Chellis Glendinning Collection
Identifier: AC 477
Scope and Content
Collection consists of books, articles, poetry, audio recordings and short stories by New Mexico author Chellis Glendinning. Also included are various interviews, correspondence and magazine articles on Glendinning's work in the areas of psychology, feminism, environmentalism, ecopsychology and political activism.
Language of Materials
The collection is open for research.
Limited duplication of print materials allowed for research purposes. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
Chellis Glendinning (b.June 18, 1947) is a noted New Mexican author, political activist and licensed psychotherapist. She is most known for her work in the field of ecopsychology and has written extensively on the subject of technology and its negative impact on society. Glendinning graduated from the University of California Berkeley in 1969, later receiving her Ph.D in psychology from Columbia Pacific University in 1984. Having written 5 books and contributed to a number of journals, newspapers and magazines Glendinning won the 2000 National Federation of Press Women Book Award for her work Off the Map. In 2006 Glendinning won the same award for her book Chiva which highlighted the devastating impact of the heroin trade on Northern New Mexican communities. In 1989 Glendinning was honored by the New Mexico Council for the Humanities First Times Award for Short Story Writing. As well as being named Best Local Writer by the Rio Grande Sun of Espanola Glendinning has also been recognized for her work in support of underrepresented Native American and Indo-Hispano communities of Northern New Mexico.
2 Linear Feet
- Audio archive
- Authors, American -- 20th century
- Authors, American -- 21st century
- Chimayo (N.M.)
- Civilization, Modern -- 20th century -- Psychological aspects
- Compact discs
- Computer files
- Drug abuse --Psychological aspects
- Heroin abuse -- New Mexico -- Chimayo -- History
- Holistic Health
- Human ecology -- Psychological aspects
- Illegal aliens
- Imperialism -- Psychological aspects
- Nature -- Psychological aspects
- Nuclear energy -- Psychological aspects
- Political activists -- United States -- New Mexico.
- Santa Fe (N.M.)
- Technology -- Social aspects
- United States -- Foreign relations
- United States --Emigration and immigration
- Finding Aid of the Chellis Glendinning Collection,
- Edited Full Draft
- Laura Kohl
- ©2009, ©2013
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.