Association for Preservation of the Old Lamy House Collection
Identifier: AC 007
Scope and Content
The Association's papers consist of the records of Santa Fe preservationists who unsuccessfully attempted in 1948-49 to save the so-called "Lamy House" and the "Old Santa Fe Trading Post" on Cathedral Place from destruction by the A.T. & S.F. Railroad for expansion of their La Fonda Hotel.
Language of Materials
Duplication allowed for research purposes. User responsible for all copyright compliance.
The Association for Preservation of the Old Lamy House was created to prevent the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Co. from destroying the Old Lamy House, (owned by Don Pedro Bautista Pino), and the Old Santa Fe Trading Post, (the home of James and Shelly Magoffin in the 19th century) in order to expand La Fonda Hotel which was owned by the railroad.
.25 Linear Feet
- Fray AngÃ©lico ChÃ¡vez History Library
- The Palace of the Governors
- P.O. Box 2087
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504-2087, U.S.A.
- Phone: (+)505.476.5090
- Fax: (+)505.476.5093
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- URL: www.palaceofthegovernors.org
- Guide to the Association for Preservation of the Old Lamy House Collection, 1948-1949
- Edited Full Draft
- Processed by Library Staff
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//Museum of New Mexico::Fray Angelico Chavez History Library//TEXT (US::NmSM::AC 007::Association for Preservation of the Old Lamy House Collection)//EN" "nmsm1ac007.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.