Richard C. Dillon Papers,
Identifier: AC 063
Scope and Content
Collection consists of the correspondence and miscellaneous materials of Richard C. Dillon, 1927-1935. The bulk of the collection consists of Dillon's official correspondence as Governor of New Mexico, 1927-1930. Subjects discussed are appointments, Republican State politics and various other political issues. Some of these issues are: Bronson M. Cutting's re-election as U.S. Senator, 1934; the political influence of the Ku Klux Klan; David L. Geyer's proposed Homestead Law; W.C. Davidson's and Charles Springer's controversial appointments to the New Mexico Highway Dept.; and the alleged inappropriate spending of state funds by Isabel L. Eckles, New Mexico Superintendent of Public Instruction. Miscellaneous materials include business cards, clippings, addresses, and a small notepad of genealogical information.
Language of Materials
Duplication allowed for research purposes. User responsible for all copyright compliance.
Richard C. Dillon was born in St. Louis, Missouri in 1877. He became a resident of New Mexico in 1889, and served as a Republican State Senator (1924) and as the Governor of the State of New Mexico (1927-1930).
.5 Linear Feet
- Fray AngÃ©lico ChÃ¡vez History Library
- The Palace of the Governors
- P.O. Box 2087
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504-2087, U.S.A.
- Phone: (+)505.476.5090
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- URL: www.palaceofthegovernors.org
- Business cards
- Cutting, Bronson M., 1888-1935
- Dillon, Richard Charles, 1877-1966
- Governors -- New Mexico
- Homestead law -- New Mexico
- Legislators -- United States
- Mines and mineral resources -- New Mexico
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950
- Guide to the Richard C. Dillon Papers, 1927-1935
- Edited Full Draft
- Processed by Library Staff
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//Museum of New Mexico::Fray Angelico Chavez History Library//TEXT (US::NmSM::AC 063::Richard C. Dillon Papers)//EN" "nmsm1ac063.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.