Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 34
Identifier: AC 240
Scope and Content Collection consists of the papers of Alfred C. Wiley, 1821-1978. Included are: Alfred C. Wiley's correspondence, 1914-1951; papers relating to his childhood friend Frank Hazen, 1908-1931; Cash and Carry Groceteria documents, 1937-1978; papers relating to the Kiwanis Club; and miscellaneous papers, 1821-1946. Miscellaneous papers consist of postcards addressed to Alfred's father F.F. Wiley (1894-1896), envelopes from the First National Bank of Santa Fe, a statement of condition from the Mutual...
Dates: 1821-1978 (bulk, 1908-1951)
Identifier: AC 221
Scope and Content
- Misc. newspapers and clippings.
- Misc. correspondence, typed and handwritten.
- Annual reports, diairies, account books, scrapbooks, checkbooks, checks, manuals, notebooks, map of Europe after WW I.
- Government documents (Federal and territorial).
- Deeds, property assessments.
- Various and sundry items.
Identifier: AC 136
Scope and Content The Boaz Walton Long Collection consists of private and professional correspondence, financial records, and personal papers dating almost entirely from the 1940s.
Identifier: AC 231
Scope and Content Collection consists of handwritten originals, German typescripts, and typed English translations of letters from Carl Blumner to his mother Johanna Blumner and his sister Hannchen in Prussia concerning his and his brother August's activities in Santa Fe. The letters were written between 1936-1909, and include a few attached letters by his brother August as well as a few letters by his son. Collection also includes genealogies of the Blumner familiy, and an obituary of Carl Blumner. Letters...
Identifier: AC 076
Scope and Content Collection consists of Chris Emmett's research materials, 1847-1883. Included are typescript excerpts from New Mexican newspapers (primarily from Santa Fe) and from several publications. Excerpts pertain to various New Mexico persons and events in Santa Fe and various other cities. Included is an index to the excerpts created by Emmett.
Scope and Content The collection is comprised of 6 color photographs taken in 1992 at a demonstration on the Plaza in Santa Fe, New Mexico by Edith Betts.
Scope and Content The Dorothy L. Pillsbury Papers consists of fan mail and general correspondence; article typescripts, related research, and correspondence with publishers; publications containing Pillsbury's writings, as well as clippings of published works, book reviews; and a scrapbook. The series and folders overlap, as some materials are arranged loosely by subject, some by date, and some by where/when they were published. The preponderance of material relates to New Mexico and its cultural landscape as...
Identifier: AC 414
Scope and Content Collection contains personal family correspondence, correspondence with friends, documents/certificates pertaining to her parents and herself, and manuscripts and notes of her published and unpublished creative works. Collection also contains court material (Pittman shorthand and not transcribed) from her mother who was a court stenographer at the Santa Fe District Court
Dates: 1913-1997; Majority of material found in 1940-1970
Identifier: AC 606-p
Scope and Content The collection contains four letters, three of which are written by friends and family to Edith Reeves Solenberger, about life in and visits to northern New Mexico in the 1920s and 1930s. Also included is a letter written on Hotel De Vargas (Santa Fe) stationary.
Dates: 1916-1938; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Scope and Content Collection consists of papers of E.H. Plummer. Included are correspondence, reports, clippings, photographs, a diary, and published materials. Subjects included are E.H. Plummer's military career, the Navajos, Protestant missionary activity on the Navajo Reservation, Native American education, and Santa Fe, New Mexico. Items of note are documents concerning the Welch murder on the Navajo Reservation, Bishop J. Mills Kendrick's missionary progress report (1897), Elizabeth W. Thackra's letters as...
Dates: 1888-1937 (bulk, 1888-1897)
Scope and Content Collection consists of the records of the Fifteen Club and some of its members (1891-1987). Includes minutes (1891-1983), constitution and by-laws (1891-1963), meeting programs (1891-1987), membership lists (1957-1964), and financial records (1892-1901). Also includes one bound work of the reminiscences of Nettie L. Miller, clippings, and two publications of limericks.
Scope and Content This small collection consists primarily of reminiscences of Flora Spiegelberg, including original typewritten manuscripts of brief articles and published articles. Also included is a manuscript about Flora Spiegelberg and the Spiegelberg family written in 1975. The articles by Spiegelberg primarily concern life in the Territory of New Mexico in the late 19th century. Other articles are about New York City where the Spiegelbergs lived after leaving New Mexico.
Scope and Content Collection consists of an 1846 letter about U.S. General Kearny's march into Santa Fe during the Mexican-American War; letters and photostats of clippings about Anna Getty McClure describing her life in Santa Fe and her marriage to Colonel Charles McClure, and activities at Fort Marcy; and two Civil War subject clippings associated with Major George Getty.
Identifier: AC 137
Scope and Content The Haniel Long Collection was originally acquired by the late John Bennett Shaw from Haniel Long, a personal friend of many years. John Bennett Shaw was a collector of books and memorabilia on Sherlock Holmes.
Identifier: AC 238
Scope and Content Henry F. Wetter was Secretary of the Territory 1869-1872. Mrs. Wetter accompanied him to Santa Fe and the collection consists of her letters to her family in the East. There are 14 letters totaling 77 written pages, The letters describe conditions in Santa Fe and New Mexico during the period. Also included is a speech delivered by Mr. Wetter upon his return to Pennsylvania. The 58 page manuscript describes the natural resources, people, places and customs of New Mexico. Other memorabilia is...
Identifier: AC 107
Scope and Content Collection consists of the organization's records: minutes (copies) of board and membership meetings; financial statements; correspondence and bulletins, and other documents reflecting the organization's activities. The minutes are extensive, tracing in detail the activities of the Foundation and the development of historic sites.
Identifier: AC 044
Scope and Content Collection consists of 25 journals (1861-1868) kept by John A. Clark, Surveyor of the Territory of New Mexico, a typescript of the journals, and a Confederate Army broadside from 1862. The 25 journals contain 1,943 handwritten diary pages, 48 hand drawn maps, about 50 pages, notes, expenses, lists of distances and miscellaneous sketches. Kitty Shishkin has done the typescript copy of the journals. The journals give detailed daily accounts of the writer's official and personal...
Scope and Content Collection consists of the personal papers and research materials of L. Bradford Prince. The political issues and elections series includes political cartoons and clippings, documentation on the governorship of Miguel A. Otero including the Otero-Burke-Sherman alleged public land fraud (1908), documentation on the removal of Governor Herbert Hagerman from office (1907), legislative bills (1892-1921), and clippings and notes pertaining to several New Mexico political elections. The contemporary...
Identifier: AC 019-P
Scope and Content Correspondence between Lew H. and Sallie T. Blake and letters received from their relatives and friends, dated between 1901 and 1926.
Identifier: AC 067
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of a journal kept by Mary C. Douglass of Massachussetts on a train trip to Santa Fe to visit her uncle Colonel Henry Douglass and his family. Her journal describes her visit to Santa Fe from January 12 to March 5 1889, including military activities at Ft. Marcy and social life in Santa Fe. From Santa Fe she traveled to San Diego and San Francisco with journal entries describing the social life in both cities. Collection also includes a 1889 roster of the United...
Identifier: AC 174
Scope and Contents
- Papers include the organization's correspondence and financial records.
- The association's records also include publications, picture postcards, periodicals, newspaper clippings, and association publications.
Identifier: AC 491
Scope and Content Collection contains personal notes pertaining to Santa Fe Fiesta, and newspaper clippings (loose and scrapbook).
Identifier: AC 573
Scope and Content Collection contains papers marking major professional and civic events in the life of Paul A. F. Walter.
Dates: 1937-1966; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Identifier: AC 103
Scope and Content Assorted correspondence, some typed, but mostly handwritten, dating from 1920s to mid 1950s with a few pieces dated later.
Identifier: AC 057
Scope and Content This collection consists of Randall Davey's papers as well as those of his wife, Isabel, her sister, Kate H. Cullum, their siblings and their parents, John Caldwell Holt and Kate Gilbert Holt.
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 26
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 4
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 4
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 18
- Clippings 7
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- History 7
- Diaries 5
- Minutes (Records) 5
- Santa Fe (N.M.)--Social life and customs 5
- Genealogy 4
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 4
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Commerce 4
- Festivals -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 3
- Financial records 3
- Fort Marcy (N.M.) 3
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 3
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 3
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 3
- Poems 3
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Description and travel 3
- Santa Fe (N.M.) --Social life and customs 3
- Addresses 2
- By-laws 2
- Certificates 2
- City planning -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 2
- Family papers 2
- Historic preservation -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 2
- Membership lists 2
- Merchants -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 2
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 2
- Nonprofit organizations --New Mexico--Santa Fe 2
- Parades -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 2
- Programs 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Social life and customs -- 19th century 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Social life and customs. 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.)--History 2
- Santa Fe Trail 2
- Wills 2
- Address books 1
- Ambassadors--United States 1
- America -- Early accounts to 1600 1
- America -- Exploration and discovery -- Spanish 1
- America--Discovery and exploration 1
- Apache Indians -- Government relations. 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Arizona -- Social life and customs 1
- Arizona--Description and travel 1
- Arizona--History -- To 1912 1
- Artists -- New Mexico 1
- Artists --New Mexico--Biography 1
- Barrio de Analco (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Berkeley (Calif.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Black-and-white photographs 1
- Bosque del Apache Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Bridges -- Contracts 1
- Broadsides 1
- Canada (N.M.) -- History 1
- Canada de Cochiti Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Celebrities --New Mexico 1
- Chimayo (N.M.) -- History 1
- City councils -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Corpus Christi Festival -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Cowboys --Poetry 1
- Criminals -- New Mexico 1
- Culture and tourism -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Curry House (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Demonstrations--New Mexico--Santa Fe--Pictorial works 1
- Earthquakes -- California -- San Francisco 1
- Education --New Mexico 1
- Ephemera 1
- Europe--Description and travel 1
- Excerpts 1
- Exhibition catalogs 1
- Explorers -- Spain -- Biography 1
- Festivals--New Mexico--Santa Fe 1
- Fires -- California -- San Francisco 1
- Folk music -- Mexico 1
- Folk songs, Spanish -- New Mexico 1
- Folk songs, Spanish --Colorado 1
- Fort Defiance (Ariz.) 1
- Fraud --New Mexico 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- New Mexico 1
- German Americans--New Mexico--History. 1
- German-Americans -- New Mexico -- History 1
- Glorieta Pass (N.M.), Battle of, 1862 1
- Governors --New Mexico 1
- Governors--New Mexico 1
- Grocery trade -- New Mexico--Santa Fe 1
- Hispanic Americans -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Historic districts --New Mexico--Santa Fe 1
- Historic preservation --New Mexico--Santa Fe 1
- Historic sites --Law and legislation--New Mexico--Santa Fe 1
- Hopi Indians -- Missions 1
- Indian agents -- New Mexico 1
- Indian reservations -- New Mexico -- Southern Apache Agency 1
- Indians of North America - New Mexico - Literary collections 1
- Indians of North America -- Education 1
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico -- Folklore 1
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 1
- Indians of North America -- Pictorial works 1
- Indians of North America -- Southwestern States 1 ∧ less
- English 30
- Undetermined 26
- German 1
- Historical Society of New Mexico 2
- School of American Research (Santa Fe, N.M.) 2
- Austin, Mary, 1868-1934 1
- Fall, Albert B. (Albert Bacon), 1861-1944 1
- First National Bank of Santa Fe 1