Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 53
Identifier: AC 012
Scope and Content The Bandelier collection consists of artifacts, documents, illustrations, maps, and photographs. For the most part all are in stable condition. The bulk of the collection came to the library upon the death of Mrs. Fanny Ritter Bandelier in accordance with the terms of her will. Other Bandelier memorabilia and artifacts were donated by various persons who were friends of the Bandeliers. Journals Of the document portion of the collection,...
Dates: August 28-December 15 -
Identifier: AC 070-P
Scope and Content Collection consists of material related to Dyer's involvement in the Taos Revolt.
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of official government documents from New Mexico's various historical governments: its Spanish colonial government (1684-1821), its Mexican government (1821-1846), and its American government (1846-1863). Subjects included are the reconquest of New Mexico, the collection of taxes, official appointments, Indian affairs, and religious matters. Items of note are Diego de Vargas' journal of the Reconquest (1694-1790), Commandante General Pedro de Nava's refusal of...
Identifier: AC 180-P
Scope and Content Collection consists of a typescript and a translation of the report by Mexican commander Antonio Ponce de Leon on the Battle of Brazito during the Mexican War.
Identifier: AC 231
Scope and Content Collection consists of handwritten originals, German typescripts, and typed English translations of letters from Carl Blumner to his mother Johanna Blumner and his sister Hannchen in Prussia concerning his and his brother August's activities in Santa Fe. The letters were written between 1936-1909, and include a few attached letters by his brother August as well as a few letters by his son. Collection also includes genealogies of the Blumner familiy, and an obituary of Carl Blumner. Letters...
Abstract This collection is comprised of business and private papers pertaining to Abram Contreras, Felipe Peralta, Emiliano Contreras and their relatives who resided in Socorro County, central New Mexico, in the late 1800s and early 1900s.
Scope and Content This is a collection of nine Spanish language documents from the Spanish, Mexican, and Territorial periods of New Mexico, dating from 1792-1871. Five of the documents provide an insightful view of New Mexico society, government, defense, and economy during the late Spanish colonial period. Two each are from the Mexican and Territorial periods. The censuses for 1792 and 1796 have demographic breakdowns giving married persons, widowers, bachelors, and children, servants, Indians, and mestizos,...
Abstract The collection contains selected Spanish documents copied from the Archivo General de La Nación and other archives in Mexico City, with related transcriptions and notes. The collection is mainly focused on the colonial history of New Mexico and New Spain, with some materials for the Caribbean, Latin America and the U.S. Borderlands.
Identifier: AC 574
Scope and Content Collection contains material associated with a 1976 trail ride commemorating the original 1776 Dominguez y Escalante Expedition trail through New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, and Arizona. This material documents the preliminaries and life on the trail through diaries, journals, and newspapers.
Scope and Content Collection consists of Donaciano Vigil's military, family, and personal papers which span the Spanish, Mexican, and U.S. Territorial periods of New Mexico history. Spanish period documents contain land conveyances and abstracts of land primarily in Santa Fe (1770-1803), an inventory of civil and criminal proceedings (1766-1767), and a will (1820). Mexican period documents cover a wide range of New Mexico subjects. Some of the subjects are Vigil's military career (1834-1841), military affairs...
Dates: 1727-1877, bulk 1841-1877
Scope and Content Collection consists of Woodward's personal papers and research materials collected and created in the process of the publication of her doctoral thesis and of various articles on the Penitentes (a grassroots Catholic group) of Northern New Mexico. Includes correspondence with various persons and institutions (1933-1949), two notebooks and a diary (1925-1928), and a scrapbook (1938). Notebooks and diary pertain to Woodward's travels to Europe and Hobbs, New Mexico. Research materials consist of...
Dates: 1542-1957 (bulk 1852-1957)
Identifier: AC 040
Scope and Content Collection consists of the personal papers of ChÃ¡vez. Includes typed manuscripts, letters sent and received, certificates, biographical materials, and newspaper clippings. Among the letters are correspondence with various publishers and ChÃ¡vez's friend Frederick L. Grillo, as well as letters received from individuals such as Thornton Wilder, Paul Horgan, Erna Fergusson, Peter Hurd, and Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis. Collection also includes materials concerning the publication of ChÃ¡vez's poem...
Identifier: AC 086
Scope and Content Assorted papers including correspondence, memoranda, misc. documents and notes. Draft manuscripts on various New Mexico personalities and subjects. Eleven donated books integrated into museum collection. Articles and clippings were integrated into the libray's verticle files.
Abstract Partial hand written contemporaneous copy originals (10 leaves) of communications by Francisco Cuerbo y Valdes, Governor of New Mexico to Viceroy of New Spain in Mexico City related to affairs in New Mexico and particularly in Albuquerque.
Scope and Content Collection consists of official papers of Governor Price. Includes one letter from Price to Manuel Vigil giving permission to search for livestock lost during the Taos Revolt of 1847; one letter to Price from Padre Antonio Jose Martinez requesting clemency for participants in the Taos Revolt; and one photograph of a letter sent by Price to an unknown recipient. Only the letter from Price to Vigil was microfilmed in the Territorial Archives of New Mexico; the other documents in this collection...
Identifier: AC 075
Scope and Content The Bruce T. Ellis Collection consists of various original and photostatic copies of the Spanish, Mexican and American period of New Mexico's history. Ellis, a former employee of the Museum of New Mexico's History Bureau, collected and saved many of these diverse documents from destruction. The collection is arranged topically and then chronologically.
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of business records of the Historical Society of New Mexico and a broad range of historical documents. The business records include annual and biennial reports, and vouchers for the purchase of materials by the Historical Society of New Mexico. Most of the historical documents relate to political, military, and religious matters in New Mexico from the seventeenth to twentieth centuries. Includes an 1822 judgement by Cabildo president Manuel Baca quieting title to...
Dates: 1685-1930 (bulk 1830-1920)
Identifier: AC 036
Scope and Content The collection includes Cassidy's correspondence, manuscripts, and newspaper clippings dealing with Pueblo Indians. Also included are copies of correspondence by Richard Kern, who was an artist on the Fremont Expedition of 1848-49.
Dates: 1921-1961; 1848-49; 1912; 1935-1939
Abstract As one of the leading historians of New Mexico and the Spanish Southwest, John L. Kessell conducted extensive research in these areas. This collection includes photocopies of some of the primary source materials he used for his scholarship, as well as notes, correspondence, manuscripts, and other research materials.
Scope and Content Collection consists of the John Paul Delgado papers (1910-1992) and the military papers of Manuel Delgado (1774-1804). The bulk of the collection covers the years 1910-1992. John Paul Delgado papers include some materials concerning his grandfather Benjamin Read, genealogical materials concerning the Delgado Family, and various clippings and other materials concerning John Paul Delgado's acting career. Also includes black and white photographs of John Paul and the Delgado Family, photocopies of...
Dates: 1774-1992 (bulk 1910-1992)
Abstract This collection contains documents pertaining to San Rafael (New Mexico) resident and author Josephine Barela and her publication, Ojo del Gallo.
Dates: 1875-1976; Majority of material found in 1971-1975
Identifier: AC 143
Scope and Content A bound collection of sixty-one pages of letters and testimony concerning New Mexico and dating from circa 1785 until 1835. The documents were gathered in Spain as the result of two petitions (one in 1785, one in 1835) by Martinez de Montoya's descendants to inherit the noble rights received by him in 1606. This collection's transcripts of documents are especially important because they are notarized by Spanish officials as accurate and suggest an earlier date for the founding of Santa Fe than...
Scope and Content Collection consists of the personal papers and research materials of L. Bradford Prince. The political issues and elections series includes political cartoons and clippings, documentation on the governorship of Miguel A. Otero including the Otero-Burke-Sherman alleged public land fraud (1908), documentation on the removal of Governor Herbert Hagerman from office (1907), legislative bills (1892-1921), and clippings and notes pertaining to several New Mexico political elections. The contemporary...
Scope and Content This collection consists of Spanish language documents from 18th and 19th century New Mexico, 1800s circulars from New Mexico printing presses and the personal papers of Le Baron Bradford Prince. Personal papers include family, business, and political correspondence, invitations to the Trans-Mississippi and International Exposition and to a dinner/dance given by the Society of Mayflower Descendants, as well as a circular for the lecture series, "Romance of the South West" given by...
Identifier: AC 020
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of photostats and photocopies of a broad range of historical documents, reports, and publications from the Archivo General de Indias in Seville, Spain, and Biblioteca Nacional in Mexico City, and the Bibloteca Archignasio Mezzofanti-Manoscritti in Bologna, Italy. Bloom's correspondence regarding the acquisition of these materials are included. The collection contains approx. 1100 index cards with entries of FRanciscan missionaries to New Mexico from pre-1691 to...
- Subject: New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 X
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 18
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 18
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 17
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 52
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 23
- Diaries 10
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 8
- Reports 8
- Wills 8
- Account books 7
- Clippings 7
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 7
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- To 1848 7
- Conveyances 6
- Manuscripts 5
- Minutes (Records) 5
- New Mexico -- History, Military 5
- New Mexico -- Politics and government 5
- Taos (N.M.) -- History 5
- Annual reports 4
- Decrees 4
- Land tenure -- New Mexico 4
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 4
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 4
- Orders (military records) 4
- Authors, American -- New Mexico 3
- Black-and-white photographs 3
- Estate inventories 3
- Governors -- New Mexico 3
- Legal documents 3
- New Mexico -- Militia 3
- Publications 3
- Pueblo Revolt, 1680 3
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- History 3
- Santa Fe Trail 3
- Scrapbooks 3
- State government records 3
- Taxation -- New Mexico 3
- Administrative agencies -- New Mexico 2
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History 2
- Americans --Mexico 2
- Apache Indians -- New Mexico 2
- Chimayo (N.M.) -- History 2
- Family papers 2
- Financial records 2
- Franciscans --Missions--New Mexico 2
- Genealogy 2
- Historians -- New Mexico 2
- Land grants -- New Mexico 2
- Land tenure--New Mexico 2
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico 2
- Land titles --Registration and transfer--New Mexico 2
- Map 2
- Mexican War, 1846-1848 -- New Mexico 2
- Mexico -- History -- Spanish colony, 1540-1810 2
- Muster rolls 2
- Navajo Indians -- Wars 2
- New Mexico -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1951- 2
- New Mexico--Ethnic relations 2
- Newspapers 2
- Photographs 2
- Provincias Internas (New Spain) --History 2
- Pueblo Indians -- Land tenure 2
- Pueblo Indians --History 2
- Spain --Colonies--America--Administration 2
- Territorial records 2
- Translations 2
- Unfinished works 2
- Water rights -- New Mexico 2
- Abiquiu (N.M.) 1
- Abiquiu (N.M.) -- History 1
- Actors -- New Mexico 1
- Administrative records 1
- Agriculture --New Mexico--History 1
- Alabados 1
- Alaska -- Exploration and discovery -- Russian -- History 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Directories 1
- Americans -- Mexico 1
- Apache Indians -- History 1
- Apache Indians -- Wars -- Pictorial works 1
- Apostasy 1
- Archaeology -- Mexico 1
- Archaeology -- Southwest, New 1
- Archives --New Mexico--Catalogs 1
- Arizona--History 1
- Armories --New Mexico 1
- Articles 1
- Artists -- New Mexico 1
- Audits 1
- Autobiographies 1
- Battlefields -- New Mexico 1
- Blacks -- Mexico -- History -- Sources 1
- Bonds (legal records) 1
- Brazito (N.M.), Battle of, 1846 1
- Broadsides 1
- Business--New Mexico 1
- California--History -- to 1846 1
- Cathedral Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Cathedrals--New Mexico--Santa Fe 1
- Celebrities --New Mexico 1
- Celebrities--New Mexico 1
- Census records 1 ∧ less
- English 43
- Undetermined 35
- Spanish; Castilian 17
- German 1
- Prince, L. Bradford (Le Baron Bradford), 1840-1922 5
- Bent, Charles, 1799-1847 3
- Bloom, Lansing Bartlett, 1880- 2
- Historical Society of New Mexico 2
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 2
- Anza, Juan Bautista de, 1735-1788 1
- Applegate, Frank G. (Frank Guy), 1881-1931 1
- Aubry, François Xavier, 1824-1854 1
- Austin, Mary, 1868-1934 1
- Bandelier, Adolph Francis Alphonse, 1840-1914 1
- Carson, Kit, 1809-1868 1
- Cassidy, Gerald, 1869-1934 1
- Cassidy, Ina Sizer, 1869-1965 1
- Charles Ilfeld Company 1
- Chavez, Angelico, 1910-1996 1
- Coronado, Francisco Vásquez de, 1510-1554 1
- Davis, W. W. H. (William Watts Hart), 1820-1910 1
- Fall, Albert B. (Albert Bacon), 1861-1944 1
- Hagerman, Herbert J. (Herbert James), 1871-1935 1
- La Fonda (Hotel : Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- New Mexico Magazine 1
- Renehan, Alois B., 1869-1928 1
- School of American Research (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Tingley, Clyde 1
- Wilder, Thornton, 1897-1975 1 ∧ less