New Mexico State Land Office Records,
Scope and Content
As of 1997 collection consists of records of the New Mexico State Land Office (including the Commissioner of Public Lands) and its predecessors the Board of Public Lands and the Territorial Public Land Office (1899-1991). Includes various reports, administrative correspondence, minutes, oil and gas leases, publications, clippings, and ledger books. Much of the material concerns mining, grazing, and logging in New Mexico.
Language of Materials
Limited duplication allowed for research purposes. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
The Board of Public Lands was established by a legislative act in 1899 (1899 Laws of N.M., Chp. 74, Sec. 1) and abolished by a legislative act in 1905 (1905 laws of N.M., Chp. 111, Sec. 53). The same 1905 legislative act established the Territorial Public Land Office (1905 Laws of N.M., Chp. 111, Sec. 1). The Territorial Public Land Office was abolished by a legislative act in 1912 (1912 Laws of N.M., Chp. 82, Sec. 79). The same 1912 legislative act established the State Land Office (1912 Laws of N.M., Chp. 82, Sec. 1). The State Land Office and its director, the Commissioner of Public Lands, are responsible for managing all of the surface land and mineral rights owned by the State of New Mexico. These responsibilities include the administration and leasing of oil, gas, and mineral deposits.
15 Linear Feet
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives
- Archives and Historical Services Division
- 1205 Camino Carlos Rey
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505
- Phone: 505-476-7908
- Fax: 505-476-7909
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- URL: http://www.state.nm.us/cpr/ahsd_top.htm
- Account books
- Administrative agencies -- New Mexico
- Annual reports
- Land use --New Mexico
- Logging --New Mexico
- Mines and mineral resources --New Mexico
- Minutes (Records)
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848-
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1951-
- Oil and gas leases --New Mexico
- Pasture, Right of --New Mexico
- Public lands --New Mexico
- State government records
- Territorial records
- Inventory of the New Mexico State Land Office Records, 1899-[ongoing]
- Edited Full Draft
- Processed by staff
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//New Mexico State Records Center and Archives//TEXT (US::Nm-Ar::1973-046::New Mexico State Land Office Records)//EN" "nmar1973-046.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.