Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 20
Arthur Seligman Scrapbooks,
Identifier: AC 166
Scope and Content Collection consists of the scrapbooks of New Mexico Governor Arthur Seligman, 1930-1933. Clippings represent newspapers throughout New Mexico and reflect the activities of Seligman as governor. Subjects include; politics, pardons, education, official appointments, veterans, the economy, the National Recovery Administration, and other related topics. The collection is rich in clippings pertaining to the National Miners' Union Strike of 1933 in Gallup, New Mexico.
Benjamin Morris Thomas Collection
Identifier: AC 221
Scope and Content
- Misc. newspapers and clippings.
- Misc. correspondence, typed and handwritten.
- Annual reports, diairies, account books, scrapbooks, checkbooks, checks, manuals, notebooks, map of Europe after WW I.
- Government documents (Federal and territorial).
- Deeds, property assessments.
- Various and sundry items.
Carruth's Catalogue And Price List of Blank Books, Records, and Blanks,
Identifier: AC 033-P
Scope and Content One 1890 catalog for blank record-keeping books from J.A. Carruth, a printer in Las Vegas, New Mexico. In addition to describing Carruth's goods, the catalog also contains the results of various elections in New Mexico. Includes results from the 1884, 1886, and 1888 elections for congressional delegate by county; and the 1888 election of county officials. A listing of New Mexico's territorial and county officials for 1889 is also in the catalog.
Daniel H. McMillan Papers
Identifier: AC 562-p
Scope and Content Letters and newspaper clippings about the life and times of Daniel H. McMillan.
Frank Springer Collection,
Identifier: AC 215
Scope and Content Documents contain: originals and copies of legislation to create the war memorial and its administrative branch, the Board of Historical Services, and to appropriate funds to build a new arsenal and armory. Addresses and a paper concerning World War I, that were delivered at various commencements, dedications, and memorials, are included (1917- 1919). Clippings from primarily New Mexico newspapers discuss Springer's activities as lawyer for the Maxwell Land Grant Company; Theodore Roosevelt and...
George Fitzpatrick Collection,
Identifier: AC 086
Scope and Content Assorted papers including correspondence, memoranda, misc. documents and notes. Draft manuscripts on various New Mexico personalities and subjects. Eleven donated books integrated into museum collection. Articles and clippings were integrated into the libray's verticle files.
George W. Prichard Scrapbooks,
Identifier: AC 184
Scope and Content Two scrapbooks consisting primarily of undated newspaper clippings covering many topics, including New Mexico politics, Republican Party activities, poetry, family activities, and speeches given by Prichard. There are also several handwritten notes, and some of the newspaper clippings concern the removal of Prichard as U.S. Attorney in Las Vegas.
Guadalupe County Documents
Identifier: AC 631-s
Scope and Content Collection consists of three certificates (all in poor condition): Item 1: Board of Pharmacy Certificate of Registration in the State of Texas for J.C. Thomas, dated August 20, 1890; Item 2: Certificate of Election (in Spanish) attesting that J.C. Thomas was elected County Commissioner of Guadalupe County, dated November 10, 1902; Item 3: Certificate appointing J.C. Thomas as County Commissioner of the Second District, Leonard Wood County [Guadalupe County] for the Territory of New Mexico,...
Harry H. Dorman Scrapbook,
Identifier: AC 064-S
Scope and Content Collection consist of the scrapbook of Harry H. Dorman, 1907-1912. The bulk of the clippings are from the New Mexican and the Eagle, a weekly publication for all of Santa Fe County. Subjects discussed are: politics, statehood, official appointments, tourism, development, Elephant Butte Dam, the Phelps-Dodge company indictment for land fraud, Judge Robert W. Archibald's impeachment from the United States Court of Commerce, and...
John J. Dempsey Scrapbooks,
Identifier: AC 060-S
Scope and Content These scrapbooks of clippings, primarily from New Mexican newspapers, cover the years of John Joseph Dempsey's political career from his first campaign for the U.S. Senate (1940) and his appointment as Under-Secretary of the Interior that same year, through his two terms as Governor of New Mexico (1942-1946). In all, there are 14 scrapbooks with a folder containing a few clippings from 1948. The first scrapbook (1940-1941) consists of clippings concerned only with his Senatorial...
Judge David Chavez Jr. Papers,
Identifier: AC 041-P
Scope and Content Collection consists of the papers of David Chavez Jr., 1890-1960. Included are: political correspondence, 1926-1955; land records for land in Santa Fe, New Mexico owned by Benjamin M. Read and his heirs, 1890-1931; and a copy of a final decree, heard in Santa Fe, New Mexico, concerning the ownership of a parcel of land on Cerrillos Road, 1960. Political correspondence pertains to various subjects including an allegation of bribery brought against Bronson M. Cutting. Land records for the Read...
L. Bradford Prince Papers,
Identifier: AC 185
Scope and Content Collection consists of the private papers of L. Bradford Prince, 1862-1910.
New Mexico Constitution Collection,
Identifier: AC 160
Scope and Content Collection consists of constitutional material pertaining to New Mexico's attempts to gain statehood.
New Mexico Government and Military Documents,
Identifier: AC 165-p
Scope and Content Collection consists of a broad range of documents concerning government and military activities in New Mexico. Includes an 1861 order issued by Adjutant General Charles P. Clever for the formation of a New Mexico Militia; an 1881 report issued by the territorial government on the economic and geographic features of Socorro County; and a 1911 certificate of election for William C. MacDonald as Governor of the Territory of New Mexico. The collection contains one photocopy of an 1848 proclamation...
Notes and Memoranda concerning the Legal, Literary and Scientific Activities of Frank Springer,
Identifier: AC 290
Scope and Content Collection contains notes and memoranda concerning the legal, literary, and scientific activities of Frank Springer compiled by Ralph E. Twitchell. Most of the information consists of printed material, reprints of articles, newspaper clippings, and typewritten letters, etc., published elsewhere. Volume 1 contains the most extensive collection with a brief introduction by Twitchell. Volumes 2, 3, and 4 contain mostly replicates of material found in the first volume.
R. J. Cheska Papers
Identifier: AC 566-p
Scope and Content Collection contains the correspondence of Richard (Bob) J. Cheska of Albuquerque pertaining to his political activities in 1924 for the La Follette-Wheeler National Progressive Committee and Robert La Follette's run for U.S. President. Also included are letters of introduction of Bob Cheska in support of the Democratic Party by New Mexico state, county, and local officals during the 1936 presidential election.
Dates: 1924; 1936
Richard C. Dillon Collection
Identifier: AC 601
Scope and Content Collection contains material related to his political activities, and personal correspondence with his children. There is a small amount of school-related material from his daughter, Florence, who was a teacher.
Dates: 1906-1970; Majority of material found in 1920s-1940s
Richard C. Dillon Papers,
Identifier: AC 063
Scope and Content Collection consists of the correspondence and miscellaneous materials of Richard C. Dillon, 1927-1935. The bulk of the collection consists of Dillon's official correspondence as Governor of New Mexico, 1927-1930. Subjects discussed are appointments, Republican State politics and various other political issues. Some of these issues are: Bronson M. Cutting's re-election as U.S. Senator, 1934; the political influence of the Ku Klux Klan; David L. Geyer's proposed Homestead Law; W.C. Davidson's and...
Vincent Z. C. de Baca Collection,
Identifier: AC 029
Scope and Content Mexican and Territorial records spanning ca. 1810-1890. Later records and family memorabilia and correspondence. Collection consists of the family papers of the C de Baca, Rudolph, and Sanchez families of Mora County, New Mexico (1875-1949), Mora County documents (1809-1935), and miscellaneous papers. Bulk of the collection covers the years, 1809-1935. Mora County documents consist of: records for land grants, conveyances, and deeds (1809-67); unofficial bound volumes of...
Dates: 1809-1983 (bulk, 1809-1935)
William G. Ritch Collection
Identifier: AC 403
Scope and Content The collection consists of William G. Ritch's personal correspondence, correspondence while serving as Secretary of the New Mexico Territory, financial and legal records of the Ritch family, the Ritch Cattle Company records, research notes on various topic, and land dealings with the Bureau of Land Management.
- Clippings 5
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 5
- Scrapbooks 5
- Governors -- New Mexico 4
- Correspondence 3
- Certificates 2
- Elections -- New Mexico 2
- Eulogies 2
- Family papers 2
- Genealogy 2
- Letters 2
- Maxwell Land Grant (N.M. and Colo.) 2
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 2
- Photographs 2
- Statehood (American politics) 2
- Abstracts 1
- Addresses 1
- Administrative agencies -- New Mexico 1
- Apache Indians -- Government relations. 1
- Articles 1
- Business cards 1
- Constitutional courts -- New Mexico 1
- Constitutions 1
- Contact sheets 1
- Conveyances 1
- Crinoidea, Fossil 1
- Decrees 1
- Deeds 1
- Diaries 1
- Education -- New Mexico 1
- Education--New Mexico 1
- Elections -- New Mexico -- History. 1
- Elephant Butte Dam (N.M.) 1
- Europe--Description and travel 1
- Excavations (Archaeology) -- New Mexico 1
- Financial records 1
- Fraud -- New Mexico 1
- Governors -- New Mexico. 1
- Grazing - New Mexico - Hitory 20th century 1
- Guadalupe County (N.M.) 1
- Holloman Air Force Base (N.M.) -- History 1
- Homestead law -- New Mexico 1
- Indian agents -- New Mexico 1
- Indian reservations -- New Mexico -- Southern Apache Agency 1
- Judges--New Mexico 1
- Land grants -- New Mexico -- Mora County 1
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico -- Mora County 1
- Las Vegas (N.M.) -- History 1
- Lawyers -- New Mexico 1
- Lawyers -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Legislators -- United States 1
- Manuscripts 1
- Membership lists 1
- Merchants -- New Mexico -- Las Vegas 1
- Midwives -- New Mexico -- Mora County 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- New Mexico 1
- Minutes (Records) 1
- Mora County (N.M.) -- History 1
- New Mexico -- Boundaries -- Texas 1
- New Mexico -- Commerce 1
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 1
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848-1950 1
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 1
- New Mexico -- History, Military 1
- New Mexico -- Militia 1
- New Mexico -- Superintendent of Public Instruction 1
- New Mexico. Secretary of the Terrritory 1
- Newspapers 1
- Non-profit organizations -- New Mexico 1
- Outlaws -- New Mexico 1
- Paleontologists -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Paleontology - New Mexico 1
- Pamphlets 1
- Pardon--New Mexico 1
- Parks -- New Mexico. 1
- Pharamacists -- Certification -- Texas 1
- Political campaigns -- New Mexico -- History 1
- Political campaigns -- United States -- History 1
- Proclamations 1
- Programs 1
- Progressivism (United States politics) 1
- Proving grounds - New Mexico 1
- Public schools -- New Mexico -- History 1
- Pueblo Indians -- Government relations 1
- Ranching - New Mexico - History 20th century 1
- Real property--New Mexico--Santa Fe 1
- Receipts (Acknowledgments) 1
- Reports 1
- Republican Party (New Mexico) 1
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Commerce 1
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- History 1
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Sheep -- New Mexico. 1
- Socorro (N.M.) -- Economic conditions 1
- Socorro (N.M.) -- History 1
- Stock certificates 1
- Strikes and lockouts -- Coal mining -- New Mexico -- Gallup 1
- Tax exemptions -- New Mexico 1
- Teachers -- New Mexico -- History 1 ∧ less
- English 19
- Undetermined 16
- Cutting, Bronson M., 1888-1935 2
- Dillon, Richard Charles, 1877-1966 2
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 1
- Clever, Charles P., 1830-1874 1
- Dorman, H.H. (Henry Howard), 1872-1960 1
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 1
- Hewett, Edgar L. (Edgar Lee), 1865-1946 1
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 1
- New Mexico Magazine 1
- New Mexico. Legislature 1
- Nusbaum, Jesse L. (Jesse Logan), 1887-1975 1
- Phelps Dodge Corporation 1
- Prince, L. Bradford (Le Baron Bradford), 1840-1922 1
- Thomas, B. M. (Benjamin Morris), 1843-1892 1
- Tingley, Clyde 1
- United States. Army. Volunteer Cavalry, 1st 1 ∧ less