Armstrong Family Papers,
Scope and Content
Collection consists of professional and personal papers of Armstrong and his wife, Alta Morton Armstrong. Includes scrapbooks, newspaper clippings, and family memorabilia.
Language of Materials
Limited duplication allowed for research purposes. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
John Wesley Armstrong was a prominent political figure in New Mexico during the early twentieth century. After serving as Mayor of Carlsbad, he was Assistant Attorney General of New Mexico from 1922 to 1924 and Attorney General from 1924 until his death in 1926.
.5 Linear Feet
Photographs received with the collection are located in the "John Wesley Armstrong Family Photograph Collection" (SRCA Photo 0002)
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives
- Archives and Historical Services Division
- 1205 Camino Carlos Rey
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505
- Phone: 505-476-7908
- Fax: 505-476-7909
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- URL: http://www.state.nm.us/cpr/ahsd_top.htm
- Inventory of the Armstrong Family Papers, 1890-1956
- Edited Full Draft
- Processed by Katherine Dorman
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//New Mexico State Records Center and Archives//TEXT (US::Nm-Ar::1980-030::Armstrong Family Papers)//EN" "nmar1980-030.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.