Harry H. Dorman Scrapbook
Identifier: AC 064-S
Scope and Content
Collection consist of the scrapbook of Harry H. Dorman, 1907-1912. The bulk of the clippings are from the New Mexican and the Eagle, a weekly publication for all of Santa Fe County. Subjects discussed are: politics, statehood, official appointments, tourism, development, Elephant Butte Dam, the Phelps-Dodge company indictment for land fraud, Judge Robert W. Archibald's impeachment from the United States Court of Commerce, and other related topics.
Language of Materials
Duplication allowed for research purposes. User responsible for all copyright compliance.
Originally from New York, Harry H. Dorman moved to Santa Fe, New Mexico in 1901. He was a real estate and insurance businessman. He served as the first president of the Commercial Club (now the Santa Fe Chamber of Commerce) and formed the first veterans' association with Bronson N. Cutting and Miguel Otero -- Montoya y Montoya Post No. 1 of the American Legion.
Artifacts received with collection are housed in the Palace of the Governors Museum and cataloged separately.
- Fray AngÃ©lico ChÃ¡vez History Library
- The Palace of the Governors
- P.O. Box 2087
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504-2087, U.S.A.
- Phone: (+)505.476.5090
- Fax: (+)505.476.5093
- Email: email@example.com
- URL: www.palaceofthegovernors.org
- Guide to the Harry H. Dorman Scrapbook, 1907-1912
- Edited Full Draft
- Processed by Library Staff
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//Museum of New Mexico::Fray Angelico Chavez History Library//TEXT (US::NmSM::AC 064-S::Harry H. Dorman Scrapbook)//EN" "nmsm1ac064-s.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.