Georgia L. Lusk Papers,
Scope and Content
Collection consists of the political and private papers of Lusk that relate to the 80th Congress (1947-1948), the Veterans' Affairs Committee (1947-1955), War Claims Commission (1947-1953), and education in New Mexico (1931-1958). Included are ten scrapbooks pertaining to her tenure as Superintendent of Public Instruction for the state of New Mexico.
Language of Materials
Limited duplication allowed for research purposes. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
Georgia L. Lusk served as U.S. Representative for New Mexico from 1947 to 1948. She was active on the Veterans' Affairs Committee and was appointed to the War Claims Commission in 1949. Lusk served as Superintendent of Public Instruction for the state of New Mexico from 1943-1946 and was elected to that office again in 1955.
6 linear feet + 10 v.
Organized into four series:
- I. Legislation-80th congress
- II. Veterans' Affairs Committee
- III. War Claims Commission
- IV. Education
Photographs received with the collection are housed and cataloged separately.
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives
- Archives and Historical Services Division
- 1205 Camino Carlos Rey
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505
- Phone: 505-476-7908
- Fax: 505-476-7909
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- URL: http://www.state.nm.us/cpr/ahsd_top.htm
- Inventory of the Georgia L. Lusk Papers, 1931-1958
- Edited Full Draft
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//New Mexico State Records Center and Archives//TEXT (US::Nm-Ar::1960-027::Georgia L. Lusk Papers)//EN" "nmar1960-027.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.