Louis Kraft Collection
Identifier: AC 402
Scope and Content
The collection contains manuscripts for Louis Kraft's books (originals, edits, drafts); correspondence with friends, critics, writers, as it relates to Kraft's publications; magazine articles and lectures written by Kraft; his books; and photos of Kraft. Includes materials and script for the two-act play by Louis Kraft "An Evening with Ned Wynkoop."
- 1982 - (open end)
- Kraft, Louis, 1947- (Person)
Language of Materials
The collection is open for research.
Limited duplication of print materials allowed for research purposes. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
Louis Kraft is an independent writer of fiction and non-fiction about the Old West. He was born in 1947 in New York and has made his home in Southern California. He graduated as a theater major in 1969 from California State University, Northridge. After many years acting he turned his interest to writing. He has written extensively on George Armstrong Custer, Indian Agent Edward W. Wynkoop, Cheyennes, Apaches, and Geronimo. His works include The Final Showdown (fiction), Gatewood and Geronimo, Custer and the Cheyenne, Custer and His Times, and a two-act play "An Evening with Ned Wynkoop," and Lt. Charles Gatewood and His Apache Wars Memoir." He is a member of the Western History Association and Western Writers of America. He has also written numerous articles on baseball.
16.00 Linear Feet
Photos have been transferred to Photo Archives (ACP 010). For folder level inventory of photos, see end of finding aid.
- Fray Angelico Chavez History Library
- P.O. Box 2087
- The Palace of the Governors
- Santa Fe, NM 87504-2087
- Phone: (+)505-476-5090
- Fax: (+)505-476-5053
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- URL: http://www.palaceofthegovernors.org/library.html
- Inventory of the Louis Kraft Collection, 1982 - (open end)
- Processed by Kathryn Robens
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English[OCLC 64432380]
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.