Showing Collections: 1 - 22 of 22
Identifier: AC 012
Scope and Content The Bandelier collection consists of artifacts, documents, illustrations, maps, and photographs. For the most part all are in stable condition. The bulk of the collection came to the library upon the death of Mrs. Fanny Ritter Bandelier in accordance with the terms of her will. Other Bandelier memorabilia and artifacts were donated by various persons who were friends of the Bandeliers. Journals Of the document portion of the collection,...
Dates: August 28-December 15 -
Identifier: AC 213
Scope and Content Collection contains records, interview transcripts, brochures, studies, and writings pertaining to public health and other aspects of Native American tribal lives.
Identifier: AC 038
Scope and Content The following is a list of principal categories. I. A summary of Beatrice Champion Chauvenet. II. Tsianina Evans - Jennie Avery Correspondence. III. Other biographical material. IV. Material relating to Edgar Lee Hewett, Ph.D. V. Bandelier National Monument. VI. Old Santa Fe Association. VII. Historical...
Identifier: AC 394
Scope and Content Collection contains drafts/transcriptions for the Adolph Bandelier diaries covering 1885 - 1892 (published in four volumes by the University of New Mexico Press). Included are transcripts of Bandelier material from 1880 - 1891 prepared by A. J. O. Anderson and Fanny Bandelier. A file of approximately 820 index cards with names is also included.
Identifier: AC 477
Scope and Content Collection consists of books, articles, poetry, audio recordings and short stories by New Mexico author Chellis Glendinning. Also included are various interviews, correspondence and magazine articles on Glendinning's work in the areas of psychology, feminism, environmentalism, ecopsychology and political activism.
Identifier: AC 521-p
Scope and Content Folder contains a copy of the Codex Sierra (64 pages plus front and back cover): Nicolas Leon, ed. Códice Sierra. Fragmento de una nomina de gastos del pueblo de Santa Catarina Texupan .... 1550 a 1564. Mexico City: Museo Nacional de Mexico, and Poulat Litografía, 1906. Front cover states "Julia Bourgeois Mexico 1912." Digital images of the codex can be viewed at ...
Identifier: AC 485
Scope and Content Collection consists of letters, cards, miscellaneous legal and fiscal documents, and various pieces of ephemera. The bulk of this collection is authored by Frank W. Armstrong of New Mexico. Also included within the collection are various documents pertaining to the Armstrong family business, the San Marcial Mercantile Company in San Marcial, New Mexico.
Identifier: AC 040
Scope and Content Collection consists of the personal papers of ChÃ¡vez. Includes typed manuscripts, letters sent and received, certificates, biographical materials, and newspaper clippings. Among the letters are correspondence with various publishers and ChÃ¡vez's friend Frederick L. Grillo, as well as letters received from individuals such as Thornton Wilder, Paul Horgan, Erna Fergusson, Peter Hurd, and Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis. Collection also includes materials concerning the publication of ChÃ¡vez's poem...
Identifier: AC 086
Scope and Content Assorted papers including correspondence, memoranda, misc. documents and notes. Draft manuscripts on various New Mexico personalities and subjects. Eleven donated books integrated into museum collection. Articles and clippings were integrated into the libray's verticle files.
Identifier: AC 075
Scope and Content The Bruce T. Ellis Collection consists of various original and photostatic copies of the Spanish, Mexican and American period of New Mexico's history. Ellis, a former employee of the Museum of New Mexico's History Bureau, collected and saved many of these diverse documents from destruction. The collection is arranged topically and then chronologically.
Identifier: AC 210
Scope and Content In 1968, Ms. J. K. Shishkin was assigned by Mr. Carlos Nagel, the director of the Museum of New Mexico, to write a history of the Palace of the Governors. In 1972, Ms. Shishkin submitted this manuscript consisting of 405 typewritten pages and 28 handwritten pages of footnotes. Carl E. Rosnek, Museum Director of Publications, returned the manuscript to Ms. Shishkin with editorial comments and corrections. Although Ms. Shishkin agreed to rewrite the manuscript, she did not finish the project by...
Identifier: AC 417
Scope and Content This collection is a series of handwritten manuscripts on Indians of the Southwest. Most pages are written in English, although some are in French (Salpointe's native language) and one essay is in Spanish. Topics covered include: dances, mythology, traits, and Indian wars. He focuses on the Apache, Navajo, Papago, Zuni, and Pueblo Indian tribes.
Identifier: AC 402
Scope and Content The collection contains manuscripts for Louis Kraft's books (originals, edits, drafts); correspondence with friends, critics, writers, as it relates to Kraft's publications; magazine articles and lectures written by Kraft; his books; and photos of Kraft. Includes materials and script for the two-act play by Louis Kraft "An Evening with Ned Wynkoop."
Dates: 1982 - (open end)
Identifier: AC 141
Scope and Content This collection contains historical film and photographic research material of photographic and related matter depicting Native Americans at tribal dances and celebrations. Most of the collection consists of photocopied items from other repositories. The topical organization of the papers is Luther Lyan's creation.
Identifier: AC 457
Scope and Content Collection contains reproduction of nine (9) codices, background information and maps of Mesoamerica.
Dates: Placeholder Unit Date Text; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Identifier: AC 327
Scope and Content This collection contains Spanish and English song books and manuscript sheet music related to the Southwest, Mexico, New Mexico, and Santa Fe. The music consists of folk songs, ballads, popular mariachi music, traditional fiesta music, cowboy songs, traditional Native American tribal music, and others. The collection includes general piano music once owned by Charlotte Ilfeld, Alice K. Plimpton, Mary R. Van Stone, Elizabeth Willis DeHuff, and Lucile and Loraine Ridout.
Identifier: AC 226
Scope and Content The Ralph Emerson Twitchell Collection's first part consists of the papers of Ralph Emerson Twitchell (11-29-1859 to 10-26-1925), the attorney, public office holder and historian; Margaret Olivia Collins Twitchell (born circa 1868 to 1-29-1900), the first Mrs. Twitchell; Estelle Bennett Burton Twitchell (1-31-1872 to 10-13-1952), the second Mrs. Twitchell; and Waldo Collins Twitchell, the son of Margaret and Ralph who became an engineer and a writer. The second part of the Ralph...
Identifier: AC 110
Scope and Content Collection consists of clippings, magazines, pamphlets and research notes on adobe construction and solar and alternative energy. Materials includes a complete run of the Adobe News from the 1970s and a typed manuscript of Hopson's book "Adobe: A Comprehensive Bibliography" with annotations and corrections. The collection also contains clippings, pamphlets, directories, research notes, and oral history recordings concerning towns, hotels, inns, and opera...
Identifier: AC 189
Scope and Content A photocopy of Sheldon Reich's biography on Randall Davey. Collection also includes Reich's correspondence concerning his research for the Randall Davey biography and a fourteen page version of the biography. These papers were among the Randall Davey material the National Audubon Society donated to the Chávez History Library.
Identifier: AC 224
Scope and Content The Theron Marquis Trombeau papers include manuscripts, publications, correspondence and journals written between 1927 and 1979. Trombeau wrote extensively about southern New Mexico. He also wrote fiction, poetry, newspaper columns and essays. Some of his works explore homosexuality.
Identifier: AC 581
Scope and Content Collection consists of personal and professional papers of Thomas E. Chávez as well as some papers of his father Antonio Chávez. Included are letters, correspondence, newspaper articles pertaining to their careers, professional papers and notes. Additionally, collection contains Thomas E. Chávez's school and professional notes, manuscripts, and proofs of published works.
Dates: 1957 - 2009
Identifier: AC 018
Scope and Content The Blackmore Collection includes promotional and research material documenting his investment concerns. Blackmore was instrumental in publishing books about the Southwest, Spanish land grants, Mexican land law and United States Territorial law regarding land grants. 1932 Barbara Aitken, an anthropologist who worked with Edgar Lee Hewett, secured the Blackmore Papers for the Historical Society of New Mexico. The Charles D. Poston papers are part of the Blackmore Collection. Most of...
- Manuscripts 19
- Clippings 8
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 5
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 5
- Publications 5
- Authors, American -- New Mexico 4
- Diaries 4
- Scrapbooks 3
- Archaeology -- Southwest, New 2
- Articles 2
- Historians -- New Mexico 2
- Lectures 2
- Manuscripts, Nahuatl -- Facsimiles 2
- Pamphlets 2
- Poems 2
- Pueblo Indians 2
- Reports 2
- Translations 2
- Addresses 1
- Adobe News 1
- Adobe houses 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) 1
- Alcoholism -- New Mexico -- Gallup 1
- Alexandria (Egypt) 1
- Alvarez, Manuel 1794-1856 1
- Apache Indians - Wars, 1879-1886 1
- Archaeology -- Mexico 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico 1
- Arrangement (Music) 1
- Athens (Greece) 1
- Audio archive 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century 1
- Authors, American -- 21st century 1
- Authors, American -- Kansas 1
- Aztecs -- Languages -- Texts 1
- Aztecs --Languages --Texts 1
- Brown, Edmund Gerald 1905-1996 1
- Building, Adobe 1
- Buildings -- New Mexico 1
- California -- Municipal Court (Los Angeles Judicial District) 1
- Cargo ships--United States--History--20th century 1
- Casablanca (Morocco) 1
- Cathedral Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Cathedrals--New Mexico--Santa Fe 1
- Certificates 1
- Cheyenne Indians-Wars, 1868-1869 1
- Chimayo (N.M.) 1
- Civilization, Modern -- 20th century -- Psychological aspects 1
- Codex Aubin 1
- Codex Borbonicus 1
- Codex Cualac 1
- Codex Hall 1
- Codex Laud 1
- Codex Nuttall 1
- Codex Santa María Asunción 1
- Codex Tuxpan 1
- Compact discs 1
- Computer files 1
- Correspondence 1
- Cowboys--Songs and music 1
- Directories 1
- Drawing 1
- Drug abuse --Psychological aspects 1
- Earth construction 1
- Ethnology - Southwest, New 1
- Ethnology --Andes Region 1
- Ethnology --Southwest, New 1
- Excavations (Archaeology) -- New Mexico 1
- Family histories 1
- Fiction 1
- Financial records 1
- Folk music--New Mexico 1
- Folk songs, English--New Mexico 1
- Folk songs, Spanish--Mexico 1
- Folk songs, Spanish--New Mexico--Santa Fe 1
- Folk songs--Southwest, New 1
- Fort Marcy (N.M.) -- History 1
- Genealogy 1
- Genoa (Italy) 1
- Governors -- New Mexico 1
- Heroin abuse -- New Mexico -- Chimayo -- History 1
- Holistic Health 1
- Hotels -- New Mexico 1
- Human ecology -- Psychological aspects 1
- Hunting -- West (U.S.) 1
- Illegal aliens 1
- Imperialism -- Psychological aspects 1
- Indian dance -- Southwest, New 1
- Indian dance --Southwest, New 1
- Indians of Mexico 1
- Indians of Mexico -- Languages -- Texts 1
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico -- Economic conditions 1
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico -- Education 1
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico -- Health and hygiene 1
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico -- Social conditions 1
- Indians of North America -- Wars -- 1815-1875 1
- Indians of North America--Arizona--Rites and ceremonies--Pictorial works 1
- Indians of North America--New Mexico--Rites and ceremonies--Pictorial works 1
- Interviews 1
- Istanbul (Turkey) 1 ∧ less
- English 21
- Undetermined 17
- Bandelier, Adolph Francis Alphonse, 1840-1914 3
- Chavez, Angelico, 1910-1996 2
- Anderson, Arthur J. O., 1907-1996 1
- Avery, Jennie M., -1976 1
- Cassidy, Ina Sizer, 1869-1965 1
- Coronado, Francisco Vásquez de, 1510-1554 1
- Cullum, Kate H. 1
- DeHuff, Elizabeth Willis, 1886-1983 1
- Fergusson, Erna, 1888-1964 1
- Fletcher, Alice C. (Alice Cunningham), 1838-1923 1
- Hewett, Edgar L. (Edgar Lee), 1865-1946 1
- Historical Society of New Mexico 1
- Hurd, Peter, 1904-1984 1
- Kraft, Louis, 1947- 1
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 1
- New Mexico Magazine 1
- Prince, L. Bradford (Le Baron Bradford), 1840-1922 1
- Renehan, Alois B., 1869-1928 1
- Robb, J. D. (John Donald), 1892-1989 1
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919 1
- School of American Research (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Tingley, Clyde 1
- Walter, Paul A. F. 1
- Wilder, Thornton, 1897-1975 1 ∧ less