Governor Abraham Rencher Papers,
Scope and Content
Collection consists of official papers of Governor Rencher: documents concerning the supplying of New Mexican militia companies during Rencher's administration. These items are the only extant records in official custody.
Language of Materials
Access to original materials restricted; Use microfilm only (Territorial Archives of New Mexico).
Limited duplication allowed for research purposes. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
Rencher was appointed Governor in 1857 and was replaced in 1861 when President Lincoln chose not to reappoint him. Rencher served as a North Carolina congressman and United States minister to Portugal before becoming Governor of New Mexico.
.25 Linear Feet
Available on microfilm as part of the Territorial Archives of New Mexico (Roll 98).
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives
- Archives and Historical Services Division
- 1205 Camino Carlos Rey
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505
- Phone: 505-476-7908
- Fax: 505-476-7909
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- URL: http://www.state.nm.us/cpr/ahsd_top.htm
- Inventory of the Governor Abraham Rencher Papers, 1858-1861
- Edited Full Draft
- Processed by staff
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//New Mexico State Records Center and Archives//TEXT (US::Nm-Ar::1959-079::Governor Abraham Rencher Papers)//EN" "nmar1959-079.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.