Luther L. Lyon Collection
Identifier: AC 141
Scope and Content
This collection contains historical film and photographic research material of photographic and related matter depicting Native Americans at tribal dances and celebrations. Most of the collection consists of photocopied items from other repositories. The topical organization of the papers is Luther Lyan's creation.
Language of Materials
Duplication allowed for research purposes. User responsible for all copyright compliance.
Luther L. ("Luke") Lyon Jr. (1919-1988) of Los Alamos, NM, spent most of his career as a nuclear chemist. Upon his retirement, he turned to film and photographic history, concerned particularly with the rituals and customs of Native Americans. He became a researcher on the history of photography of Indian ceremonies in the American Southwest
1.5 Linear Feet
- Fray AngÃ©lico ChÃ¡vez History Library
- The Palace of the Governors
- P.O. 2087
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504-2087, U.S.A.
- Phone: (+)505.476.5090
- Fax: (+)505.476.5093
- Email: email@example.com
- URL: www.palaceofthegovernors.org
- Guide to the Luther L. Lyon Collection, 1880-1988
- Edited Full Draft
- Processed by Library Staff
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//Museum of New Mexico::Fray Angelico Chavez History Library//TEXT (US::NmSM::AC 141::Luther L. Lyon Collection)//EN" "nmsm1ac141.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.