Mesoamerican Codices Collection
Identifier: AC 457
Scope and Content
Collection contains reproduction of nine (9) codices, background information and maps of Mesoamerica.
- Placeholder Unit Date Text
- Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Language of Materials
English Nahuatl Mayan Mixtec
The collection is open for research.
Limited duplication of print materials allowed for research purposes. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
Codices are Mesoamerican hieroglyphic books. They are pictorial and used to describe many different things, such as history, marriages, genealogy and more. The Mayans, Aztecs and Mixtecs all drew Codices. Many Codices did not survive the Spanish Conquistador period, some that did were given European names, i.e. Codex Laud is named after an Englishman. The surviving codices tell us a great deal about Mesoamerican culture, history and way of life.
.25 Linear Feet
- Mesoamerican Codices Collection
- Edited Full Draft
- © 2008
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.