New Mexico Board of Nursing Records, .
Scope and Content
As of 1999, collection consists of records of the New Mexico Board of Nursing and its predecessors: the Board of Nurses' Examiners; and the Board of Examiners for Graduate Nurses (1932-1984). Includes minutes (1977-1983); reports (1955-1974), annual reports (1969-1984); bulletins (1971-1984); a manual for schools of nursing (1965); a roster of nurses (1966); rules and regulations (1939-1977); and financial papers (1932-1979), including audits (1932-1968). Records include some certificates and licenses.
Language of Materials
Limited duplication allowed for research purposes. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
The Board of Nurses' Examiners was established by a legislative act in 1923 to regulate the practice of nursing in New Mexico (1923 Laws of N.M., Chp. 16, Sec. 1-10). In 1925 the Board was authorized to visit and inspect schools of nursing (1925 Laws of N.M., Chp. 11, Sec. 1-11). In 1937 a legislative act changed the name to Board of Examiners for Graduate Nurses and authorized the Board to prescribe systematic courses of instruction for approved schools of nursing (1937 Laws of N.M., Chp. 200, Sec. 1-14). In 1953 the Nursing Practice Act further defined and regulated the profession of nursing in New Mexico, and changed the Board's name to New Mexico Board of Nursing (1953 Laws of N.M., Chp. 15, Sec. 1-33). In 1986 the administrative functions of the Board of Nursing were placed under the supervision of the Regulation and Licensing Department by Executive Order 86-10. This order was rescinded in 1988 by Executive Order 88-35. The Board is subject to the Sunset Act, which establishes a periodic review and evaluation of the need of continued existence of certain agencies and boards by the Legislature (1981 Laws of N.M., Chp. 241, Sec. 17; 1985 Laws of N.M., Chp. 87, Sec. 2; 1991 Laws of N.M., Chp. 189, Sec. 3-4). The function of the Board of Nursing is to set standards for nursing education, and to conduct examinations or evaluations of nurses to be licensed to practice in New Mexico.
1.5 Linear Feet
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives
- Archives and Historical Services Division
- 1205 Camino Carlos Rey
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505
- Phone: 505-476-7908
- Fax: 505-476-7909
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- URL: http://www.state.nm.us/cpr/ahsd_top.htm
- Administrative agencies -- New Mexico
- Annual reports
- Financial records
- Health occupations licensing boards -- New Mexico
- Minutes (Records)
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848-
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1951-
- Nurses -- Licenses -- New Mexico
- Nursing -- Law and legislation -- New Mexico
- Nursing -- Standards -- New Mexico
- Rules (instructions)
- State government records
- Inventory of the New Mexico Board of Nursing Records, 1932-[ongoing]
- Edited Full Draft
- Processed by Staff
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//New Mexico State Records Center and Archives//TEXT (US::Nm-Ar::1983-036::New Mexico Board of Nursing Records)//EN" "nmar1983-036.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.