E.H. Plummer Papers,
Scope and Content
Collection consists of papers of E.H. Plummer. Included are correspondence, reports, clippings, photographs, a diary, and published materials. Subjects included are E.H. Plummer's military career, the Navajos, Protestant missionary activity on the Navajo Reservation, Native American education, and Santa Fe, New Mexico. Items of note are documents concerning the Welch murder on the Navajo Reservation, Bishop J. Mills Kendrick's missionary progress report (1897), Elizabeth W. Thackra's letters as medical missionary, Mary E. Eldridge's correspondence concerning conditions on the Navajo Reservation, and the Moqui Mission Messenger published by the Baptist Hopi Mission (1894). Also included are a Washington Matthews publication, and photographs of Fort Defiance and a Navajo woman.
- 1888-1937 (bulk, 1888-1897)
Language of Materials
Limited duplication allowed for research purposes. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
E.H. Plummer served as a Lieutenant in the United States Army, and as a Navajo Indian Agent. He was later promoted to Brigadier General.
.5 Linear Feet
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives
- Archives and Historical Services Division
- 1205 Camino Carlos Rey
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505
- Phone: 505-476-7908
- Fax: 505-476-7909
- Email: email@example.com
- URL: http://www.state.nm.us/cpr/ahsd_top.htm
- Inventory of the E.H. Plummer Papers, 1888-1937 (bulk, 1888-1897)
- Edited Full Draft
- Processed by Staff
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//New Mexico State Records Center and Archives//TEXT (US::Nm-Ar::1965-001::E.H. Plummer Papers)//EN" "nmar1965-001.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.