Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 29
Abstract This collection is comprised of eight documents regarding land sales or conveyances and one account of a miracle that occurred in 1839. The land documents are related to the Albuquerque, New Mexico area.
Identifier: MSS -628 -BC
Scope and Content This collection contains newspaper clippings, magazine articles, pamphlets, flyers, press releases, and broadsides relating to Alianza Federal de las Mercedes, Alianza Federal de Pueblos Libres, Reies Lopez Tijerina, the Treaty of Guadalupe-Hidalgo, land grants, education, employment, and discrimination. The Alianza constitution is also included in the collection. An oversized folder contains broadsides, reprints and a map. This collection is composed of materials that were formerly housed in...
Dates: 1963-1997 (bulk 1967-1979)
Identifier: AC 142-P
Scope and Content Letter from Arthur MacArthur, Fort Seldon, New Mexico, to Dr. Agnew dated January 21, 1885. Letter discusses Anglo American encroachment on Indian lands.
English Translations/Transcriptions of the Carnegie Public Library (Las Vegas, N.M.) Oral History Project with Spanish Speaking Old Timers
Abstract This collection consists of English translations and transcriptions of 75 oral history interviews with Spanish speaking old timers living within 60 miles of Las Vegas, New Mexico.
Dates: circa 1993
Scope and Content Collection consists of official and personal papers of Governor King's first term. Includes legislative, judicial, federal and penal papers, as well as correspondence, reports and other materials from a variety of state agencies and private organizations. Some of the materials involve issues such as the very large array telescope; Space Shuttle Program; Waste Isolation Pilot Plant; Vietnam War; a port of entry at Anapra, New Mexico; and the activities of Reies Tijerina. Collection also includes...
Identifier: AC 334-s
Scope and Content Collection consists of the Jemez Pueblo (N.M.) land grant and plat map, signed by Abraham Lincoln.
Scope and Content Collection consists of records of the Avery-Bowman Co. of Santa Fe, New Mexico, and the personal papers of Jennie M. Avery and Grace Bowman. Avery-Bowman Co. records include records of its predecessors the Santa Fe Abstract, Realty and Insurance Agency and the Joseph B. Hayward Agency. These records include land conveyances, deeds, titles, surveys, appraisals, abstracts, and various legal documents, most of which involve property in the vicinity of Santa Fe. The personal papers of Grace Bowman...
Scope and Content Collection consists of Cockrells business and personal papers. Series I consists of probate records, case files, and correspondence. Some pertain to work with the Missouri Pacific Railway Co. Series II consists of various documents relating to work with the Feliz Cattle Co.; the Old Abe Co. (mining); the Taliaferro Mercantile Co.; and land claim cases filed with the U.S. Land Offices in Las Cruces and Roswell, New Mexico, and Glenwood Springs, Colorado. Series III consists of personal and...
Identifier: MSS-279 -SC
Abstract This collection consists of six documents from the late 1700s and early 1800s regarding the estates of the Alari family.
Abstract The collection contains survey maps of the boundaries of land parcels within the Las Vegas Land Grant during the 1870s and 1880s. In most cases, the names of the title holders are given on the maps.
Scope and Content This collection documents the operations of the Maxwell Land Grant Company, primarily in New Mexico. It contains 75 bound volumes of letters; 83 bound volumes of ledgers, cash books, journals, etc., and 2 scrapbooks. There are 85 archival boxes containing bank statements, cancelled checks, land contracts, financial statements, correspondence, maps, leases, legal documents, vouchers, receipts, and annual reports of the Maxwell Land Grant Co. and its related business enterprises. The Maxwell...
Abstract This collection contains seven Spanish documents, written by or related to Miguel Antonio Lovato, resident of Galisteo and Santa Fe, New Mexico in the late eighteenth century to the mid-nineteenth century.
Identifier: AC 159-S
Scope and Content One ledger book of deed descriptions and hand-drawn maps of property in Santa Fe owned by the New Mexico Central Railroad Co. Includes information on a depot shared with the Denver and Rio Grande Railroad.
Abstract This collection contains documents pertaining to New Mexico in the years 1758-1876. The collection consists mostly of land records as well as documents regarding New Mexico's status as a non-slave holding Territory.
Abstract This collection contains mostly documents related to affairs of Pueblo Indian communities and schools.
Identifier: AC 168-P
Scope and Content Collection consists of documents involving a broad range of land matters in New Mexico. Includes deeds, mortgages, and other materials.
Abstract This collection is comprised of documentation of land sales or transfers from 1811-1887 and one letter from a Bishop authorizing a particular marriage. All documents pertain to the Mexican and Territorial periods in New Mexico.
Dates: 1791-1887 (bulk 1826-1887)
Abstract This small collection contains the papers of Noe Tijerina, son of Reies Lopez Tijerina, Chicano land grant activist and founder of Alianza Federal de Mercedes. The papers relate to land grant activism and the Tijerina family.
Abstract The collection consists of photographs taken at the time of the "Courthouse Raid" incident in Tierra Amarilla, NM. As well as photographs taken in 1977 of Reies Lopez Tijerina, Ubaldo Velasquez, Emilio Naranjo, Moises Morales, Pedro Archuleta, and Tony Anaya. A 2018 addition contains photographs and slides primarily related to the Hunt family and Acoma Pueblo.
Abstract The collection contains the papers of New Mexico land grant activist Reies Lopez Tijerina, best known for founding the Alianza Federal de Mercedes. The group organized heirs seeking to regain Spanish and Mexican land grants protected under the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo, an important component of the Chicano Movement.
Dates: 1888-2003; Majority of material found within 1963-1978
Abstract The photos in this collection relate to the and other events in the life of land grant activist, Reis Lopez Tijerina.Alianza Federal de Pueblos Libres and other events in the life of land grant activist, Reis Lopez Tijerina.
Abstract Richard Greenleaf's papers deal with major people and events during the initial decades of Spanish presence in Mexico. The collection mainly consists of Greenleaf's typed Spanish transcriptions and English translations of colonial documents from the the Archivo General de Indias of Seville and the Archivo General de Nación of Mexico City.
Abstract This collection contains the land deed for Sandia Pueblo reflecting its sale to that Pueblo from Pablo Salasar, a typed translation of this deed, and a document from 1830 detailing the assets and debts of Lorenzo Gonzales.
Abstract This collection, compiled by Julius Seligman, contains documents regarding the sale and purchase of land in Sandoval County, New Mexico, in and around Bernalillo, Algodones, Placitas, Santa Ana Pueblo, San Felipe Pueblo, and Jemez Pueblo.
Identifier: AC 092-P
Scope and Content Collection consists of 19 documents concerning the title to a parcel of land near Santa Cruz, New Mexico. Includes land titles, hijuelas (estate inventories), and bills of sale.
- Subject: Land tenure -- New Mexico X
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 19
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 7
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 3
- Land tenure -- New Mexico 13
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 7
- Land grants -- New Mexico 5
- Land titles -- New Mexico 4
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 4
- Conveyances 3
- Deeds 3
- New Mexico--Ethnic relations 3
- Hispanic Americans -- Southwest, New -- Social life and customs 2
- Land tenure--New Mexico 2
- Land tenure--New Mexico--Santo Domingo Pueblo 2
- Legal documents -- New Mexico 2
- Mexican Americans -- Land tenure -- New Mexico 2
- Mines and mineral resources -- New Mexico 2
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1951- 2
- Photographs 2
- Pueblo Indians--Land tenure 2
- Real property -- New Mexico 2
- Real property -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 2
- Slides 2
- Tierra Amarilla (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Abiquiu (N.M.) 1
- Acoma Indians -- Pictorial works 1
- Acoma Pueblo (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Addresses 1
- Administrative agencies -- New Mexico 1
- Administrative reports 1
- Agricultural engineers -- United States 1
- Agricultural industries -- New Mexico 1
- Agriculture -- Defense measures 1
- Agriculture -- Finance 1
- Agriculture -- International cooperation 1
- Agriculture -- New Mexico 1
- Anapra (N.M.) 1
- Annual reports 1
- Appraisals (financial records) 1
- Bills of sale 1
- Bishops -- Mexico 1
- Boarding schools--New Mexico 1
- Christianity -- Conversion 1
- Church and state -- Mexico -- History 1
- Civil rights movements -- United States -- History -- 20th century 1
- Clippings 1
- Colfax County (N.M.) -- History 1
- Colfax County (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Correspondence 1
- Deeds -- New Mexico -- Sandia Pueblo 1
- Diaries 1
- Dominicans -- History 1
- Encomenderos -- Mexico -- History 1
- Estate inventories 1
- Estate records 1
- Extradition -- New Mexico 1
- Franciscans --History 1
- Government records 1
- Governors --New Mexico 1
- Guadalupe County (N.M.) -- History 1
- Guadalupe County (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Hispanic American families -- New Mexico 1
- Hispanic Americans -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Hispanic Americans -- Politics and government -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Hispanic Americans -- Southwest, New -- Social conditions 1
- Hunting -- West (U.S.) 1
- Indian agents--New Mexico 1
- Indians of Mexico -- History -- 16th century 1
- Indians of Mexico -- History -- 17th century 1
- Indians of North America -- Land tenure -- New Mexico 1
- Indians of North America -- Pictorial works 1
- Indians of North America--Land tenure 1
- Inquisition -- Mexico 1
- Inventories of decedents' estates -- New Mexico -- History -- 18th century 1
- Irrigation canals and flumes -- Southwest, New 1
- Jemez Pueblo (N.M.) 1
- José Martínez documents 1
- La Sevilleta de la Joya Grant (N.M.) 1
- Land Grants--New Mexico 1
- Land companies -- New Mexico 1
- Land grants - New Mexico 1
- Land grants -- Colorado -- History 1
- Land grants -- New Mexico -- History 1
- Land grants -- New Mexico -- Las Vegas -- History 1
- Land grants -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Land grants --New Mexico 1
- Land grants – New Mexico 1
- Land grants--New Mexico--Santo Domingo Pueblo 1
- Land settlement -- Southwest, New 1
- Land surveys 1
- Land tenure -- Colorado 1
- Land tenure -- Jemez Pueblo (N.M.) 1
- Land tenure -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Land tenure -- New Mexico -- Bernalillo 1
- Land tenure -- New Mexico -- Corrales 1
- Land tenure -- New Mexico -- Las Vegas -- History 1
- Land tenure -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Land tenure -- New Mexico -- Placitas 1
- Land tenure -- New Mexico -- Sandoval County 1
- Land tenure -- New Mexico -- Santa Clara Pueblo 1
- Land tenure -- New Mexico -- Santa Cruz 1
- Land tenure -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1 ∧ less
- English 25
- Undetermined 13
- Spanish; Castilian 7
- Tijerina, Reies 6
- Alari, José Ignacio, b. 1746 1
- Anderson, Clinton Presba, 1895-1975 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railroad Company 1
- Avery, Jennie M., -1976 1
- Cutting, Bronson M., 1888-1935 1
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 1
- Hewett, Edgar L. (Edgar Lee), 1865-1946 1
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 1
- Maxwell Land Grant Company 1
- Maxwell Land Grant and Railway Co 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1971-1974 : King) 1
- Tijerina, Noe 1
- United States. Bureau of Indian Affairs 1
- Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education 1 ∧ less