Showing Collections: 26 - 50 of 84
Holm O. Bursum Papers
Scope and Content The materials in the collection document Holm O. Bursum's personal life as well as his business and political careers. Correspondence, documents, and news clippings chronicle Bursum's ranching activities, his tenure as warden at the New Mexico State Penitentiary, various election campaigns, Republican Party involvements, and legislative activities. It includes documents relating to the controversial Indian Lands Bill, commonly known as the Bursum Bill. Albert B. Fall, Bronson Cutting and Elfego...
Hubbell Family Papers,
Scope and Content Collection consists of Santiago L. Hubbell's papers, deeds to the Pajarito property, Philip Hubbell's papers, and miscellaneous family papers. Santiago's papers include correspondence, business records, military orders, and sutler records. Items included are a muster roll for Hubbell's Company of New Mexican Mounted Volunteers (1861) and a 1859 translation of Juan Jose Lucero's account of his 1847 campaign against the Navajos. Philip's papers include personal and business records. Included are...
James Gillespie Hamilton Papers
Abstract This collection is comprised of the typed transcription of a series of letters written by James Gillespie Hamilton to his wife, Cornelia Bernard Hamilton during an overland trip from Westport, Missouri to California; August 26, 1857-April 15, 1858. Letters are copied and typed by his granddaughter, Katherine Jones Moore, and prefaced with a brief family history.
Dates: 1857 August 26-1858 April 15
James Josiah Webb Correspondence
Identifier: MSS -232 -SC
Abstract The James J. Webb Correspondence consists of ten hand-written letters discussing business practices and salaries related to Webb's trading business and politics in New Mexico.
John A. Clark Papers,
Identifier: AC 044
Scope and Content Collection consists of 25 journals (1861-1868) kept by John A. Clark, Surveyor of the Territory of New Mexico, a typescript of the journals, and a Confederate Army broadside from 1862. The 25 journals contain 1,943 handwritten diary pages, 48 hand drawn maps, about 50 pages, notes, expenses, lists of distances and miscellaneous sketches. Kitty Shishkin has done the typescript copy of the journals. The journals give detailed daily accounts of the writer's official and personal...
Found in: Fray Angélico Chávez History Library
John Paul Delgado Collection,
Scope and Content Collection consists of the John Paul Delgado papers (1910-1992) and the military papers of Manuel Delgado (1774-1804). The bulk of the collection covers the years 1910-1992. John Paul Delgado papers include some materials concerning his grandfather Benjamin Read, genealogical materials concerning the Delgado Family, and various clippings and other materials concerning John Paul Delgado's acting career. Also includes black and white photographs of John Paul and the Delgado Family, photocopies of...
Dates: 1774-1992 (bulk 1910-1992)
Josephine Barela Papers
Abstract This collection contains documents pertaining to San Rafael (New Mexico) resident and author Josephine Barela and her publication, Ojo del Gallo.
Dates: 1875-1976; Majority of material found in 1971-1975
Juan Baptist Coca Last Will and Testament,
Abstract This collection is comprised of the last will and testament of Juan Baptist Coca of Ranchos de Taos, New Mexico. It is dated 1898.
L. Bradford Prince Papers,
Scope and Content Collection consists of the personal papers and research materials of L. Bradford Prince. The political issues and elections series includes political cartoons and clippings, documentation on the governorship of Miguel A. Otero including the Otero-Burke-Sherman alleged public land fraud (1908), documentation on the removal of Governor Herbert Hagerman from office (1907), legislative bills (1892-1921), and clippings and notes pertaining to several New Mexico political elections. The contemporary...
Lansing B. Bloom Papers,
Scope and Content The collection is divided into two series: Lansing Bloom Personal Papers/AGI Research and the John Gregory Bourke Papers. The Bloom series, which is box 1 of the collection, contains Bloom's private papers and descriptive lists of hundreds of documents pertaining to Northern Mexico, New Mexico and Southwest history from the AGI that Bloom located and copied. The numbers in the lists that he assigned to the documents also appear on the photostats of the documents themselves in the...
Dates: 1540-1946 (bulk 1870-1946)
Lucien A. File Research Files,
Scope and Content Collection consists of the research files of Lucien A. File. Included are research documents, index cards, maps, black and white photographs, and an unfinished manuscript pertaining to mining in New Mexico. A timetable of the history of New Mexico mining is contained within the manuscript. Subjects included are ghost towns, inhabited towns, counties, forts, mining history and locations, and New Mexican history. Also included are clippings pertaining to nearly 300 prominent New Mexicans. Related...
Manuel Alvarez Papers,
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of Alvarez's business, consular, and personal correspondence. Correspondents include numerous officials, customers, merchants, and suppliers in New Mexico, St. Louis, New Orleans, New York, and London. Subjects discussed include the Santa Fe Trail, trade relations between the United States and New Mexico, and New Mexico politics and statehood. Items of note are five Alvarez ledgers (1834-1855), a journal of campsites along the Santa Fe Trail, a partial English copy...
Manuel Antonio Chaves Collection,
Identifier: AC 039
Scope and Content The Manuel Antonio Chaves papers contain correspondence and transcriptions concerning Manuel Antonio Chaves' ancestry and military career. Much of the correspondence is written by his son, Amado Chaves. Marc Simmons assembled the addenda to the Manuel Antonio Chaves Collection. The file contains copies of documentation of Manuel Antonio Chaves' military career between 1861 and 1863.
Most of the papers in this collection are xerox copies.
Most of the papers in this collection are xerox copies.
Found in: Fray Angélico Chávez History Library
Marion Dargan Papers
Scope and Content The collection primarily contains notes taken in preparation for writing, "New Mexico's Fight for Statehood, 1895-1912," which appeared in the New Mexico Historical Review from 1939 to 1943. It includes biographical data on Miguel Antonio Otero, Harvey Butler Fergusson, Thomas B. Catron, Herbert Hagerman, Shandon Bernard Rodey and others; excerpts from newspapers; quotations from documents; and correspondence with those involved in the statehood fight...
Dates: 1890-1943 (bulk 1890-1912)
Maxwell Land Grant Company Records
Scope and Content This collection documents the operations of the Maxwell Land Grant Company, primarily in New Mexico. It contains 75 bound volumes of letters; 83 bound volumes of ledgers, cash books, journals, etc., and 2 scrapbooks. There are 85 archival boxes containing bank statements, cancelled checks, land contracts, financial statements, correspondence, maps, leases, legal documents, vouchers, receipts, and annual reports of the Maxwell Land Grant Co. and its related business enterprises. The Maxwell...
New Mexico Adjutant General Records,
Scope and Content As of 1997 collection consists of records of the New Mexico Adjutant General, National Guard, and Office of Military Affairs (1847-1988). Includes administrative correspondence, field reports, general and special orders, ledger books, enlistment and discharge documents, casualty records, photographs, clippings, muster rolls from New Mexico volunteer militias and National Guard (1847-1917), and annual reports for various years between 1875 and 1962. Much of the material concerns the involvement...
New Mexico American Revolution Bicentennial Commission Records,
Scope and Content Collection consists of records of the New Mexico American Revolution Bicentennial Commission (1969-1977). Includes annual and other reports, administrative correspondence, promotional documents, clippings, audio tapes, and video tapes. Much of the material concerns local projects and events throughout New Mexico, including documents on federal and state funding for these activities.
New Mexico Attorney General Records,
Scope and Content As of 1997 collection consists of records of the New Mexico Attorney General and the New Mexico Solicitor General (1892-1995). Includes case files, administrative correspondence, annual reports, legal opinions, letterpress copybooks, financial documents, extraditions, and various legal documents. Materials in the collection concern both general issues such as civil rights and consumer protection, and specific matters such as the 1980 riot at the state penitentiary, and the activities of Alianza...
New Mexico Board of Nursing Records, .
Scope and Content As of 1999, collection consists of records of the New Mexico Board of Nursing and its predecessors: the Board of Nurses' Examiners; and the Board of Examiners for Graduate Nurses (1932-1984). Includes minutes (1977-1983); reports (1955-1974), annual reports (1969-1984); bulletins (1971-1984); a manual for schools of nursing (1965); a roster of nurses (1966); rules and regulations (1939-1977); and financial papers (1932-1979), including audits (1932-1968). Records include some certificates and...
New Mexico Capitol Buildings Improvement Commission Records,
Scope and Content Collection consists of records of the New Mexico Capitol Buildings Improvement Commission and other territorial and state agencies charged with the duties of construction, maintenance, improvement, and supervision of territorial and state government buildings and lands, particularly those located in the state capital of Santa Fe (1853-1968). Includes records of the New Mexico Public Buildings Commission (1853-1873); Capitol Rebuilding Commission (1892-1901); Capitol Custodian Committee...
New Mexico Department of Corrections Records,
Scope and Content As of 1997 collection consists of the records of the New Mexico Penitentiary, the Corrections Department, and its predecessors (1884-1990). Some penitentiary records pertain to county and federal inmates. Include are registers of prisoners, visitors, and parolees; annual reports; correspondence; case files; conduct records; medical records; account books; and intake records that usually include an image of the inmate. Intake records are files by inmate number. Includes annual and other reports,...
New Mexico Department of Education Records,
Scope and Content As of 1997 collection consists of records of the New Mexico Department of Education, State Board of Education, State Superintendent of Public Instruction, and their predecessors the Territorial Board of Education, Territorial Superintendent of Schools,and Superintendent of Public Instruction (1847-1988).Includes annual and other reports, minutes, administrative correspondence, directories, certificates, legal documents, laws, rules, one scrapbook of clippings (1905-1908), and one letterpress...
New Mexico Department of Game and Fish Records,
Scope and Content As of 1999 collection consists of records of the New Mexico Department of Game and Fish, Game and Fish Warden, and State Game Commission (1905-1980). Includes annual reports from various years between 1910 and 1977, newsletters for various years between 1950 and 1977, and correspondence (1905-1959). Also within the collection are minutes, rules and regulations, publications, clippings, reports from game surveys, and one letterpress copybook (1905-1906).
New Mexico District Attorneys Coordinator Records,
Scope and Content Collection consists of the records of the New Mexico District Attorneys Coordinator (1973-1975) including records of the New Mexico District Attorneys Association pertaining to the original (1971-1972) and continued (1976-1977) funding of the Coordinator. Included are correspondence, L.E.A.A. grant files, financial records including budgets for the Coordinator and district attorneys, district attorney salary schedules, crime statistics and felony reports for various judicial districts,...
Dates: 1971-1977 (bulk, 1973-1975)
New Mexico Documents Collection
Abstract This collection contains documents pertaining to New Mexico in the years 1758-1876. The collection consists mostly of land records as well as documents regarding New Mexico's status as a non-slave holding Territory.
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 36
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 32
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 16
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 80
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 38
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 25
- Reports 25
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1951- 23
- State government records 22
- Administrative agencies -- New Mexico 21
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 21
- Minutes (Records) 18
- Annual reports 17
- Clippings 16
- Publications 16
- Territorial records 15
- Financial records 12
- Account books 9
- Diaries 7
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 7
- New Mexico -- Politics and government 7
- Scrapbooks 7
- Certificates 6
- Manuscripts 6
- Frontier and pioneer life -- New Mexico 5
- Legal documents 5
- New Mexico -- History, Military 5
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- History 5
- Elections -- New Mexico 4
- Map 4
- Maxwell Land Grant (N.M. and Colo.) 4
- Mines and mineral resources -- New Mexico 4
- New Mexico -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 4
- New Mexico -- Militia 4
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- To 1848 4
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 4
- Photographs 4
- Wills 4
- Black-and-white photographs 3
- Family papers 3
- Folklore -- New Mexico 3
- Inventories 3
- Land tenure -- New Mexico 3
- Letters 3
- Lincoln County (N.M.) -- History 3
- Navajo Indians -- Wars 3
- Newsletters 3
- Orders (military records) 3
- Press releases 3
- Water rights -- New Mexico 3
- Addresses 2
- Alabados 2
- Audits 2
- Authors, American -- New Mexico 2
- Bills, Legislative 2
- Bonds (legal records) 2
- Budgets 2
- Cities and towns -- New Mexico 2
- Conveyances 2
- Correspondence 2
- Courts -- New Mexico 2
- Deeds 2
- Directories 2
- Education --New Mexico 2
- Executive departments -- New Mexico 2
- Frontier and pioneer life--West (U.S.) 2
- Governors -- New Mexico 2
- Governors--New Mexico 2
- Hispanic Americans -- New Mexico 2
- Historians -- New Mexico 2
- Hymns 2
- Indian agents -- New Mexico -- Correspondence 2
- Indians of North America -- Government relations -- Sources 2
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico 2
- Land grants -- New Mexico 2
- Laws 2
- Lawyers -- New Mexico 2
- Legal files 2
- Letterpress copybooks 2
- Manuals 2
- Microfilms 2
- Mines and mineral resources --New Mexico 2
- Mining corporations -- New Mexico 2
- Muster rolls 2
- Natural resources--New Mexico 2
- Navajo Indians -- History -- 19th century 2
- New Mexico -- Commerce 2
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848-1950 2
- New Mexico's Digital Collections 2
- Oral histories 2
- Outlaws -- New Mexico 2
- Pioneers--West (U.S.)--Correspondence 2
- Political campaigns -- New Mexico 2
- Proclamations 2
- Public lands --New Mexico 2
- Pueblo Indians -- Land tenure 2
- Santa Fe Trail 2
- Socorro County (N.M.) -- History 2
- Tax records 2
- Taxation -- New Mexico 2
- Unfinished works 2
- Vocational education -- New Mexico 2
- Vouchers (sales records) 2 ∧ less
- Undetermined 50
- Spanish; Castilian 7
- Chinese 1
- Japanese 1
- Baca, Elfego, 1864-1945 4
- Cutting, Bronson M., 1888-1935 3
- Prince, L. Bradford (Le Baron Bradford), 1840-1922 3
- Tingley, Clyde 3
- Billy, the Kid 2
- Fall, Albert B. (Albert Bacon), 1861-1944 2
- Federal Writers' Project. New Mexico 2
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 2
- Historical Society of New Mexico 2
- University of New Mexico 2
- Anderson, Arthur J. O., 1907-1996 1
- Anderson, Clinton Presba, 1895-1975 1
- Archivo General de la Nación (Mexico) 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railroad Company 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 1
- Aubry, François Xavier, 1824-1854 1
- Axtell, Samuel B. (Samuel Beach), 1819-1891 1
- Bandelier, Adolph Francis Alphonse, 1840-1914 1
- Bent, Charles, 1799-1847 1
- Bloom, Lansing Bartlett, 1880- 1
- Carson, Kit, 1809-1868 1
- Cassidy, Ina Sizer, 1869-1965 1
- Catron, Thomas Benton, 1840-1921 1
- Charles Ilfeld Company 1
- Chavez, Angelico, 1910-1996 1
- Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.) 1
- Clarke, Charles Francis, 1827-1862 1
- Clever, Charles P., 1830-1874 1
- Davis, W. W. H. (William Watts Hart), 1820-1910 1
- Democratic Party (N.M.) 1
- Dillon, Richard Charles, 1877-1966 1
- Dissette, Mary E. 1
- Ellis, Bruce T., 1903- 1
- Fergusson, Erna, 1888-1964 1
- Hagerman, Herbert J. (Herbert James), 1871-1935 1
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 1
- Maxwell Land Grant Company 1
- Maxwell Land Grant and Railway Co 1
- New Mexico Magazine 1
- New Mexico. Coronado Cuarto Centennial Commission 1
- New Mexico. Department of Education 1
- Pyle, Ernie, 1900-1945 1
- Renehan, Alois B., 1869-1928 1
- School of American Research (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Simmons, Marc, 1937- 1
- Stinson, Katherine, 1891-1977 1
- Thorp, N. Howard (Nathan Howard), 1867-1940 1
- United States. Bureau of Indian Affairs 1
- United States. Work Projects Administration 1
- Wilder, Thornton, 1897-1975 1 ∧ less