David J. Jones Collection,
Scope and Content
Collection consists primarily of materials on churches and watersheds in northern New Mexico. Includes correspondence, minutes, reports and clippings on the restoration of the San Jose de la Gracia Church in Las Trampas; reports and notes on Valle Grande Church in Villanueva; and reports on tree-ring dating the Santa Cruz Church in Santa Cruz and two houses in Santa Fe. Also within the collection are reports and correspondence concerning the Rio Penasco Watershed, an article about the Rio Puerco Watershed, and materials on the history of Las Trampas, including genealogical information on some local families.
Language of Materials
Limited duplication allowed for research purposes. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
3 Linear Feet
Photographs received with the collection are housed and cataloged separately.
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives
- Archives and Historical Services Division
- 1205 Camino Carlos Rey
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505
- Phone: 505-476-7908
- Fax: 505-476-7909
- Email: email@example.com
- URL: http://www.state.nm.us/cpr/ahsd_top.htm
- Church buildings -- New Mexico
- Dendrochronology -- New Mexico -- Santa Cruz
- Dendrochronology -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe
- Minutes (Records)
- Rio Penasco Watershed (N.M.)
- Rio Puerco Watershed (Rio Arriba County-Socorro County, N.M.)
- Santa Cruz (N.M.) -- History
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- History
- Trampas (N.M.) -- History
- Villanueva (N.M.) -- History
- Watersheds -- New Mexico
- Inventory of the David J. Jones Collection, 1916-1980
- Edited Full Draft
- Processed by Rochelle Lineberry
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//New Mexico State Records Center and Archives//TEXT (US::Nm-Ar::1987-063::David J. Jones Collection)//EN" "nmar1987-063.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.