Showing Collections: 26 - 50 of 76
Identifier: AC 091-P
Scope and Content One scrapbook of newspaper clippings from New Mexico newspapers in the late 1880s and 1890. Most of the clippings are from the Las Vegas News and the Las Vegas Democrat of Las Vegas, New Mexico. The clippings involve a broad range of topics, including politics, prohibition, and the suicide of Annie Videlle, a teen-age prostitute, in Las Vegas in 1890. One of the clippings includes the statement of purpose from the first issue...
Identifier: UNMA 096
Abstract This collection contains the papers of former UNM President Ferrel Heady. Materials include records of his presidential tenure, transcripts of various off-campus speeches delivered by Heady, and a scrapbook detailing the history of the President’s House on campus, also known as University House.
Abstract The collection consists of photographs, postcards, photomechanical prints, and a scrapbook, ranging in date from 1910 to circa 1970s. The bulk of the collection is related to France V. Scholes, his family, and his time in Mexico.
Identifier: AC 184
Scope and Content Two scrapbooks consisting primarily of undated newspaper clippings covering many topics, including New Mexico politics, Republican Party activities, poetry, family activities, and speeches given by Prichard. There are also several handwritten notes, and some of the newspaper clippings concern the removal of Prichard as U.S. Attorney in Las Vegas.
Scope and Content Collection consists of the political and private papers of Lusk that relate to the 80th Congress (1947-1948), the Veterans' Affairs Committee (1947-1955), War Claims Commission (1947-1953), and education in New Mexico (1931-1958). Included are ten scrapbooks pertaining to her tenure as Superintendent of Public Instruction for the state of New Mexico.
Identifier: AC 075
Scope and Content The Bruce T. Ellis Collection consists of various original and photostatic copies of the Spanish, Mexican and American period of New Mexico's history. Ellis, a former employee of the Museum of New Mexico's History Bureau, collected and saved many of these diverse documents from destruction. The collection is arranged topically and then chronologically.
Abstract Pamphlets and directories of Las Cruces organizations and a scrapbook of Guy Morris’ time at Ft. Bayard, NM from 1918-1919.
Identifier: PAC 055
Scope and Content The collection was acquired in 1992 (HP.1992.54) and 1993 (HP.1993.11) as gifts from the estate of Harold D. Walter's wife, Mae Walter. It includes several hundred black and white prints and negatives and 35mm color slides of New Mexico and Colorado landscapes and buildings, governors of New Mexico and other individuals. Also includes a scrap book contaning 8x10 b and w silver gelatin prints, all taken in New Mexico, Arizona and Mexico during the January, 1940 re-creation of the Coronado...
Dates: 1936 - 1958; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Identifier: AC 064-S
Scope and Content Collection consist of the scrapbook of Harry H. Dorman, 1907-1912. The bulk of the clippings are from the New Mexican and the Eagle, a weekly publication for all of Santa Fe County. Subjects discussed are: politics, statehood, official appointments, tourism, development, Elephant Butte Dam, the Phelps-Dodge company indictment for land fraud, Judge Robert W. Archibald's impeachment from the United States Court of Commerce, and...
Abstract Personal and professional papers dating from the 1930s of Howard S. Beacham, Otero County sheriff, federal prohibition agent and restauranteur from Alamogordo, NM.
Dates: 1932 - 2001
Scope and Content Collection consists of Santiago L. Hubbell's papers, deeds to the Pajarito property, Philip Hubbell's papers, and miscellaneous family papers. Santiago's papers include correspondence, business records, military orders, and sutler records. Items included are a muster roll for Hubbell's Company of New Mexican Mounted Volunteers (1861) and a 1859 translation of Juan Jose Lucero's account of his 1847 campaign against the Navajos. Philip's papers include personal and business records. Included are...
Identifier: AC 071
Scope and Content Included in this collection are Isabel Eckles' memorabilia, personal correspondence and papers pertaining to her various interests. Among the photocopied documents are memoirs written by Addison M. Williams and edited by E. Dana Johnson including poems, short stories, and a 79 page autobiography titled: "My Yesterdays: The Autobiography of an Ordinary Citizen: A Narrative of Early Days from Ohio to Old Santa Fe and Montana. Sidelights on the Formative Period in Some Far Western...
Identifier: AC 060-S
Scope and Content These scrapbooks of clippings, primarily from New Mexican newspapers, cover the years of John Joseph Dempsey's political career from his first campaign for the U.S. Senate (1940) and his appointment as Under-Secretary of the Interior that same year, through his two terms as Governor of New Mexico (1942-1946). In all, there are 14 scrapbooks with a folder containing a few clippings from 1948. The first scrapbook (1940-1941) consists of clippings concerned only with his Senatorial...
Identifier: AC 118
Scope and Content The Jones Collection covers the years from 1844 to 1969 and deals mainly with the Jones family history in Ohio, Wisconsin, Iowa and New Mexico. There is an extensive amount of material on Amistad, N.M. and Hawkeye, Iowa. Material includes papers from the Godlove and Brown families of the Amistad area, as well as general material on homesteading, turn-of-the-century education and social history. On August 7, 1975 Clara May Daves of Albuquerque donated a scrapbook to the Jones...
Abstract This collection consists of correspondence, news clippings, administrative materials and scrapbooks relating to Keep New Mexico Beautiful, Inc. It documents the organization's participation in civic beautification and environmental education.
Identifier: AC 576
Scope and Content This collection covers the history, organization, anniversaries, and the activities of the LWVSFC from its founding in 1951 to the early 2000’s, along with their relationship with the state and national organizations.
Dates: 1952 - 1995
Abstract Scrapbooks documenting life on University of New Mexico campus.
Identifier: AC 134
Scope and Content The Lincoln County Collection consists of approximately ten feet of business, financial, and personal documents arranged topically and then chronologically after their transfer to the Museum of New Mexico from the Lincoln County, New Mexico Courthouse.
Dates: 1885-1976; 7-1-1887);
Abstract Manuscript and photographs from twelve-year-old Lois Stone Allen from Boston who took a trip with her grandfather to California in 1912.
Abstract The collection primarily contains scrapbooks, journals, and writings of a more personal and non-academic nature. Correspondence relates to personal as well as academic topics.
Abstract Collection is comprised of materials relating to Miguel Caro and the Mexican Fiesta Dance Company of Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Scope and Content As of 1997 collection consists of records of the New Mexico Department of Education, State Board of Education, State Superintendent of Public Instruction, and their predecessors the Territorial Board of Education, Territorial Superintendent of Schools,and Superintendent of Public Instruction (1847-1988).Includes annual and other reports, minutes, administrative correspondence, directories, certificates, legal documents, laws, rules, one scrapbook of clippings (1905-1908), and one letterpress...
Scope and Content Collection consists of the records of the New Mexico Legislative Energy Committee (1975-1977). Includes minutes, administrative records, subject files, desk files of Chairman John J. Mershon, and three scrapbooks and unmounted newspaper clippings on energy subjects. Administrative records include correspondence, briefs, budgets, press releases, and reports to the Legislature. Subject files contain reports from state, interstate, and federal agencies.
Abstract Records of the state executive board and individual state chapters for the women's philanthropic association.
Abstract The records document the activities of the UNM New Mexico Alpha Chapter of the Pi Beta Phi women’s fraternity in scrapbooks, photographs, slides, newspaper clippings, film, photographic negatives, and event programs.
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 28
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 27
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 10
- New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections 8
- New Mexico Highlands University 1
- Clippings 33
- Photographs 27
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 10
- Account books 8
- Diaries 7
- Letters 7
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 7
- Publications 6
- Reports 6
- Financial records 5
- Postcards 5
- Administrative agencies -- New Mexico 4
- Certificates 4
- Correspondence 4
- Manuscripts 4
- Minutes (Records) 4
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 4
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 4
- Pamphlets 4
- Authors, American -- New Mexico 3
- Ephemera 3
- Family histories 3
- Festivals -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 3
- Genealogy 3
- Governors -- New Mexico 3
- New Mexico -- History -- 20th century 3
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 3
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1951- 3
- Addresses 2
- Annual reports 2
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Taos 2
- Black-and-white photographs 2
- By-laws 2
- College students -- New Mexico 2
- Constitutions 2
- Europe--Description and travel 2
- Exhibition catalogs 2
- Family papers 2
- Las Cruces (N.M.) -- History 2
- Las Vegas (N.M.) -- History 2
- Lawyers -- New Mexico 2
- Letterpress copybooks 2
- Map 2
- Maxwell Land Grant (N.M. and Colo.) 2
- Mural painting and decoration 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government 2
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 2
- Newsletters 2
- Photograph albums 2
- Poems 2
- Programs 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Commerce 2
- Tourism -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 2
- Yearbooks 2
- (Buffalo, N.Y.) -- Travel 1
- Academic freedom 1
- Acoma Pueblo (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- African American Baseball Players 1
- Alabados 1
- Albums (Books) 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Bands 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Newspapers 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Photographs 1
- Allen, Lois Stone--Archives. 1
- Allen, Lois Stone. Ismailia or a Young Girl’s Trip to California with Ismailia--Manuscripts. 1
- Ambassadors -- United States 1
- Amistad (N.M.) -- History 1
- Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine for North America. Ismailia Temple 1
- Anton Chico (N.M.) -- Commerce 1
- Anton Chico Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Apache Indians -- Government relations. 1
- Arbor Day 1
- Archaeology -- New Mexico 1
- Architects -- New Mexico 1
- Architects--California 1
- Architecture -- Calilfornia 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico 1
- Architecture and solar radiation--California 1
- Architecture and solar radiation--New Mexico 1
- Art -- New Mexico -- Taos 1
- Art, modern -- 20th Century -- New Mexico -- Taos 1
- Art--New Mexico--Santa Fe 1
- Articles 1
- Artists -- New Mexico 1
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Artists--California 1
- Associations, institutions, etc. -- New Mexico -- Las Cruces -- History 1
- Associations, institutions, etc.--New Mexico--History--Sources. 1
- Associations, institutions, etc.--New Mexico--Las Cruces--Directories. 1
- Athletes -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Athletics -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Attorneys general -- New Mexico 1
- Attorneys--New Mexico 1
- Authors, American -- Kansas 1
- Automobile travel -- New Mexico. 1
- Aztec (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Bandelier National Monument (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Bands (Music) – New Mexico 1
- Banks and banking--New Mexico--Lincoln County 1 ∧ less
- Undetermined 33
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- University of New Mexico. Students 4
- School of American Research (Santa Fe, N.M.) 3
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 2
- Fred Harvey (Firm) 2
- Hewett, Edgar L. (Edgar Lee), 1865-1946 2
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919 2
- Albuquerque High School (Albuquerque, N.M.) 1
- American G.I. Forum 1
- Anthony Women's Civic Club of Anthony, New Mexico-Texas 1
- Austin, Mary, 1868-1934 1
- Baumann, Gustave, 1881-1971 1
- Berninghaus, Oscar E. (Oscar Edmund), 1874-1952 1
- Billy, the Kid 1
- Blumenschein, E. L. (Ernest Leonard), 1874-1960 1
- Carrie Tingley Hospital for Crippled Children 1
- Cassidy, Gerald, 1869-1934 1
- Cassidy, Ina Sizer, 1869-1965 1
- Curry, Albert 1
- Curry, George, 1861-1947 1
- Democratic Party (N.M.) 1
- Dorman, H.H. (Henry Howard), 1872-1960 1
- Friends of the Pueblo Indians 1
- Garcia, Hector P., 1914-1996 1
- Hagerman, Herbert J. (Herbert James), 1871-1935 1
- Heady, Ferrel 1
- Henderson, Alice Oliver 1
- Historical Society of New Mexico 1
- Hudspeth, Andrew Hutchins, 1874- 1
- Keep New Mexico Beautiful, Inc 1
- Lewis, Vivian Louise, 1925-1964 1
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 1
- Mechem, E. L. (Edwin Leard), 1912-2002 1
- New Mexico Highlands University 1
- New Mexico Normal University 1
- New Mexico. Department of Education 1
- Phelps Dodge Corporation 1
- Prince, L. Bradford (Le Baron Bradford), 1840-1922 1
- Renehan, Alois B., 1869-1928 1
- Roubal and Associates 1
- Roubal, Gerald 1
- Scholes, France V. (France Vinton), 1897-1979 1
- School of American Archaeology (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Taos Society of Artists 1
- Tellez, Isabelle Ogaz 1
- Tellez, Louis 1
- Thomas, B. M. (Benjamin Morris), 1843-1892 1
- United States. Army. Volunteer Cavalry, 1st 1
- United States. Work Projects Administration 1
- University of New Mexico 1
- University of New Mexico. Faculty Women's Club 1
- Upper Iowa University 1
- Walter, Paul A. F. 1
- Waste Isolation Pilot Plant (N.M.) 1
- Weigle, Marta 1 ∧ less