth & Brother (Philadelphia).
Some materials are in Spanish.
Some materials are in Spanish.
Scope and Content Collection consists of professional and personal papers of Armstrong and his wife, Alta Morton Armstrong. Includes scrapbooks, newspaper clippings, and family memorabilia.
Identifier: AC 166
Scope and Content Collection consists of the scrapbooks of New Mexico Governor Arthur Seligman, 1930-1933. Clippings represent newspapers throughout New Mexico and reflect the activities of Seligman as governor. Subjects include; politics, pardons, education, official appointments, veterans, the economy, the National Recovery Administration, and other related topics. The collection is rich in clippings pertaining to the National Miners' Union Strike of 1933 in Gallup, New Mexico.
Scope and Content Collection consists of materials created and collected by Smaulding. Most of the items relate to his athletic career, including a scrapbook of newspaper clippings on his achievements as a high school athlete and professional baseball player, and yearbooks of Albuquerque High School from 1917, 1918, 1920, and 1924. Collection also includes Smaulding's 1923 contract with the semi-professional baseball team the Queen City Stars of Seattle, and the constitution and by-laws of the Chicago-Piney...
Identifier: AC 429-p
Scope and Content The scrapbook contains the plans and schematics of the Camp Luna Apartment Complex. The designs were created by Richard Halford, AIA, & Associates. The book also contains information on the loan application, the estimates of project costs, correspondence regarding the Las Vegas housing shortage, feasibility reports, and information on the U.S. Forest Service's Job Corps Camp.
Identifier: AC 140
Scope and Content One scrapbook kept by Lutz containing letters, bills, circulars, and other materials. Most of the scrapbook items concern Lutz's work for the Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railroad, and the U.S. Census Office. There are also materials on mining in the area of Cerrillos, New Mexico.
Dates: 1890 - 1894
Identifier: AC 386-p
Scope and Content Collection contains one scrapbook documenting former students of the Melrose, New Mexico School (who were registered between August 31, 1931 and May 20, 1943). The scrapbook was created in 1993 for a class reunion on August 14, 1993. Included in the collection is a short biography and a photograph of Dolores Durnell with New Mexico State Senator Nancy Rodriguez during the 2nd session of the 45th New Mexico legislature, 2002, in which the Senate adopted a resolution honoring Dolores Durnell for...
Scope and Content Collection consists of Woodward's personal papers and research materials collected and created in the process of the publication of her doctoral thesis and of various articles on the Penitentes (a grassroots Catholic group) of Northern New Mexico. Includes correspondence with various persons and institutions (1933-1949), two notebooks and a diary (1925-1928), and a scrapbook (1938). Notebooks and diary pertain to Woodward's travels to Europe and Hobbs, New Mexico. Research materials consist of...
Dates: 1542-1957 (bulk 1852-1957)
Identifier: AC 105
Scope and Content Collection contains Edgar L. Hewett's personal and business papers and covers the years 1905 to 1947. The folders are mostly in chronological order until Hewett's death in 1946, although the letters are not strictly in order by date. Folders in the later boxes are in alphabetical order by subject matter, and sometimes these are in reverse chronological order. Undated and incomplete letters for any particular period are normally at the end of a folder. Correspondence is arranged...
Identifier: AC 247
Scope and Content Collection consists of materials by and about Wynkoop. Includes a scrapbook of newspaper clippings collected by Wynkoop from 1859 to 1891, certificates and letters received by Wynkoop from 1861 to 1883, and a photocopy and typescript of Wynkoop's memoirs. Much of the materials in this collection relate to the Civil War in the West, the Sand Creek Massacre of Indians in Colorado, and John Chivington, a rival of Wynkoop who was also the leader of the American forces responsible for the Sand Creek...
Dates: 1859-1987 (bulk, 1859-1891)
Scope and Content Collection consists of Elisha V. and Boaz W. Long's personal, legal, and dipolmatic correspondence; legal and business records; manuscripts and reports; clippings; and family papers. A large portion of the collection consists of: the legal papers of Elisha V. Long during his tenure as district attorney for several New Mexico counties (1896-1899), as the Chief Justice of the New Mexico Territorial Supreme Court (1885- 1890), and as a private attorney; and the official papers of Boaz W. Long...
Identifier: AC 211
Scope and Content The collection revolves around the internationally recognized sculptor and longtime resident of Santa Fe -- Eugenie Fredericka Shonnard. The bulk of the collection is from the mid-nineteenth century to the late 1970s. The collection is arranged both topically and chronologically. Biographical sketches precede those individuals whose papers comprise a significant portion of the overall collection. Collection consists of letters, diaries, ledgers, clippings, scrapbooks, notebooks,...
Dates: 1729-1978 (bulk, 1850-1978)
Identifier: AC 091-P
Scope and Content One scrapbook of newspaper clippings from New Mexico newspapers in the late 1880s and 1890. Most of the clippings are from the Las Vegas News and the Las Vegas Democrat of Las Vegas, New Mexico. The clippings involve a broad range of topics, including politics, prohibition, and the suicide of Annie Videlle, a teen-age prostitute, in Las Vegas in 1890. One of the clippings includes the statement of purpose from the first issue...
Identifier: AC 184
Scope and Content Two scrapbooks consisting primarily of undated newspaper clippings covering many topics, including New Mexico politics, Republican Party activities, poetry, family activities, and speeches given by Prichard. There are also several handwritten notes, and some of the newspaper clippings concern the removal of Prichard as U.S. Attorney in Las Vegas.
Scope and Content Collection consists of the political and private papers of Lusk that relate to the 80th Congress (1947-1948), the Veterans' Affairs Committee (1947-1955), War Claims Commission (1947-1953), and education in New Mexico (1931-1958). Included are ten scrapbooks pertaining to her tenure as Superintendent of Public Instruction for the state of New Mexico.
Identifier: AC 075
Scope and Content The Bruce T. Ellis Collection consists of various original and photostatic copies of the Spanish, Mexican and American period of New Mexico's history. Ellis, a former employee of the Museum of New Mexico's History Bureau, collected and saved many of these diverse documents from destruction. The collection is arranged topically and then chronologically.
Identifier: AC 433-p
Scope and Content Scrapbook contains original engraving samples of typical 19th century designs - such as political, journalistic, and military figures (George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, William Nast), dramatic historical scenes (Peter the Great crossing the Neva), industrial buildings and structures, and numerous advertisements (a few in German). No additional information available on the engravings. Handwritten note by son Hugh Lambert indicates that some engravings are by Harry Lambert, "but most are not."
Dates: 1850s-1900s; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Identifier: AC 064-S
Scope and Content Collection consist of the scrapbook of Harry H. Dorman, 1907-1912. The bulk of the clippings are from the New Mexican and the Eagle, a weekly publication for all of Santa Fe County. Subjects discussed are: politics, statehood, official appointments, tourism, development, Elephant Butte Dam, the Phelps-Dodge company indictment for land fraud, Judge Robert W. Archibald's impeachment from the United States Court of Commerce, and...
Scope and Content Collection consists of Santiago L. Hubbell's papers, deeds to the Pajarito property, Philip Hubbell's papers, and miscellaneous family papers. Santiago's papers include correspondence, business records, military orders, and sutler records. Items included are a muster roll for Hubbell's Company of New Mexican Mounted Volunteers (1861) and a 1859 translation of Juan Jose Lucero's account of his 1847 campaign against the Navajos. Philip's papers include personal and business records. Included are...
Identifier: AC 071
Scope and Content Included in this collection are Isabel Eckles' memorabilia, personal correspondence and papers pertaining to her various interests. Among the photocopied documents are memoirs written by Addison M. Williams and edited by E. Dana Johnson including poems, short stories, and a 79 page autobiography titled: "My Yesterdays: The Autobiography of an Ordinary Citizen: A Narrative of Early Days from Ohio to Old Santa Fe and Montana. Sidelights on the Formative Period in Some Far Western...
Identifier: AC 060-S
Scope and Content These scrapbooks of clippings, primarily from New Mexican newspapers, cover the years of John Joseph Dempsey's political career from his first campaign for the U.S. Senate (1940) and his appointment as Under-Secretary of the Interior that same year, through his two terms as Governor of New Mexico (1942-1946). In all, there are 14 scrapbooks with a folder containing a few clippings from 1948. The first scrapbook (1940-1941) consists of clippings concerned only with his Senatorial...
Identifier: AC 118
Scope and Content The Jones Collection covers the years from 1844 to 1969 and deals mainly with the Jones family history in Ohio, Wisconsin, Iowa and New Mexico. There is an extensive amount of material on Amistad, N.M. and Hawkeye, Iowa. Material includes papers from the Godlove and Brown families of the Amistad area, as well as general material on homesteading, turn-of-the-century education and social history. On August 7, 1975 Clara May Daves of Albuquerque donated a scrapbook to the Jones...
Identifier: AC 134
Scope and Content The Lincoln County Collection consists of approximately ten feet of business, financial, and personal documents arranged topically and then chronologically after their transfer to the Museum of New Mexico from the Lincoln County, New Mexico Courthouse.
Dates: 1885-1976; 7-1-1887);
Scope and Contents note This collection comprises mainly photographs and newspaper clippings as well as some ephemera and correspondence relating to the life and work of the American artist Merina Lujan Hopkins (Pop Chalee). The photographs and newspaper clippings primarily relate to publicity surrounding the "Annie Get Your Gun" tour she participated in with Ed "Natay" Lee in 1950 as well as promotional events the two did on behalf of the Santa Fe Railway in the late 1940s and early to mid-1950s. Additionally, there...
Found in: Institute of American Indian Arts
Scope and Content As of 1997 collection consists of records of the New Mexico Department of Education, State Board of Education, State Superintendent of Public Instruction, and their predecessors the Territorial Board of Education, Territorial Superintendent of Schools,and Superintendent of Public Instruction (1847-1988).Includes annual and other reports, minutes, administrative correspondence, directories, certificates, legal documents, laws, rules, one scrapbook of clippings (1905-1908), and one letterpress...
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 25
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 10
- Institute of American Indian Arts 1
- New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections 1
- Clippings 21
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 9
- Account books 8
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 7
- Photographs 7
- Reports 6
- Diaries 5
- Financial records 5
- Publications 5
- Certificates 4
- Minutes (Records) 4
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 4
- Administrative agencies -- New Mexico 3
- Authors, American -- New Mexico 3
- Family histories 3
- Festivals -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 3
- Genealogy 3
- Manuscripts 3
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 3
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 3
- Pamphlets 3
- Annual reports 2
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Taos 2
- By-laws 2
- Constitutions 2
- Exhibition catalogs 2
- Family papers 2
- Governors -- New Mexico 2
- Las Vegas (N.M.) -- History 2
- Lawyers -- New Mexico 2
- Letterpress copybooks 2
- Map 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1951- 2
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 2
- Newspapers 2
- Poems 2
- Programs 2
- Tourism -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 2
- Addresses 1
- African American Baseball Players 1
- Alabados 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Newspapers 1
- Ambassadors -- United States 1
- Amistad (N.M.) -- History 1
- Anton Chico (N.M.) -- Commerce 1
- Anton Chico Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Apartment houses -- New Mexico -- Las Vegas 1
- Archaeology -- New Mexico 1
- Architects -- New Mexico 1
- Architects--California 1
- Architecture -- Calilfornia 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico 1
- Architecture and solar radiation--California 1
- Architecture and solar radiation--New Mexico 1
- Art -- New Mexico -- Taos 1
- Art, American--New Mexico--20th century 1
- Art, modern -- 20th Century -- New Mexico -- Taos 1
- Art--Indian--Southwest--New 1
- Art--New Mexico--Santa Fe 1
- Articles 1
- Artists -- New Mexico 1
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Artists--California 1
- Athletes -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Attorneys general -- New Mexico 1
- Attorneys--New Mexico 1
- Authors, American -- Kansas 1
- Automobile travel -- New Mexico. 1
- Banks and banking--New Mexico--Lincoln County 1
- Baseball -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Baseball -- United States 1
- Black-and-white photographs 1
- Budgets 1
- Buildings--Adobe 1
- Camp Luna Apartment Complex 1
- Carlsbad (N.M.) -- Politics 1
- Cathedral Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Cathedrals--New Mexico--Santa Fe 1
- Circulars 1
- City planning -- New Mexico -- Zuni 1
- City planning--New Mexico--Santa Rosa 1
- Coal gasification--New Mexico 1
- Colorado--History--1876-1950 1
- Colorado--History--to 1876 1
- Confraternities -- New Mexico 1
- Congresses and conventions -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Constitutional History -- New Mexico 1
- Constitutional Law -- New Mexico 1
- Contracts 1
- Deeds 1
- Directories 1
- Ditches--New Mexico--Anton Chico 1
- Drawing 1
- Education , New Mexico 1
- Education -- New Mexico 1
- Education --New Mexico 1
- Education, Bilingual --New Mexico 1
- Education--New Mexico 1
- Elephant Butte Dam (N.M.) 1 ∧ less
- English 33
- School of American Research (Santa Fe, N.M.) 3
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 2
- Fred Harvey (Firm) 2
- Hewett, Edgar L. (Edgar Lee), 1865-1946 2
- Albuquerque High School (Albuquerque, N.M.) 1
- Austin, Mary, 1868-1934 1
- Baumann, Gustave, 1881-1971 1
- Berninghaus, Oscar E. (Oscar Edmund), 1874-1952 1
- Billy, the Kid 1
- Blumenschein, E. L. (Ernest Leonard), 1874-1960 1
- Cassidy, Gerald, 1869-1934 1
- Cassidy, Ina Sizer, 1869-1965 1
- Curry, George, 1861-1947 1
- Dorman, H.H. (Henry Howard), 1872-1960 1
- Friends of the Pueblo Indians 1
- Hagerman, Herbert J. (Herbert James), 1871-1935 1
- Historical Society of New Mexico 1
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 1
- Mechem, E. L. (Edwin Leard), 1912-2002 1
- New Mexico. Department of Education 1
- Phelps Dodge Corporation 1
- Prince, L. Bradford (Le Baron Bradford), 1840-1922 1
- Renehan, Alois B., 1869-1928 1
- School of American Archaeology (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Taos Society of Artists 1
- United States. Work Projects Administration 1
- Upper Iowa University 1
- Walter, Paul A. F. 1 ∧ less