Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 27
Scope and Content Collection consists of papers pertaining to the property known as Whitten Hall located on the corner of Guadalupe St. and Garfield St. in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Includes title abstracts (1869-1964), a clipping, and a photograph with Whitten Hall in the background.
Scope and Content Collection consists of the papers of the Rogers family (Albert Sr., Albert Jr., Helen, and Waldo). The bulk of the collection consists of Albert Jr.s business and legal papers (1898-1956). Legal papers include Supreme Court of New Mexico case files involving the City of Raton; district court case files; and land grant case files involving the Maxwell, Preston Beck, Anton Chico, and Mora land grants. Also included are records from the settlement of Leah Ilfelds estate and one land grant map....
Abstract The collection documents the activism and unrest of the 1960s-early 1970s in New Mexico, which largely reflects the national climate at the time.
Dates: 1967-2016; Majority of material found within 1967-1973
Abstract Portraits of prominent Southwestern writers.
Scope and Content Collection consists of Woodward's personal papers and research materials collected and created in the process of the publication of her doctoral thesis and of various articles on the Penitentes (a grassroots Catholic group) of Northern New Mexico. Includes correspondence with various persons and institutions (1933-1949), two notebooks and a diary (1925-1928), and a scrapbook (1938). Notebooks and diary pertain to Woodward's travels to Europe and Hobbs, New Mexico. Research materials consist of...
Dates: 1542-1957 (bulk 1852-1957)
Scope and Content Collection consists of the papers of Jacobo Yrisarri. Includes land records, estate records for various persons, financial records, and photographs. Land records include mining and warranty deeds, an abstract of title to land in Ranchos de Albuquerque, one map of land divisions in Candelaria, New Mexico, and copies of maps of the Atrisco and Elena Gallegos land grants. Financial records include tax receipts and assessments. Photographs include black and white images of Jacobo Yrisarri and...
Scope and Content Collection consists of papers of E.H. Plummer. Included are correspondence, reports, clippings, photographs, a diary, and published materials. Subjects included are E.H. Plummer's military career, the Navajos, Protestant missionary activity on the Navajo Reservation, Native American education, and Santa Fe, New Mexico. Items of note are documents concerning the Welch murder on the Navajo Reservation, Bishop J. Mills Kendrick's missionary progress report (1897), Elizabeth W. Thackra's letters as...
Dates: 1888-1937 (bulk, 1888-1897)
Abstract The University of New Mexico's Electrical and Computer Engineering Department was founded in 1906. Throughout the years, the department has grown and inculdes research labs for such things as robotics, hearing aid research and artificial intelligence, as well as the Centennial Science and Engineering library. The bulk of the collection includes meetings and reports from the 1980s, and many photogrphs from the 1960s.
Dates: 1954 - 1989; Majority of material found within 1980 - 1989
Abstract Photograph album of places in New Mexico including Silver City, Pinos Altos, Center City, Fort Bayard, Santa Rita, Albuquerque, Gila area, Folsom, Continental Divide.
Dates: 1880 - 1910
Abstract Seven black and white photographs of interior and exterior views of 726 Camino del Monte Sol, Santa Fe, NM. The residence was built circa 1937 in the Spanish-Pueblo style. Photographs, credited to Ernest Knee, are mounted on matte board.
Dates: 20th century
Abstract Photographs from the Gallup Indian Ceremonial during the years 1920-1970.
Dates: 1920s - 1970s; Majority of material found in 1953
Abstract The Harmon Percy Marble Photograph Collection is comprised of photographs primarily of Native American individuals and groups. Photographs focus on Navajo, Hopi, Pueblo, Sioux, and Menominee tribes.
Identifier: PAC 055
Scope and Content The collection was acquired in 1992 (HP.1992.54) and 1993 (HP.1993.11) as gifts from the estate of Harold D. Walter's wife, Mae Walter. It includes several hundred black and white prints and negatives and 35mm color slides of New Mexico and Colorado landscapes and buildings, governors of New Mexico and other individuals. Also includes a scrap book contaning 8x10 b and w silver gelatin prints, all taken in New Mexico, Arizona and Mexico during the January, 1940 re-creation of the Coronado...
Dates: 1936 - 1958; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Abstract Jane Snow taught voice and opera at the University of New Mexico. The collection is centered on opera productions during her years at the university during the 1950s and 1960s. The collection includes newspaper clippings and numerous photographs of operas.
Dates: 1948 - 1970; Majority of material found within 1952 - 1962
Scope and Content Collection consists of a broad range of materials from members of these three inter-related familes from the area of Taos, New Mexico. Most of the collection is made up of land conveyances, wills, business documents, and correspondence. Includes a photocopy of Teresita Bent's handwritten account of her father Governor Charles Bent's assassination in 1847; land conveyances involving Maria Ygnacia Jaramillo; personal papers of Cornelio Vigil; a speech by L. Bradford Prince; business and personal...
Scope and Content Collection consists of the John Paul Delgado papers (1910-1992) and the military papers of Manuel Delgado (1774-1804). The bulk of the collection covers the years 1910-1992. John Paul Delgado papers include some materials concerning his grandfather Benjamin Read, genealogical materials concerning the Delgado Family, and various clippings and other materials concerning John Paul Delgado's acting career. Also includes black and white photographs of John Paul and the Delgado Family, photocopies of...
Dates: 1774-1992 (bulk 1910-1992)
Scope and Content Collection consists of the papers of Louis William Geck. Included are military service records, land records, district court case records, records pertaining to the Civil War and the occupation of Mesilla, records pertaining to Geck's pension, guardianship records, and family papers and photographs. Military service records include his military bounty claims. Land records include conveyances and deeds for land in Dona Ana County and Mesilla, New Mexico. District court records pertain to Geck's...
Dates: 1846-1985 (bulk 1846-1892)
Scope and Content Collection consists of the research files of Lucien A. File. Included are research documents, index cards, maps, black and white photographs, and an unfinished manuscript pertaining to mining in New Mexico. A timetable of the history of New Mexico mining is contained within the manuscript. Subjects included are ghost towns, inhabited towns, counties, forts, mining history and locations, and New Mexican history. Also included are clippings pertaining to nearly 300 prominent New Mexicans. Related...
Abstract The collection consists of Martin Stupich's photo documentation of the historic De Anza Motor Lodge (Albuquerque, NM), from 2016.
Abstract The photograph album contains 77 black and white photographs. 54 photographs document a multi-national survey expedition in Mexico.
Dates: circa 1900
Abstract A collection of still photographs, slides, negatives and motion picture films by Patricia and R.P. Meleski, primarily of southern New Mexico mining and ghost towns, jeep races and road trips. Collection is minimally processed.
Abstract Richard Kelleher, 1975 UNM Commuications graduate and media relations expert, has photographed people, especially performancers, from 1965 to 2020. Topics include musicians, politicians and sports personalities; collection also includes personal family snapshots.
Abstract Photograph album containing 12 (4 ¼” x 5 ¼”) black and white photographs of Native Americans and scenes of the Southwest and California, and 1 photograph (4 ¼” x 5 ¼”) of Natural Bridges, VA.
Dates: circa 1900
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of Trent Thomass correspondence concerning his employment as an architect in California and New Mexico from 1918 to 1951. Also included are photographs of various buildings in New Mexico and Arizona from the Historical American Buildings Survey, including San Xavier del Bac Mission near Tucson and the New Mexico School for the Deaf in Santa Fe.
Abstract The University of New Mexico University Photographs collection includes many photographs of the remodelling and construction of several university buildings. The collection dates from 1990 to 2002, with the bulk of the collection dating from 1992-1995. The collection also includes photographs of the campus, students, faculty and staff, and awards, receptions, dedications and graduations.
Dates: 1990 - 2002
- Subject: Black-and-white photographs X
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 16
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 10
- NMHM Palace of the Governors Photo Archives 1
- Clippings 7
- Color photographs 4
- Negatives (Photographs) 4
- Photographs 4
- Black-and-white negatives 3
- Estate records 3
- Family papers 3
- Map 3
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 3
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 3
- Photographic prints 3
- College students -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 2
- Continental Divide Wilderness (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Deeds 2
- Diaries 2
- Gallup (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Ghost towns--New Mexico 2
- Hopi Indians -- Pictorial works 2
- Maxwell Land Grant (N.M. and Colo.) 2
- Mines and mineral resources--New Mexico 2
- New Mexico -- History -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 2
- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 2
- Photograph albums 2
- Photographic postcards 2
- Portrait photographs 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- Abstracts of title --New Mexico--Santa Fe 1
- Actors -- New Mexico 1
- Addresses 1
- Administrative reports 1
- Advertising -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Aerial photographs 1
- African American student movements -- History -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Alabados 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Photographs 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Annual reports 1
- Anton Chico Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Architects -- New Mexico 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe -- Pictorial works 1
- Architecture Southwest, New History 20th century. 1
- Architecture, Domestic -- New Mexico -- Photographs 1
- Architecture, domestic -- Southwest, New 1
- Arizona -- Pictorial works 1
- Arizona--History -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Authors, American -- New Mexico -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Aztecs -- Pictorial works 1
- Bernalillo County (N.M.) -- History 1
- Buildings -- New Mexico – Albuquerque -- Photographs 1
- Business enterprises -- New Mexico -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Candelaria (N.M.) -- History 1
- Celebrities 1
- Celebrities--New Mexico 1
- Cheyenne Indians 1
- Chicano Movement -- History -- 20th century-- Pictorial works 1
- Cities and towns -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Cities and towns--New Mexico 1
- Cityscape photographs -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Civil procedure New Mexico. 1
- College buildings--New Mexico-Photographs 1
- College students -- New Mexico 1
- Color Negatives 1
- Color slides 1
- Confraternities -- New Mexico 1
- Conveyances 1
- DVDs 1
- Dakota Indians -- Pictorial works 1
- De Anza Motor Lodge (Albuquerque, N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Digital photographs 1
- Doña Ana County (N.M.) -- History 1
- Elena Gallegos Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Europe--Description and travel 1
- Family New Mexico Taos Photographs 1
- Feminism -- Pictorial works 1
- Financial records 1
- Fort Bayard (N.M.) -- Photographs 1
- Fort Defiance (Ariz.) 1
- Fortifications--New Mexico 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- New Mexico 1
- Gelatin silver prints 1
- Genealogy 1
- Ghost towns -- Pictorial works 1
- Gila Cliff Dwellings 1
- Gila River - Pictorial works 1
- Glass negatives 1
- Glenrio (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Governors--New Mexico 1
- Graduation ceremonies 1
- Hispanic American authors -- Pictorial works 1
- Historic buildings -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Historic buildings -- Southwest, New -- Photographs 1
- History -- New Mexico -- Photographs 1
- Hopi Indians -- Missions 1
- Hopi Indians -- Rites and ceremonies 1
- Hotel El Rancho -- Gallup (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Hymns 1
- Indian students -- Political activity -- 20th century-- Pictorial works 1
- Indians of North America -- Education 1 ∧ less
- Undetermined 10
- Historic American Buildings Survey 2
- Abbey, Edward, 1927-1989 1
- Ahkeah, Sam, 1896-1967 1
- American Indian Movement 1
- Anaya, Rudolfo A., 1937-2020 1
- Bent, Charles, 1799-1847 1
- Carson, Kit, 1809-1868 1
- Chase, D. B. (Dana B.), 1848-1897 1
- Chavez, Angelico, 1910-1996 1
- Church, Peggy Pond, 1903-1986 1
- Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.) 1
- Creighton, Emmeline 1
- Davis, Wyatt, 1906-1984 1
- Gonzales-Berry, Erlinda, 1942- 1
- Harjo, Joy 1
- Hillerman, Tony, 1925-2008 1
- Jane Snow, 1914 - 2013 1
- Kanesta, Elaine 1
- Kiva Club (University of New Mexico) 1
- Knee, Ernest, 1907-1982 1
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 1
- Martínez, Demetria, 1960- 1
- Meleski 1
- Momaday, N. Scott, 1934- 1
- Rogers, Albert T. 1
- Rogers, Albert T., Jr. 1
- Sagel, Jim 1
- Stupich, Martin, 1949- 1
- Tallent, Elizabeth, 1954- 1
- Taptuka, Clarence 1
- University of New Mexico 1
- Waters, Frank, 1902-1995 1
- Wollner, Carl 1 ∧ less