Showing Collections: 1 - 17 of 17
Scope and Content Collection consists of papers pertaining to the property known as Whitten Hall located on the corner of Guadalupe St. and Garfield St. in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Includes title abstracts (1869-1964), a clipping, and a photograph with Whitten Hall in the background.
Scope and Content Collection consists of the papers of the Rogers family (Albert Sr., Albert Jr., Helen, and Waldo). The bulk of the collection consists of Albert Jr.s business and legal papers (1898-1956). Legal papers include Supreme Court of New Mexico case files involving the City of Raton; district court case files; and land grant case files involving the Maxwell, Preston Beck, Anton Chico, and Mora land grants. Also included are records from the settlement of Leah Ilfelds estate and one land grant map....
Abstract The collection documents the activism and unrest of the 1960s-early 1970s in New Mexico, which largely reflects the national climate at the time.
Dates: 1967-2016; Majority of material found within 1967-1973
Abstract Portraits of prominent Southwestern writers.
Scope and Content Collection consists of Woodward's personal papers and research materials collected and created in the process of the publication of her doctoral thesis and of various articles on the Penitentes (a grassroots Catholic group) of Northern New Mexico. Includes correspondence with various persons and institutions (1933-1949), two notebooks and a diary (1925-1928), and a scrapbook (1938). Notebooks and diary pertain to Woodward's travels to Europe and Hobbs, New Mexico. Research materials consist of...
Dates: 1542-1957 (bulk 1852-1957)
Scope and Content Collection consists of the papers of Jacobo Yrisarri. Includes land records, estate records for various persons, financial records, and photographs. Land records include mining and warranty deeds, an abstract of title to land in Ranchos de Albuquerque, one map of land divisions in Candelaria, New Mexico, and copies of maps of the Atrisco and Elena Gallegos land grants. Financial records include tax receipts and assessments. Photographs include black and white images of Jacobo Yrisarri and...
Scope and Content Collection consists of papers of E.H. Plummer. Included are correspondence, reports, clippings, photographs, a diary, and published materials. Subjects included are E.H. Plummer's military career, the Navajos, Protestant missionary activity on the Navajo Reservation, Native American education, and Santa Fe, New Mexico. Items of note are documents concerning the Welch murder on the Navajo Reservation, Bishop J. Mills Kendrick's missionary progress report (1897), Elizabeth W. Thackra's letters as...
Dates: 1888-1937 (bulk, 1888-1897)
Identifier: PAC 055
Scope and Content The collection was acquired in 1992 (HP.1992.54) and 1993 (HP.1993.11) as gifts from the estate of Harold D. Walter's wife, Mae Walter. It includes several hundred black and white prints and negatives and 35mm color slides of New Mexico and Colorado landscapes and buildings, governors of New Mexico and other individuals. Also includes a scrap book contaning 8x10 b and w silver gelatin prints, all taken in New Mexico, Arizona and Mexico during the January, 1940 re-creation of the Coronado...
Dates: 1936 - 1958; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Scope and Content Collection consists of a broad range of materials from members of these three inter-related familes from the area of Taos, New Mexico. Most of the collection is made up of land conveyances, wills, business documents, and correspondence. Includes a photocopy of Teresita Bent's handwritten account of her father Governor Charles Bent's assassination in 1847; land conveyances involving Maria Ygnacia Jaramillo; personal papers of Cornelio Vigil; a speech by L. Bradford Prince; business and personal...
Scope and Content Collection consists of the John Paul Delgado papers (1910-1992) and the military papers of Manuel Delgado (1774-1804). The bulk of the collection covers the years 1910-1992. John Paul Delgado papers include some materials concerning his grandfather Benjamin Read, genealogical materials concerning the Delgado Family, and various clippings and other materials concerning John Paul Delgado's acting career. Also includes black and white photographs of John Paul and the Delgado Family, photocopies of...
Dates: 1774-1992 (bulk 1910-1992)
Scope and Content Collection consists of the papers of Louis William Geck. Included are military service records, land records, district court case records, records pertaining to the Civil War and the occupation of Mesilla, records pertaining to Geck's pension, guardianship records, and family papers and photographs. Military service records include his military bounty claims. Land records include conveyances and deeds for land in Dona Ana County and Mesilla, New Mexico. District court records pertain to Geck's...
Dates: 1846-1985 (bulk 1846-1892)
Scope and Content Collection consists of the research files of Lucien A. File. Included are research documents, index cards, maps, black and white photographs, and an unfinished manuscript pertaining to mining in New Mexico. A timetable of the history of New Mexico mining is contained within the manuscript. Subjects included are ghost towns, inhabited towns, counties, forts, mining history and locations, and New Mexican history. Also included are clippings pertaining to nearly 300 prominent New Mexicans. Related...
Abstract The photograph album contains 77 black and white photographs. 54 photographs document a multi-national survey expedition in Mexico.
Dates: circa 1900
Abstract Photograph album containing 12 (4 ¼” x 5 ¼”) black and white photographs of Native Americans and scenes of the Southwest and California, and 1 photograph (4 ¼” x 5 ¼”) of Natural Bridges, VA.
Dates: circa 1900
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of Trent Thomass correspondence concerning his employment as an architect in California and New Mexico from 1918 to 1951. Also included are photographs of various buildings in New Mexico and Arizona from the Historical American Buildings Survey, including San Xavier del Bac Mission near Tucson and the New Mexico School for the Deaf in Santa Fe.
Abstract A photographic study taken along Route 66 in New Mexico and Arizona. Artifacts of the tourist trade, including signs, shops, gas stations, and motels, are the focus of this collection.
Abstract The collection consists primarily of travel photographs from Italy, circa 1933. There are also photographs from Rotten Stone Lake (Saskatchewan, Canada), cross country ski photographs (unknown location), and photographs of individuals, mostly unidentified.
Dates: 1885 - 1933
- Subject: Black-and-white photographs X
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 10
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 6
- NMHM Palace of the Governors Photo Archives 1
- Black-and-white photographs 16
- Clippings 7
- Estate records 3
- Family papers 3
- Map 3
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 3
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 3
- Deeds 2
- Diaries 2
- Maxwell Land Grant (N.M. and Colo.) 2
- Mines and mineral resources--New Mexico 2
- New Mexico -- History -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 2
- Photograph albums 2
- Photographic prints 2
- Photographs 2
- Portrait photographs 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- Abstracts of title --New Mexico--Santa Fe 1
- Actors -- New Mexico 1
- Addresses 1
- Advertising -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- African American student movements -- History -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Alabados 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Anton Chico Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Architects -- New Mexico 1
- Arizona -- Pictorial works 1
- Arizona--History -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Authors, American -- New Mexico -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Bernalillo County (N.M.) -- History 1
- Black-and-white negatives 1
- Business enterprises -- New Mexico -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Candelaria (N.M.) -- History 1
- Celebrities--New Mexico 1
- Chicano Movement -- History -- 20th century-- Pictorial works 1
- Cities and towns -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Cities and towns--New Mexico 1
- Civil procedure New Mexico. 1
- Color photographs 1
- Color slides 1
- Confraternities -- New Mexico 1
- Continental Divide Wilderness (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Conveyances 1
- Doña Ana County (N.M.) -- History 1
- Elena Gallegos Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Europe--Description and travel 1
- Family New Mexico Taos Photographs 1
- Feminism -- Pictorial works 1
- Financial records 1
- Fort Defiance (Ariz.) 1
- Fortifications--New Mexico 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- New Mexico 1
- Gallup (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Gelatin silver prints 1
- Genealogy 1
- Ghost towns--New Mexico 1
- Glenrio (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Governors--New Mexico 1
- Hispanic American authors -- Pictorial works 1
- Historic buildings -- Southwest, New -- Photographs 1
- Hopi Indians -- Missions 1
- Hymns 1
- Indian students -- Political activity -- 20th century-- Pictorial works 1
- Indians of North America - Pictorial works 1
- Indians of North America -- Education 1
- Indigenous authors -- Pictorial works 1
- Indigenous peoples – Mexico –Pictorial works 1
- Invoices 1
- Italy -- Pictorial works 1
- Laguna (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Land grants New Mexico Maps. 1
- Land grants--New Mexico 1
- Land titles Registration and transfer -- New Mexico -- Dona Ana County 1
- Land titles Registration and transfer -- New Mexico -- Mesilla 1
- Land titles Registration and transfer New Mexico Elizabethtown 1
- Land titles Registration and transfer New Mexico Taos 1
- Landscape photgraphers -- Southwest, New 1
- Landscape photography -- Mexico – Pictorial works 1
- Landscape photography -- Southwestern States -- Pictorial works 1
- Las Animas Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Lawyers New Mexico. 1
- Legal files 1
- Lupton (Ariz.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Merchants New Mexico 1
- Mesilla (N.M.) -- Commerce 1
- Mesilla (N.M.) -- History 1
- Mexico -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Mexico -- Description and travel -- Pictorial works 1
- Mexico -- Social life and customs -- Pictorial works 1
- Military history 1
- Mining districts--New Mexico 1
- Mora Land Grant (N.M..) 1
- Motels -- United States Highway 66 -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Murder -- New Mexico -- San Juan County 1
- Natural areas -- Southwest, New -- Photographs 1
- Navajo Indians -- Missions 1
- Negatives (Photographs) 1
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 1
- New Mexico -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1 ∧ less
- Undetermined 10
- Abbey, Edward, 1927-1989 1
- American Indian Movement 1
- Anaya, Rudolfo A., 1937-2020 1
- Bent, Charles, 1799-1847 1
- Carson, Kit, 1809-1868 1