Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 84
Scope and Content Collection consists of the legal, personal, and political papers of A.A. Jones. The bulk of the collection consists of legal papers which include several land grant, business, and probate case records. Land grant case records pertain to the Maxwell, Preston Beck, Mora, Las Vegas, and Eaton land grants. Included in the land grant case records are the papers of James and Helen Beck and New Mexico Chief Justice Elisha V. Long's opinion on the Las Vegas Land Grant. Companies involved in the...
Scope and Content Collection consists of account books, three wholesale catalogues, one ranch ledger, a record book for the Acqueia de Anton Chico, a political scrapbook (ca. 1924), a survey map of the family property, and miscellaneous family papers. The three wholesale catalogues are from C.H. Hyer & Sons (Kansas), Hendrie & Bolthoff Co., and John Wyeth & Brother (Philadelphia).
Some materials are in Spanish.
Some materials are in Spanish.
Scope and Content Collection consists of a broad range of materials concerning the personal and professional activities of Frederick Muller and his family, including his in-laws, the Edward Miller family of Tesuque, New Mexico. Materials include correspondence; land conveyances; abstracts of title; by-laws of civic and veteran organizations; a sketch map of the Independent Order of Odd Fellows Aztlan Lodge cemetary plots; trial proceedings involving Edward Miller; and naturalization, birth, marriage and death...
Dates: 1836-1974 (bulk 1836-1930)
Scope and Content Collection consists of professional and personal papers of Armstrong and his wife, Alta Morton Armstrong. Includes scrapbooks, newspaper clippings, and family memorabilia.
Scope and Content Collection consists of land records (1829-1929) and personal, financial, and professional papers of the A.M. Bergere family and its extended families, the Oteros and the Lunas of Los Lunas, New Mexico (1855-1967). Land records include conveyances and information regarding the Bartolome Baca Land Grant, the Antonio Sandoval Land Grant, the Perea Land Grant, the Tome Land Grant, and the Chilili Land Grant. Financial records contain deeds, correspondence regarding the estate of Eloisa Luna de...
Scope and Content Collection consists of Olsen's personal and business papers, and a variety of publications about New Mexico. Includes personal correspondence (1889-1947), newspaper clippings about Olsen (1920-1935), obituaries of prominent New Mexicans, certificates from several New Mexican Governors (1901-1933), the settlement of Olsen's estate (1953), papers of Olsen's brother-in-law E.V. Chavez (1879-1896), and catalogs of the New Mexico Spanish American Normal School at El Rito (1939-1941). Correspondence...
Scope and Content Collection consists of Donaciano Vigil's military, family, and personal papers which span the Spanish, Mexican, and U.S. Territorial periods of New Mexico history. Spanish period documents contain land conveyances and abstracts of land primarily in Santa Fe (1770-1803), an inventory of civil and criminal proceedings (1766-1767), and a will (1820). Mexican period documents cover a wide range of New Mexico subjects. Some of the subjects are Vigil's military career (1834-1841), military affairs...
Dates: 1727-1877, bulk 1841-1877
Scope and Content Collection consists of Bartlett's official correspondence as Solicitor General of the Territory of New Mexico (1890-1902); and professional papers from his legal practice (1880-1904). Solicitor General correspondence includes letters received from Frank Springer, Elfego Baca, Frederick Muller, and Pinkerton's National Detective Agency concerning Charles Siringo. Topics covered in the correspondence include the Rough Riders, Jicarilla Apaches, territorial penitentiary, Fort Marcy, and the...
Scope and Content Collection consists of Elisha V. and Boaz W. Long's personal, legal, and dipolmatic correspondence; legal and business records; manuscripts and reports; clippings; and family papers. A large portion of the collection consists of: the legal papers of Elisha V. Long during his tenure as district attorney for several New Mexico counties (1896-1899), as the Chief Justice of the New Mexico Territorial Supreme Court (1885- 1890), and as a private attorney; and the official papers of Boaz W. Long...
Scope and Content Collection consists of the personal and political papers of Epifanio Vigil. Political papers contain several broadsides and clippings from various New Mexico periodicals. Broadsides include Donaciano Madrid's opposition to the election of Francisco Chavez as Sheriff of Santa Fe County, New Mexico (1891) and opposition to Oterista and Catronista republicans (1900). A translation of an article implicating Thomas B. Catron in the American Valley murder is also included along with Francisco A....
Scope and Content Collection consists of the political and private papers of Lusk that relate to the 80th Congress (1947-1948), the Veterans' Affairs Committee (1947-1955), War Claims Commission (1947-1953), and education in New Mexico (1931-1958). Included are ten scrapbooks pertaining to her tenure as Superintendent of Public Instruction for the state of New Mexico.
Scope and Content Collection consists of official papers of Governor Rencher: documents concerning the supplying of New Mexican militia companies during Rencher's administration. These items are the only extant records in official custody.
Scope and Content Collection consists of official papers of Governor Hockenhull. Includes correspondence with and reports from various state agencies concerning a broad range of issues such as labor, public lands, natural resource conservation, and mining, as well as materials relating to the Rio Grande Compact Commission, the Canadian River Commission, the Gallup Coal Strike of 1933, and extension of the Navajo Reservation. Also within the collection are many special reports from various New Deal programs in...
Scope and Content Collection consists of official papers of Governor Seligman. Includes correspondence with and reports from various state agencies concerning a broad range of issues such as labor, public lands, natural resource conservation, and mining, with significant materials on the Gallup Coal Strike of 1933 and extension of the Navajo Reservation. Also within the collection is Seligman's pardon of former U.S. Senator A.B. Fall; many special reports from early New Deal programs in New Mexico; letters to...
Scope and Content Collection consists of official papers of Governor Hannett. Includes correspondence with and reports from various state agencies concerning a broad range of issues such as mining, railroads, and natural resource conservation. Most of the conservation materials relate to reclamation projects involving the Canadian, Cimarron, San Juan, Colorado, Rio Grande, Gila, and Pecos rivers. Also within the collection are materials concerning the impeachment of Judge Reed Holloman; the removal of George...
Dates: 1925-1927, bulk 1925-1926
Scope and Content Collection consists of official and personal papers of Governor King's first term. Includes legislative, judicial, federal and penal papers, as well as correspondence, reports and other materials from a variety of state agencies and private organizations. Some of the materials involve issues such as the very large array telescope; Space Shuttle Program; Waste Isolation Pilot Plant; Vietnam War; a port of entry at Anapra, New Mexico; and the activities of Reies Tijerina. Collection also includes...
Scope and Content Collection consists of official papers of Governor Bent. Includes letters sent and received, one proclamation, and other documents.
Most materials in Spanish.
Most materials in Spanish.
Scope and Content Collection consists of official papers of Governor Tingley. Includes correspondence with and reports from various state agencies concerning a broad range of issues such as labor and natural resource conservation, as well as materials relating to New Mexico land grants, extension of the Navajo Reservation, and the celebration of the 400th anniversary of Coronado's arrival in New Mexico. Also within the collection are many special reports from various New Deal programs in New Mexico, and...
Scope and Content Collection consists of official papers of Governor Cargo. Includes proclamations; appointments; executive orders; executive budgets; address to legislature and files relating to legislative issues such as education; judicial reports and reports of elected officials; reports of administrative agencies, boards and commissions; reports of state institutions and records of the Four Corners Regional Commission and other regional commissions. Federal records include correspondence with and news clips...
Scope and Content Collection consists of official papers of Governor Meriwether. Includes three letters received and one proclamation by Meriwether, and the papers of William Messervy and William Watts Hart Davis, both of whom were acting Governors in periods when Meriwether was out of the state. Messervy's papers consist of one proclamation and one letter received, both from 1854. Davis's papers include official letters received and one personal account book.
Some materials in Spanish.
Some materials in Spanish.
Scope and Content Collection consists of the official papers of Governor Vigil. Includes proclamations and letters sent and received. Most of the letters received are from the following Prefects of New Mexico counties: Francisco Sarranco (Bernalillo), Francisco Sandoval (Santa Ana), Manuel Antonio Baca (San Miguel), Salvador Lucero (Rio Arriba), and Vicente Martinez (Taos).
Partial finding aid.
Partial finding aid.
Scope and Content Collection consists of official and personal papers of Governor Ross. Includes letters sent and received, a letterpress book, appointments, proclamations and circulars, legislative papers, reports to the Governor, reports from the Governor to the U.S. Secretary of the Interior, expense reports, and penal papers. Materials relating to public lands in New Mexico, taxation of Pueblo Indian lands, conflicts between cattle and sheep interests in Rio Arriba County, construction of a new state...
Scope and Content Collection consists of official and personal papers of Governor C De Baca. Official papers date from 1916-1917 and consist of letters sent and received, his oath of office, resignations, speeches, and a message to the legislature. Private papers date from 1906-1932 and consist of letters sent and received by C De Baca, as well as letters and telegrams received on this death in 1917 and his wife Margarita's death in 1932.
Dates: 1906-1932 (1916-1917)
Scope and Content Collection consists of official papers of Governor Curry. Includes letters sent and received, appointments, resignations and removals, proclamations, letterpress books, reports, and penal papers. Some materials relate to Curry's unsuccessful attempt to secure the return of Spanish archives of New Mexico that were transferred to the Library of Congress in 1903. Collection also includes official correspondence of J.W. Raynolds, who served as Interim Governor from April to August 1907, the period...
Scope and Content Collection consists of official papers of Governor Connelly. Includes letters sent and received, proclamations, one death warrant, and an 1866 message to the Legislative Assembly from William F.M. Arny, who served as Interim Governor from December 1866 to March 1867 while Governor Mitchell, who succeeded Connelly, was in Washington D.C.
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 68
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 62
- Administrative agencies -- New Mexico 44
- Annual reports 44
- State government records 41
- Territorial records 36
- Proclamations 34
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 32
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1951- 30
- Reports 27
- Extradition -- New Mexico 26
- Governors --New Mexico 24
- Addresses 22
- Minutes (Records) 19
- Publications 14
- Pardon --New Mexico 12
- Account books 11
- Clippings 11
- Financial records 11
- Governors -- New Mexico 11
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 10
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- To 1848 9
- Pardon -- New Mexico 9
- Water resources development -- New Mexico 9
- Water rights -- New Mexico 7
- Legal documents 6
- Scrapbooks 6
- Wills 6
- Conservation of natural resources -- New Mexico 5
- Letterpress copybooks 5
- Navajo Indian Reservation 5
- Diaries 4
- Family papers 4
- Governors--New Mexico 4
- Legal files 4
- Maxwell Land Grant (N.M. and Colo.) 4
- Pardon--New Mexico 4
- Press releases 4
- Public lands --New Mexico 4
- Anapra (N.M.) 3
- Bounties --New Mexico 3
- Certificates 3
- Civil procedure -- New Mexico 3
- Columbus (N.M.) -- History 3
- Conservation of natural resources--New Mexico 3
- Education --New Mexico 3
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico 3
- Inventories 3
- Lawyers -- New Mexico 3
- Mines and mineral resources -- New Mexico 3
- Mines and mineral resources --New Mexico 3
- New Mexico -- History, Military 3
- New Mexico -- Militia 3
- Newsletters 3
- Orders (military records) 3
- Public lands -- New Mexico 3
- Apache Indians -- New Mexico 2
- Articles of incorporation 2
- Attorneys general -- New Mexico 2
- Audits 2
- Bills, Legislative 2
- Bonds (legal records) 2
- Budgets 2
- Case files 2
- Constitutional conventions --New Mexico 2
- Conveyances 2
- Criminal procedure -- New Mexico 2
- Deeds 2
- Directories 2
- Education -- New Mexico 2
- Estate inventories 2
- Estate records 2
- Executive departments -- New Mexico 2
- Fort Marcy (N.M.) 2
- Governors --New Mexico. 2
- Labor -- New Mexico 2
- Labor--New Mexico 2
- Land Grants -- New Mexico 2
- Las Vegas Land Grant (N.M.) 2
- Laws 2
- Legislators -- United States 2
- Manuals 2
- Map 2
- Microfilms 2
- Mines and mineral resources--New Mexico 2
- Mora Land Grant (N.M.) 2
- Natural resources--New Mexico 2
- Navajo Indians -- Wars 2
- New Deal, 1933-1939 -- New Mexico -- History 2
- New Deal, 1933-1939--New Mexico 2
- New Mexico -- Economic conditions 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government 2
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 2
- New Mexico --Capital and capitol 2
- New Mexico --Economic conditions 2
- Petitions 2
- Petroleum--New Mexico 2
- Photographs 2
- Public lands--New Mexico 2
- Pueblo Indians -- Land tenure 2 ∧ less
- English 79
- Spanish; Castilian 5
- Anderson, Clinton Presba, 1895-1975 4
- Chavez, Dennis, 1888-1962 4
- Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.) 4
- Cutting, Bronson M., 1888-1935 4
- Alianza Federal de las Mercedes 3
- Fall, Albert B. (Albert Bacon), 1861-1944 3
- Jones, Andrieus Aristieus, 1862-1927 3
- Montoya, Joseph Manuel, 1915-1978 3
- Otero, Miguel Antonio, 1859-1944 3
- Prince, L. Bradford (Le Baron Bradford), 1840-1922 3
- El Paso and Southwestern Railroad Company 2
- Hagerman, Herbert J. (Herbert James), 1871-1935 2
- Historical Society of New Mexico 2
- United States. Army. Volunteer Cavalry, 1st 2
- United States. Pueblo Lands Board 2
- Waste Isolation Pilot Plant (N.M.) 2
- All Indian Pueblo Council 1
- American Protective League 1
- American Red Cross 1
- Apodaca, Jerry, 1934- 1
- Arny, W. F. M. (William Frederick Milton), 1813-1881 1
- Axtell, Samuel B. (Samuel Beach), 1819-1891 1
- Baca, Elfego, 1864-1945 1
- Bent, Charles, 1799-1847 1
- C. de Baca, Margarita 1
- Calhoun, James S., 1803?-1852 1
- Carson, Kit, 1809-1868 1
- Clancy, Frank W. (Frank Willey), 1852-1928 1
- Curry, George, 1861-1947 1
- Davis, W. W. H. (William Watts Hart), 1820-1910 1
- Democratic Party (N.M.). State Central Committee 1
- Dillon, Richard Charles, 1877-1966 1
- Fountain, Albert Jennings, 1838-1896 1
- Gross, Kelly & Company, Inc 1
- Ketchum, Black Jack, 1863-1901 1
- Maxwell Land Grant Company 1
- Mechem, E. L. (Edwin Leard), 1912-2002 1
- Minge, Ward Alan 1
- New Mexico Military Institute 1
- New Mexico. Bureau of Immigration 1
- New Mexico. Department of Education 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1846-1847 : Bent) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1851-1852 : Calhoun) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1861-1866 : Connelly) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1866-1869 : Mitchell) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1869-1871 : Pile) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1875-1878 : Axtell) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1881-1885 : Sheldon) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1889-1893 : Prince) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1907-1911 : Curry) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1927-1930 : Dillon) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1939-1942 : Miles) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1971-1974 : King) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1975-1978 : Apodaca) 1
- Otero Family 1
- Otero-Warren, Nina, 1881-1965 1
- Siringo, Charles A., 1855-1928 1
- St. Michael's College (Santa Fe, N.M. : 1859) 1
- Tijerina, Reies 1
- Tingley, Clyde 1
- United States. Bureau of Mines 1
- United States. Work Projects Administration 1
- Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education 1 ∧ less