Governor Ezequiel C de Baca Papers,
Scope and Content
Collection consists of official and personal papers of Governor C De Baca. Official papers date from 1916-1917 and consist of letters sent and received, his oath of office, resignations, speeches, and a message to the legislature. Private papers date from 1906-1932 and consist of letters sent and received by C De Baca, as well as letters and telegrams received on this death in 1917 and his wife Margarita's death in 1932.
- 1906-1932 (1916-1917)
Language of Materials
Limited duplication allowed for research purposes. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
Ezequiel C De Baca was born November 1, 1864 at Las Vegas, New Mexico, the fourth son of Tomas and Estefanita C De Baca. He was educated in the local schools in Las Vegas and at the Jesuit College there. As a journalist, he became associated with Antonio Lucero and Felix Martinez in 1891 to publish the influential Las Vegas Spanish weekly La Voz del Pueblo. C De Baca served as Deputy Clerk of the First District Court in San Miguel County, and was elected the first Lieutenant Governor of New Mexico in 1911. He also acted as Chairman of the Board of Directors of the New Mexico Asylum for the Insane from 1912 through 1916. C De Baca was Democratic presidential elector in 1912 and chairman of the New Mexico Delegation to the Democratic National Convention in July 1916. He was elected governor November 7, 1916 and inaugurated January 1, 1917. C De Baca died on February 18, 1917 after a long illness.
1 Linear Feet
Collection is organized into two series:
- I. Official Papers
- II. Personal Papers
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives
- Archives and Historical Services Division
- 1205 Camino Carlos Rey
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505
- Phone: 505-476-7908
- Fax: 505-476-7909
- Email: email@example.com
- URL: http://www.state.nm.us/cpr/ahsd_top.htm
- Inventory of the Governor Ezequiel C de Baca Papers, 1906-1932 (1916-1917)
- Edited Full Draft
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//New Mexico State Records Center and Archives//TEXT (US::Nm-Ar::1959-095::Governor Ezequiel C de Baca Papers)//EN" "nmar1959-095.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.