Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 28
Identifier: AC 065
Scope and Content Supported by photographs now in Photo Archives, History Bureau, Museum of New Mexico, this collection (hereafter cited as the La Fonda Hotel Collection) consists of a body of manuscript materials relation to efforts by the Atchinson, Topeka and Santa Fe Railroad and the Fred Harvey group to sponsor a Southwestern Indian Exhibit at "A Century of Progress, International Exposition; Chicago, 1933" -- more commonly known as the 1933 Chicago World's Fair. Arrangement: By subject matter...
Abstract This collection contains interior views of the Alvarado Hotel in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Dates: circa 1900-1968
Identifier: AC 007
Scope and Content The Association's papers consist of the records of Santa Fe preservationists who unsuccessfully attempted in 1948-49 to save the so-called "Lamy House" and the "Old Santa Fe Trading Post" on Cathedral Place from destruction by the A.T. & S.F. Railroad for expansion of their La Fonda Hotel.
Identifier: AC 239
Scope and Content The Robert R. White Collection consists of original records of the Santa Fe Railroad passenger ticket office in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
ARRANGEMENT: The various file units are ordered alphabetically by subject matter.
ARRANGEMENT: The various file units are ordered alphabetically by subject matter.
Abstract The Atchison Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company collection is compiled of plans for the original railroad buildings in Albuquerque, New Mexico, from 1917 through 1925. The plans are copies of layout plans.
Abstract This collection contains records kept by Russell Nicholas, foreman of the Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway stockyards in Albuquerque and Abajo, N.M. The papers relate to aspects of stock transfers through Albuquerque's busiest railroad stockyard.
Identifier: AC 500
Scope and Content The collection consists of material relating to the work of railway signalmen for the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway Company (AT & SF). There are operating manuals, safety manuals, memos from management to the signalmen, signal training information, and union contracts and agreements.These materials were the property of Bradner C. Jones.
Dates: 1860-1994; Majority of material found in 1912-1994
Identifier: AC 024-P
Scope and Content Collection consists of broadsides, handbills, programs, and other ephemera, most of which involve New Mexican politics.
Identifier: AC 140
Scope and Content One scrapbook kept by Lutz containing letters, bills, circulars, and other materials. Most of the scrapbook items concern Lutz's work for the Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railroad, and the U.S. Census Office. There are also materials on mining in the area of Cerrillos, New Mexico.
Dates: 1890 - 1894
Identifier: AC 025-P
Scope and Content Collection consists of materials concerning railroad mail service.
Identifier: AC 560-p
Scope and Content This collection contains ATSF Railroad menus from 1949 (3) and from 1966 (1) by the Fred Harvey Co. Menus' Southwestern themed color reproductions by Charles Waldo Love, Louis Akin, Frederic Mizen, and E. I. Couse.
Dates: 1949; 1966
Identifier: AC 520
Scope and Content Collection contains correspondence, notes, ephemeral items, financial materials, and legal documents of the Fred Harvey company as well as personal papers of Fred Harvey and his extended families. The papers originated from three Fred Harvey great-grandchildren (Steward, Dagget, and Helen). While assembled as one collection, the three entities have mostly been retained.
Dates: 1858-1990; Majority of material found in 1900-1985
Scope and Content The collection consists of twenty-six letter press books containing about 35,000 copies of typed and handwritten business letters dating 1884-1894 by George L. Brooks. Each volume contains a name index. The letters cover cattle raising and sales of sheep, horses, cattle, and land in New Mexico, Texas, and other western states. Additional subjects include business affairs of the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company and other business news of Albuquerque and Socorro during the 1880s and...
Scope and Content This collection contains business records of the commercial firm Gross, Kelly &Co., 1902-1954, and its predecessors, Otero, Sellar &Co., 1867-1882, and Gross, Blackwell &Co., 1882-1902. Records include correspondence, ledgers, account books, stock books, invoices, receipts, deeds, legal documents, and stock certificates. The collection is divided into five series: I. Otero, Sellar &Co. records; II. Gross, Blackwell &Co. records; III. Gross, Kelly &Co. records; IV....
Abstract The album contains prints of photographs from Fred Harvey's, Indian Detours.
Abstract Collection consists of Jere Krakow’s research materials as well as official records of the Fred Harvey Company, and related papers from other sources including family members.
Dates: 1858-2015; Majority of material found within 1920-1995
Abstract The Jim Kubie Pictorial Collection contains digital images of the Santa Fe Railroad in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Identifier: AC 555-p
Scope and Content Research notes, essays, and copies of historic documents pertaining to aspects of the history of Santa Fe, NM including Sena Plaza, Santa Fe businesses, and Santa Fe street names. Also included are an assessment of the Office of the Cadestral Engineer relative to lands, wills, and other matters; copy of the land grant to Juana Lujana within the San Ildefonso Pueblo Grant, 1765; an account of the death of Jesus Maria Luna y Baca on the Atchison Topeka and Santa Fe Railroad, 1888.
Identifier: AC 272-p
Scope and Content Letter (from Ruth to Bill) discusses Germany, American Southwest, and the Indian Detours
Identifier: AC 361
Scope and Content Collection consists of nearly all her research materials as well as manuscripts with and without annotations; notes; lecture materials; correspondence; newspaper and journal clippings; book reviews of her books; Federal One, a newsletter of 1930s culture; and other publications. Included are research materials on New Mexico writers, penitentes and religion in New Mexico, materials on many of the Works Project Administration (WPA) projects in New Mexico, and...
Identifier: AC 290
Scope and Content Collection contains notes and memoranda concerning the legal, literary, and scientific activities of Frank Springer compiled by Ralph E. Twitchell. Most of the information consists of printed material, reprints of articles, newspaper clippings, and typewritten letters, etc., published elsewhere. Volume 1 contains the most extensive collection with a brief introduction by Twitchell. Volumes 2, 3, and 4 contain mostly replicates of material found in the first volume.
Scope and Content Collection consists of one scrapbook of newspaper clippings and one folder of pamphlets and other promotional materials on Clarkson Motors and the Indian Detours program.
Abstract The Railroad Photograph Collection contains photographs of trains and train cars, several taken in New Mexico and Los Angeles, California. The images date back to 1904 and include several photographs and information cards about steam engines developed by Baldwin Locomotive Works. The collection also features photographs of many individual passenger cars. The majority of the collection relates to the Atchison, Topeka. and Santa Fe Railway.
Identifier: AC 053
Scope and Content This collection was donated by Russell Lee Crump on behalf of the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railroad. These records pertain to the daily operation of the Santa Fe Railroad in New Mexico and the Greater Southwest.
Dates: 1880-1913; 1880-1913
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 15
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 10
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 2
- New Mexico Museum of Art 1
- Clippings 3
- Photographs 3
- Railroads -- New Mexico 3
- Account books 2
- Menus 2
- Railroads -- West (U.S.) -- History 2
- Reports 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- Tourism -- New Mexico 2
- Adobe houses -- New Mexico -- 19th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Photographs 1
- Architecture, Victorian -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Taos 1
- Authors, American -- New Mexico 1
- Automobile travel -- New Mexico. 1
- Automobiles -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Business enterprises -- New Mexico -- History 1
- Canon de San Diego de Jemez Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Cattle herding -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Cattle trade--New Mexico 1
- Cattle--Transportation 1
- Christianity -- New Mexico 1
- Circulars 1
- Colorado -- Commerce 1
- Consumer complaints -- New Mexico 1
- Contact prints 1
- Contracts 1
- Correspondence 1
- Cowboys -- New Mexico -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Cowboys New Mexico -- 19th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Decorative Arts, Spanish Colonial--New Mexico 1
- Diesel locomotives 1
- Digital images 1
- Ditches -- New Mexico 1
- Documents 1
- El Capitan (Express train) 1
- Electric locomotives 1
- Ephemera 1
- Eulogies 1
- Excavations (Archeology) - New Mexico 1
- Exhibitions -- Illinois -- Chicago 1
- Federal One 1
- Folklore-- New Mexico 1
- Genealogy 1
- Germany--Description and travel 1
- Haciendas -- New Mexico -- 19th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Hermanos Penitentes 1
- Hides and skins industry -- History 1
- Hispanic American pioneers -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Hispanic Americans -- 19th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Hispanic Americans -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Historic buildings -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Horses -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Hotels -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque -- Pictorial works 1
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico 1
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico -- Social life and customs -- 19th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico -- Social life and customs -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Indians of North America -- Southwest, New -- Exhibitions 1
- Interior architecture -- New Mexico -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Irrigation canals and flumes -- New Mexico 1
- Kit Carson Monument (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Land grants -- New Mexico -- History -- Pictorial works 1
- Land grants -- New Mexico. 1
- Las Truchas Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Letterpress copybooks 1
- Letters 1
- Livestock -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Livestock--New Mexico 1
- Los Cerrillos (N.M.) -- History 1
- Los Lunas (N.M.) -- History -- Pictorial works 1
- Lumber trade -- History 1
- Maxwell Land Grant (N.M. and Colo.) 1
- Mayors -- New Mexico -- Raton 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- New Mexico 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- New Mexico -- Los Cerrillos 1
- Minutes (Records) 1
- Montano Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- New Mexico -- Business -- History 1
- New Mexico -- Census, 1890 1
- New Mexico -- Commerce 1
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 1
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848-1950 1
- New Mexico -- History -- 19th century -- Pictorial works 1
- New Mexico -- History -- 20th century 1
- New Mexico -- History -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 1
- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- New Mexico -- Politics and government 1
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 1
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 1
- New Mexico -- Tours 1
- New Mexico--Railroads 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1897-1906 : Otero) 1
- Newspapers 1
- Notebooks 1
- Oral histories 1
- Painters -- New Mexico -- Taos 1
- Paleontology - New Mexico 1
- Pamphlets 1 ∧ less
- Undetermined 12
- Fred Harvey (Firm) 9
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railroad Company 2
- Harvey, Fred 2
- Akin, Louis, 1868-1913 1
- Alvarado Hotel (Albuquerque, N.M.) 1
- Cassidy, Ina Sizer, 1869-1965 1
- Federal Writers' Project. New Mexico 1
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 1
- Gross, Blackwell & Company 1
- Gross, Kelly & Company, Inc 1
- Hennings, E. Martin, 1886-1956 1
- Hewett, Edgar L. (Edgar Lee), 1865-1946 1
- La Fonda (Hotel : Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Prince, L. Bradford (Le Baron Bradford), 1840-1922 1
- Stewart, Dorothy N. (Dorothy Newkirk), 1891-1955 1
- Taos Society of Artists 1
- White, Robert R. (Robert Rankin), 1942- 1 ∧ less