Showing Collections: 1 - 23 of 23
Identifier: AC 065
Scope and Content Supported by photographs now in Photo Archives, History Bureau, Museum of New Mexico, this collection (hereafter cited as the La Fonda Hotel Collection) consists of a body of manuscript materials relation to efforts by the Atchinson, Topeka and Santa Fe Railroad and the Fred Harvey group to sponsor a Southwestern Indian Exhibit at "A Century of Progress, International Exposition; Chicago, 1933" -- more commonly known as the 1933 Chicago World's Fair. Arrangement: By subject matter...
Identifier: AC 087
Scope and Content This collection consists of records from the School of American Archaeology in Santa Fe. Includes minutes, announcements, pamphlets, clippings, reports, official correspondence, and financial documents. Much of the correspondence involves officials at the School of American Archaeology and its parent institution the Archaeological Institute of America, including Edgar Hewett, Charles Lummis, Francis Kelsey, and Charles Bowditch, as well as scholars such as Jesse Fewkes.
Identifier: AC 007
Scope and Content The Association's papers consist of the records of Santa Fe preservationists who unsuccessfully attempted in 1948-49 to save the so-called "Lamy House" and the "Old Santa Fe Trading Post" on Cathedral Place from destruction by the A.T. & S.F. Railroad for expansion of their La Fonda Hotel.
Identifier: AC 015
Scope and Content Collection consists of materials concerning the Battle of Glorieta Pass, fought between Union and Confederate troops in northern New Mexico on March 28, 1862. This battle was the deciding Civil War conflict in New Mexico. Most of the collection relates to the 1987 discovery of a mass grave containing the remains of 31 Confederate soldiers of the 4th, 5th, and 7th Texas Mounted Volunteers from the Battle of Glorieta Pass. Includes photocopies of newspaper clippings on the discovery and the...
Abstract This collection contains material produced or collected by Christine Sierra. A UNM faculty member from 1986 till 2014, Professor Christine Sierra’s expertise is in American Politics with a focus on Latino/a politics, and women in politics. Much of her scholarship analyzed community organization's work on immigration, education, and other forms of activism. The material in this collection reflects the extensive research conducted by Christine Sierra.
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of materials on churches and watersheds in northern New Mexico. Includes correspondence, minutes, reports and clippings on the restoration of the San Jose de la Gracia Church in Las Trampas; reports and notes on Valle Grande Church in Villanueva; and reports on tree-ring dating the Santa Cruz Church in Santa Cruz and two houses in Santa Fe. Also within the collection are reports and correspondence concerning the Rio Penasco Watershed, an article about the Rio...
Abstract The VT Fuze is the variable timing fuse developed during World War II and is one of the most significant technological advancements in twentieth-century weaponry. This collection consists of reports, clippings, a DVD containing three videos, and an oral history detailing the testing of the VT Fuze.
Dates: 1944-1998; Majority of material found within 1944-1945
Identifier: AC 167
Scope and Content Correspondence and letters to and from the governor's office during the year 1952. He served as governor during the years 1951-1954.
The collection is inventoried largely in alphabetical order by sender. The Governor is identified as "ELM."
The collection is inventoried largely in alphabetical order by sender. The Governor is identified as "ELM."
Abstract The University of New Mexico's Electrical and Computer Engineering Department was founded in 1906. Throughout the years, the department has grown and inculdes research labs for such things as robotics, hearing aid research and artificial intelligence, as well as the Centennial Science and Engineering library. The bulk of the collection includes meetings and reports from the 1980s, and many photogrphs from the 1960s.
Dates: 1954 - 1989; Majority of material found within 1980 - 1989
Abstract The collection deals with the career of Elmer Martinez and his various activities to teach about the Hispanic heritage of New Mexico and the Southwest. It includes correspondence, articles, photographs, maps and posters. Among them are his papers about the Spanish Village at the State Fair, the Colonial Infantry of Albuquerque color guard unit, the Spanish History Museum, a run for New Mexico State Representative, and his views and commentaries. It also contains material from others, including...
Identifier: AC 075
Scope and Content The Bruce T. Ellis Collection consists of various original and photostatic copies of the Spanish, Mexican and American period of New Mexico's history. Ellis, a former employee of the Museum of New Mexico's History Bureau, collected and saved many of these diverse documents from destruction. The collection is arranged topically and then chronologically.
Abstract The collection focuses on environmental and social justice issues in Northern New Mexico.
Scope and Content Note The bulk of the collection materials are from 1973-1976 when Rupert Trujillo was chair of the Task Force. The materials focus on activities of the Task Force, particularly on conferences and workshops held during that time. There are several files related to bilingual-bicultural education, both in creating training programs and trying to get legislation passed. The collection also contains several reports of activities from around the country.
Scope and Content As of 1997 collection consists of records of the New Mexico Adjutant General, National Guard, and Office of Military Affairs (1847-1988). Includes administrative correspondence, field reports, general and special orders, ledger books, enlistment and discharge documents, casualty records, photographs, clippings, muster rolls from New Mexico volunteer militias and National Guard (1847-1917), and annual reports for various years between 1875 and 1962. Much of the material concerns the involvement...
Scope and Content Collection consists of records of the New Mexico American Revolution Bicentennial Commission (1969-1977). Includes annual and other reports, administrative correspondence, promotional documents, clippings, audio tapes, and video tapes. Much of the material concerns local projects and events throughout New Mexico, including documents on federal and state funding for these activities.
Scope and Content As of 1997 collection consists of records of the New Mexico Department of Education, State Board of Education, State Superintendent of Public Instruction, and their predecessors the Territorial Board of Education, Territorial Superintendent of Schools,and Superintendent of Public Instruction (1847-1988).Includes annual and other reports, minutes, administrative correspondence, directories, certificates, legal documents, laws, rules, one scrapbook of clippings (1905-1908), and one letterpress...
Scope and Content Collection consists of the records of the New Mexico Legislative Energy Committee (1975-1977). Includes minutes, administrative records, subject files, desk files of Chairman John J. Mershon, and three scrapbooks and unmounted newspaper clippings on energy subjects. Administrative records include correspondence, briefs, budgets, press releases, and reports to the Legislature. Subject files contain reports from state, interstate, and federal agencies.
Scope and Content As of 2000 collection consists of the records and research materials of the New Mexico Office of Indian Affairs (1936-1995). Records include correspondence, reports, audits, personnel records, publications and other administrative records. Research materials include clippings and documents pertaining to Indians of New Mexico and various state, regional, and national Indian organizations including the All Indian Pueblo Council. Also included are materials pertaining to federal legislation...
Scope and Content As of 1997 collection consists of records of the New Mexico State Land Office (including the Commissioner of Public Lands) and its predecessors the Board of Public Lands and the Territorial Public Land Office (1899-1991). Includes various reports, administrative correspondence, minutes, oil and gas leases, publications, clippings, and ledger books. Much of the material concerns mining, grazing, and logging in New Mexico.
Identifier: AC 226
Scope and Content The Ralph Emerson Twitchell Collection's first part consists of the papers of Ralph Emerson Twitchell (11-29-1859 to 10-26-1925), the attorney, public office holder and historian; Margaret Olivia Collins Twitchell (born circa 1868 to 1-29-1900), the first Mrs. Twitchell; Estelle Bennett Burton Twitchell (1-31-1872 to 10-13-1952), the second Mrs. Twitchell; and Waldo Collins Twitchell, the son of Margaret and Ralph who became an engineer and a writer. The second part of the Ralph...
Identifier: AC 237
Scope and Content The collection consists of letters, booklets, bank statements receipts, etc, for the period of 1912-1914. Collection includes letters from I.H. Rapp and others involved in historic preservation and and the preservation movement in general.
Identifier: AC 219
Scope and Content Collection consists of materials relating to the Taos Society of Artists and its members. Includes the constitution, by-laws, minutes, and reports of the Society; promotional materials and programs from various art exhibits; and materials concerning the Museum of New Mexico, which worked closely with the Society. This collection also contains a significant amount of correspondence involving members and associates of the Society, including Oscar Berninghaus, E. Irving Couse, Gerald Cassidy, Bert...
Abstract The collection includes documents about the beginning of the Technology Application Center at UNM which eventually became the Earth Data Analysis Center. The collection consists of clippings, publicity and informational literature, reports, TAC newsletters, and some photographs of early TAC events.
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 9
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 7
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 7
- Clippings 22
- Reports 20
- Minutes (Records) 8
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 8
- Administrative agencies -- New Mexico 7
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1951- 6
- Publications 6
- State government records 6
- Annual reports 5
- Financial records 5
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 5
- Scrapbooks 5
- Photographs 4
- Administrative reports 3
- Correspondence 3
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 3
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 3
- Account books 2
- Manuscripts 2
- Map 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government 2
- Newspaper clippings 2
- Oral histories 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- History 2
- Territorial records 2
- Administrative agencies -- United States 1
- Airports -- Finance -- United States 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History 1
- American Revolution Bicentennial, 1776-1976 -- New Mexico 1
- Archaeology -- New Mexico 1
- Archaeology -- United States 1
- Armories --New Mexico 1
- Art -- New Mexico -- Taos 1
- Articles 1
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Taos 1
- Audiocassettes 1
- Authors, American -- New Mexico 1
- Black-and-white photographs 1
- Broadsides 1
- Budgets 1
- By-laws 1
- Cathedral Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Cathedrals--New Mexico--Santa Fe 1
- Certificates 1
- Church buildings -- New Mexico 1
- City planning -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Civic improvement -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Coal gasification--New Mexico 1
- College students -- New Mexico 1
- College students -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Constitutions 1
- Dendrochronology -- New Mexico -- Santa Cruz 1
- Dendrochronology -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Directories 1
- Discharges 1
- Documentary films 1
- Education -- Societies, etc. 1
- Education --New Mexico 1
- Education, Bilingual 1
- Education, Bilingual --New Mexico 1
- Energy conservation--New Mexico 1
- Energy industries--New Mexico 1
- Energy policy--New Mexico 1
- Environmental justice -- New Mexico 1
- Exhibition catalogs 1
- Exhibitions -- Illinois -- Chicago 1
- Exhibitions -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Extradition -- New Mexico 1
- Family histories 1
- Festivals -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Firestone, Harvey S., 1868-1938 1
- Forest management -- New Mexico -- Carson National Forest 1
- Forest management--Social aspects--Southwest, New 1
- Fort Marcy (N.M.) -- History 1
- Fortification --New Mexico 1
- Fossil fuels--New Mexico 1
- GIS -- History 1
- Genealogy 1
- Geothermal resources--New Mexico 1
- Glorieta Pass (N.M.), Battle of, 1862 1
- Governors -- New Mexico 1
- Grant proposals 1
- Hispanic Americans - New Mexico - History 1
- Hispanic Americans--Research 1
- Historians -- New Mexico 1
- Historic buildings -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Historic preservation -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Historic structures reports 1
- Indians of North America -- Education -- New Mexico 1
- Indians of North America -- Law & legislation 1
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico 1
- Indians of North America -- Southwest, New -- Exhibitions 1
- Indians of North America --New Mexico--Wars 1
- Indians of North America Societies, etc. 1
- Irrigation and canals and flumes New Mexico 1
- Jicarita 1
- Jicarita News 1
- Kirtland Air Force Base (N.M.) 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 1
- Land grants- New Mexico. 1 ∧ less
- Undetermined 16
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 2
- Hewett, Edgar L. (Edgar Lee), 1865-1946 2
- School of American Research (Santa Fe, N.M.) 2
- All Indian Pueblo Council 1
- Baumann, Gustave, 1881-1971 1
- Berninghaus, Oscar E. (Oscar Edmund), 1874-1952 1
- Blumenschein, E. L. (Ernest Leonard), 1874-1960 1
- Cassidy, Gerald, 1869-1934 1
- Fletcher, Alice C. (Alice Cunningham), 1838-1923 1
- Fred Harvey (Firm) 1
- Historical Society of New Mexico 1
- La Fonda (Hotel : Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 1
- Matthews, Kay 1
- Mechem, E. L. (Edwin Leard), 1912-2002 1
- Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund 1
- National Indian Youth Council 1
- New Mexico. Department of Education 1
- Prince, L. Bradford (Le Baron Bradford), 1840-1922 1
- Renehan, Alois B., 1869-1928 1
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919 1
- School of American Archaeology (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Sierra, Christine Marie 1
- SouthWest Organizing Project 1
- Stewart, Dorothy N. (Dorothy Newkirk), 1891-1955 1
- Taos Society of Artists 1
- University of New Mexico 1
- Walter, Paul A. F. 1
- Workman, E. J. (Everly John), 1899- 1 ∧ less