Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 35
Abstract Business, professional and personal papers of Abelicio Marquez Peña, New Mexico sheep rancher, politician, foreign diplomat, writer and alumnus of the New Mexico College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts (New Mexico State University).
Dates: 1894-2004; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Abstract Collection consists of photographic memorabilia of the Old West, primarily concerning outlaws and cowboys.
Abstract The collection contains residential real estate transaction records primarily for Albuquerque, NM and records of farms and ranches for sale across the state.
Dates: circa 1960-circa 1988
Abstract This collection contains photographs of a University of New Mexico horseback riding class at Four Hills Ranch.
Identifier: AC 446
Scope and Content The books appear to have been created by J. L. Dow, Deputy U. S. Marshal. The two small bound red books list ear marks, cattle brands, the name and the ranch to which they belong. The post office in which the ranch resided is also listed. The first page of each book lists abbreviations used in the brands. Some entries are in read and they describe number of cattle sold and to which ranch and whether or not they were rebranded.
Dates: 1894-1894; 1894
Abstract The collection consists largely of photographs of the O'Donel family, their friends, and employees on the Bell Ranch. Pictures of O'Donel's original home in Ireland, family vacation spots in California, family shots in Denver, and trips to Mexico and Guatemala also form part of the collection.
Abstract The Diamond A Cattle Company collection contains business records of Diamond A Cattle Company ranching operations. Most documents pertain to the period after 1940 during which time Leon E. Williams owned Diamond A ranches in Wagon Mound, New Mexico and Eagle Butte, South Dakota. The records are Williams's business and personal papers.
Identifier: AC 126
Scope and Content Collection consists of materials about Lambert and the San Gabriel Dude Ranch. Includes several pamphlets and promotional items about the ranch, as well as clippings of articles about Lambert and his experiences as a cowboy. Also in the collection are the lyrics to several cowboy songs.
Abstract Collection consists of exhibition quality prints taken in New Mexico by Farm Security Administration and Office of War Information photographers during the Great Depression and World War II.
Abstract The collection consists of portraits of Felipe Chaves (Chavez), his family, and others.
Identifier: AC 081
Scope and Content Collection consists of the memoirs of Jessie de Prado Farrington written in 1935. The memoirs discuss Farrington's life and homesteading experiences in the early 1900s in Agua Chicquita Canyon in Otero County, New Mexico. Photographs of Weed, New Mexico, Glen-Eben (Farrington's homestead), and of various people are included. Farrington's memoirs have been published in the New Mexico Historical Review.
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of materials relating to land and property in Santa Fe and northern New Mexico owned by Jesus Maria Baca. Includes materials on the City Ice and Storage Co. of Santa Fe and several New Mexico ranches. Materials concerning Senator Cutting deal only with real estate transactions in Santa Fe. Includes transcript of Santa Fe County District Court Civil Case # 19438, Baca vs. Baca et al., in which Julia S. Baca received authorization as administrator of Jesus Maria...
Scope and Content The bulk of the holdings in the Photo Archives are of Southwestern subjects dating to the mid-1920s. The approximately 250 prints includes photographs of New Mexico landmarks and places, San Gabriel Ranch, Pecos River, Conjilon Camp, Santa Fe Fiesta, Grand Canyon, Colorado scenes, Taos, Albuquerque, Harvey Cars, Pueblos and some California. Photographs are sorted in folders by Kemp numbers but listed below by negative number. Collection also includes one photo album of 6”x 8” prints.
Dates: 1899 - 1941; Majority of material found within 1923 - 1929
Abstract The Long Canyon Ranch Collection is focused on the ranch near Taiban, New Mexico owned by the Herlihy family.
Dates: 1860-2018; Majority of material found in 1910-1929
Abstract The Long Canyon Ranch Pictorial Collection is focused on the ranch in Taiban, New Mexico, but includes other locations traveled to by the Herlihy family.
Dates: 1860-1989; Majority of material found within 1910-1929
Scope and Content Collection consists of photocopies of documents involving members of the Mariano Chavez family and others. Most of the materials concern land grants, wills and estates, land conveyances, and litigation over land and water disputes in New Mexico during the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. Other materials include inventories of personal property, a license to build a chapel at San Jose de Chama (1844), a geneaology of the Chavez family, a collection of alabados (religious verses), and...
Dates: 1763-1967 (bulk 1763-1873)
Abstract Collection consists of images related to the Maxwell Land Grant in Colfax County, New Mexico.
Abstract The Nancy Tucker Pictorial Collection of Southwest Materials is comprised of photographs, postcards, and artwork of New Mexico.
Scope and Content This collection is comprised of 7 miscellaneous typed items, perhaps never sent to the Library of Congress during the New Deal era. Item 3 was removed and cataloged - See Separated Materials. These papers provide a small sample of the work done in the state under two of the New Deal Federal Work Progress Administration programs. Included are five undated submissions by New Mexico researchers to the Historical Records Survey Division. There is a translation of the 1760s document for the donation...
Identifier: AC 088-P
Scope and Content One notebook containing 16 handwritten pages describing the life of an unnamed rancher's wife in Texas and New Mexico. Includes a description of a trip to Columbus, New Mexico after Pancho Villa's raid there.
Identifier: AC 276-p
Scope and Content Collection consists of a visitors log for Old Pigeon's Ranch near Glorieta, NM, along with description of the ranch and its location. Collection also contains a brief description of nearby Glorieta battlefield.
Identifier: AC 209
Scope and Content One photocopy of a ledger book from the Palo Blanco Ranch, New Mexico. Includes an extensive listing of properties owned by the Palo Blanco with brief descriptions; invoices of supplies; lists of property assets, cash, and liabilities; and a record of cattle owned. Some of the properties owned by the Palo Blanco include the Apache Ranch, Chico or Home Ranch, Chico Springs Ranch, Capulin Ranch, Gallegos Ranch, Kingman Ranch, and Kiowa Ranch. Photocopies.
Abstract Collection consists of Peggy Pond Church's photographs related to Edith Warner (box 1), plus an addition to the collection related to Church herself (box 2).
Abstract Collection consists of one album, formerly the property of C. M. O'Donel, of mounted prints related to life on the Bell Ranch, New Mexico.
Abstract The collection contains Sandra Lynn’s research documents pertaining to historic lodgings throughout New Mexico. Included are research and site visit notes, brochures, clippings and articles, correspondence, as well as a small collection of memorabilia and ephemera and oral history interviews.
Dates: 1948-2009; Majority of material found within 1989-1999
- Subject: Ranches - New Mexico X
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 24
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 6
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 2
- New Mexico Highlands University 1
- New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections 1
- Photographs 12
- Ranches -- New Mexico 11
- Photograph albums 6
- Postcards 6
- Clippings 3
- Indians of North America -- Pictorial works 3
- Letters 3
- Mines and mineral resources -- New Mexico 3
- Panoramic photographs 3
- Ranch life -- New Mexico 3
- Ranches -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 3
- Albuquerque (N.M.) 2
- Bell Ranch (N.M.) 2
- Cowboys 2
- Cowboys -- New Mexico 2
- Dude ranches -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 2
- Ephemera 2
- Land grants -- New Mexico 2
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico 2
- Las Vegas (N.M.) 2
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 2
- New Mexico -- History -- 19th century -- Pictorial works 2
- New Mexico -- History -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 2
- World War, 1939-1945 2
- Adobe buildings -- New Mexico -- 1935-1943 1
- Adobe houses -- New Mexico -- 19th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Agricultural engineers -- United States 1
- Agricultural industries -- New Mexico 1
- Agricultural laborers -- 1935-1943 1
- Agriculture 1
- Agriculture -- Defense measures 1
- Agriculture -- Finance 1
- Agriculture -- International cooperation 1
- Agriculture -- New Mexico 1
- Agriculture -- Pictorial works 1
- Alabados 1
- Alamogordo (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Altars -- New Mexico -- Las Trampas -- 1943 1
- Amalia (N.M.) -- 1940 1
- Apache Ranch (N.M.) 1
- Architecture, Victorian -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Art festivals – New Mexico – Las Vegas 1
- Art festivals – New Mexico – Santa Fe 1
- Arts – New Mexico 1
- Authors, American -- New Mexico -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Automobiles -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Bars (Drinking establishments) - New Mexico 1
- Beef Cattle-New Mexico 1
- Belen (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Biography 1
- Bosque Farms (N.M.) -- 1935 1
- Bridges -- Arizona -- Pictorial works 1
- Bridges -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Business enterprises -- New Mexico -- History 1
- Camel Rock (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Camps -- New Mexico 1
- Capulin (N.M.) -- 1939 1
- Capulin Ranch (N.M.) 1
- Cartes-de-visite (card photographs) 1
- Cartoons & Comics 1
- Catron County (N.M.) -- 1940 1
- Cattle 1
- Cattle -- New Mexico 1
- Cattle Brands-New Mexico-History 1
- Cattle breeders--New Mexico 1
- Cattle breeders--New Mexico--Pictorial works 1
- Cattle herding -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Cattle trade -- New Mexico 1
- Cattle trade--New Mexico 1
- Cattle trade--New Mexico--Pictorial works 1
- Chamisal (N.M.) -- 1940 1
- Chapel of Our Lady of Light (Santa Fe, N.M.)-- History 1
- Chico Ranch (N.M.) 1
- Chico Springs Ranch (N.M.) 1
- Children -- Health and welfare -- 1935-1943 1
- Church buildings -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Churches -- New Mexico -- Las Trampas -- 1943 1
- Churches -- New Mexico -- Peñasco -- 1943 1
- Cimarron (N.M.) 1
- Cimarron (N.M.) -- 1939 1
- Cityscapes 1
- Cityscapes -- New Mexico -- Colfax County -- Pictorial works 1
- Clayton (N.M.) 1
- Clovis (N.M.) -- 1943 1
- Colfax County (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- College students -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Colorado -- History 1
- Columbus (N.M.) -- Travel 1
- Commercial buildings -- New Mexico -- Pietown -- 1943 1
- Conchas Lake (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Contact prints 1
- Contracts 1
- Correspondence 1
- Cow Creek Ranch (N.M.) 1
- Cowboys -- New Mexico -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Cowboys -- Photographs 1
- Cowboys -- Songs and music 1
- Cowboys New Mexico -- 19th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Criminals 1 ∧ less
- English 33
- Undetermined 9
- Spanish; Castilian 2
- French 1
- Campbell, Thomas D. (Thomas Donald), 1882-1966 2
- Knee, Ernest, 1907-1982 2
- O'Donel family 2
- O'Donel, Charles M., 1860-1933 2
- Air Force Association 1
- Alvarado Hotel (Albuquerque, N.M.) 1
- Anaya, Toney, 1941- 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 1
- Bartlett, William H., 1850-1918 1
- Carson, Kit, 1809-1868 1
- Catron, Thomas Benton, 1840-1921 1
- Chisum, John Simpson, 1824-1884 1
- Church, Peggy Pond, 1903-1986 1
- Collier, John, 1913-1992 1
- Cutting, Bronson M., 1888-1935 1
- Federal Writers' Project. New Mexico 1
- Fred Harvey (Firm) 1
- Gilpin, Laura, 1891-1979 1
- Jones, Andrieus Aristieus, 1862-1927 1
- Kemp, E. H. (Edward Henry), 1868-1948 1
- Kemp, Josephine A. (Agnes Sparrow), 1868-1941 1
- Ketchum, Black Jack, 1863-1901 1
- Lawrence, D. H. (David Herbert), 1885-1930 1
- Manderfield Otero, Josefita, 1874-1951 1
- Martínez, María Montoya 1
- Maxwell Land Grant Company 1
- New Mexico Historical Records Survey 1
- New Mexico Military Institute 1
- Otero family 1
- Otero-Warren, Nina, 1881-1965 1
- Pearce, T. M. (Thomas Matthews), 1902- 1
- Red River Valley Company 1
- School of American Research (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Tucker, Nancy 1
- United States. Army. Volunteer Cavalry, 1st 1
- University of New Mexico. Students 1
- Warner, Edith, 1893-1951 1 ∧ less