Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 42
Scope and Content Series I consists primarily of probate, mining, and real estate records. Probate records include those involving the Kiker, Lischke (Siringo Ranch), and Rolshoven estates. Series II includes materials from the Nuremberg War Crime Trials. Series III includes Albert's correspondence from 1937 to 1974. Most of the correspondence concerns legal issues in New Mexico and includes several letters from Thomas B. Forbis, an attorney in Roswell, New Mexico.
Identifier: PAC 049
Scope and Content The Santa Rita Mine collection consists of over 200 negatives and 400 photographs from postcard size to 8" x 10". Most of the material is dated and identified. The majority of the material is pre-1920. Topics range from engineering and structural to photos of assay shop, town views, ball teams, railroad and people involved in mining activities. This finding aid includes a partial listing images which have been assigned unique numbers to identify the various subjects in the collection. The...
Dates: 1910 - 1940; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Identifier: AC 140
Scope and Content One scrapbook kept by Lutz containing letters, bills, circulars, and other materials. Most of the scrapbook items concern Lutz's work for the Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railroad, and the U.S. Census Office. There are also materials on mining in the area of Cerrillos, New Mexico.
Dates: 1890 - 1894
Identifier: AC 554-p
Scope and Content Collection consists of a handwritten letter written on a National Mail and Transportation Company letterhead in 1879 from D. L. Miller in Santa Fe to his friend L. D. Fenn in La Veta, Colorado. The letter talks about business, ranching, and mining interests, including references to a mine in Carbonateville, New Mexico, 24 miles south of Santa Fe and the Monarch Mine, both of which were in the Cerrillos Mining District
Scope and Content Collection consists of the papers of Jacobo Yrisarri. Includes land records, estate records for various persons, financial records, and photographs. Land records include mining and warranty deeds, an abstract of title to land in Ranchos de Albuquerque, one map of land divisions in Candelaria, New Mexico, and copies of maps of the Atrisco and Elena Gallegos land grants. Financial records include tax receipts and assessments. Photographs include black and white images of Jacobo Yrisarri and...
Identifier: AC 176
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of letters received by Owen from the Santa Fe Water and Light Company's owners, Edgar L. and Charles F. Street of New York. Most of the letters discuss the operation and management of the Santa Fe Water and Light Co., but other topics include real estate, mining, and irrigation in New Mexico. Collection also includes some letters from Owen to Edgar and Charles Street, as well as a graph created in 1916 that documents revenues, expenses, taxes, and other financial...
Abstract This collection contains materials on New Mexico legal cases, mining ventures and George W. Prichard's political life, as well as his legal, business, and personal correspondence. The collection also contains the papers of Maude Hancock Prichard, concerning New Mexico women's involvement in World War I relief activities.
Scope and Content Collection consists of official papers of Governor Hockenhull. Includes correspondence with and reports from various state agencies concerning a broad range of issues such as labor, public lands, natural resource conservation, and mining, as well as materials relating to the Rio Grande Compact Commission, the Canadian River Commission, the Gallup Coal Strike of 1933, and extension of the Navajo Reservation. Also within the collection are many special reports from various New Deal programs in...
Scope and Content Collection consists of official papers of Governor Seligman. Includes correspondence with and reports from various state agencies concerning a broad range of issues such as labor, public lands, natural resource conservation, and mining, with significant materials on the Gallup Coal Strike of 1933 and extension of the Navajo Reservation. Also within the collection is Seligman's pardon of former U.S. Senator A.B. Fall; many special reports from early New Deal programs in New Mexico; letters to...
Scope and Content Collection consists of official papers of Governor Hannett. Includes correspondence with and reports from various state agencies concerning a broad range of issues such as mining, railroads, and natural resource conservation. Most of the conservation materials relate to reclamation projects involving the Canadian, Cimarron, San Juan, Colorado, Rio Grande, Gila, and Pecos rivers. Also within the collection are materials concerning the impeachment of Judge Reed Holloman; the removal of George...
Dates: 1925-1927, bulk 1925-1926
Scope and Content Collection consists of official and personal papers of Governor Wallace. Reports include one report from Wallace to the Secretary of the Interior discussing New Mexico's economy, agriculture, education, minerals, and problems (1879) and a second report from Wallace to the Legislative Assembly (1880). Penal papers consist of pardons, commutations, reprieves, remissions of fines, requisitions for extraditions to and from New Mexico, and death warrants. Wallace's personal papers include letters...
Abstract This collection contains a series of records, photographs and related documentation collected by Homer E. Milford. They pertain to the Galisteo Mining District claims (1879) and Los Cerrillos Mining District claims (1879–1889). There is also a series of 1880 photographs of mining in the Cerrillos Hills by Santa Fe photographers Bennett and Brown and one by Ben Wittick of the Cerrillos smelter.
Dates: 1879- 2015; Majority of material found in 1879-1889
Scope and Content Collection consists of Santiago L. Hubbell's papers, deeds to the Pajarito property, Philip Hubbell's papers, and miscellaneous family papers. Santiago's papers include correspondence, business records, military orders, and sutler records. Items included are a muster roll for Hubbell's Company of New Mexican Mounted Volunteers (1861) and a 1859 translation of Juan Jose Lucero's account of his 1847 campaign against the Navajos. Philip's papers include personal and business records. Included are...
Abstract This collection contains papers of Jane C. Sanchez, a historian and playwright in New Mexico. The materials relate to her research primarily regarding land grants, colonial history, Spanish and Mexican law, and storylines for theatrical and movie productions.
Dates: 1663-2004; Majority of material found within 1966-2004
Identifier: AC 072
Scope and Content Collection is made up of a scrapbook containing clippings, letters, photographs, maps and general information on Cloudcroft, White Oaks, and other nearby communities. Also included are two short histories, one on the Eddy Brothers and one on the history of the origin of the name Alamogordo.
Scope and Content The manuscript, handwritten by John Angus MacDonald, describes five decades of his life in Colorado and New Mexico from the 1870s to the 1920s. It is not a detailed autobiography and is not in chronological order. There is a brief family history beginning on page 240. MacDonald reminisces about his boyhood in the San Luis Valley in Colorado, describing the customs of the Indians, the different ethnic groups that settled the area and the coming of the railroad. The manuscript contains...
Scope and Content Collection consists of Cockrells business and personal papers. Series I consists of probate records, case files, and correspondence. Some pertain to work with the Missouri Pacific Railway Co. Series II consists of various documents relating to work with the Feliz Cattle Co.; the Old Abe Co. (mining); the Taliaferro Mercantile Co.; and land claim cases filed with the U.S. Land Offices in Las Cruces and Roswell, New Mexico, and Glenwood Springs, Colorado. Series III consists of personal and...
Scope and Content Collection consists of the research files of Lucien A. File. Included are research documents, index cards, maps, black and white photographs, and an unfinished manuscript pertaining to mining in New Mexico. A timetable of the history of New Mexico mining is contained within the manuscript. Subjects included are ghost towns, inhabited towns, counties, forts, mining history and locations, and New Mexican history. Also included are clippings pertaining to nearly 300 prominent New Mexicans. Related...
Collection — Box: 1
Abstract Four photographs made at the Lucky Mine and Nanny Baird Mines, owned by the Lucky Mining Company, Orogrande, New Mexico, ca. 1905. Photographs depict one interior and three exterior scenes showing miners, mine operations, buildings and the mining site.
Scope and Content Collection consists of records and correspondence from Manuel Sanchez's law practice. Includes case files, carbon copies of letters sent and legal documents, clients' letters received, briefs, and law reports and related material on a wide range of subjects.
Some materials are in Spanish.
Some materials are in Spanish.
Dates: 1802-1969 (bulk, 1920-1950)
Abstract The Steck Papers contain correspondence and business records relating to Steck's tenure as Indian Agent and Superintendent of Indian Affairs for New Mexico. Also contains records of his involvement with the New Mexico Mining Company and with railroad operations in Pennsylvania.
Dates: 1839-1933 (bulk 1852-1880)
Scope and Content As of 1999 collection consists of records of the New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology, its predecessor the New Mexico School of Mines, and the New Mexico Bureau of Mines and Mineral Resources (1895-1984). New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology records include catalogs (1951-1981), student handbooks (1959-1968), pamphlets, and student-faculty directories. New Mexico School of Mines records include catalogs (1930-1951), and a biennial report (1947-1949). New Mexico Bureau of Mines...
Scope and Content As of 1997 collection consists of records of the New Mexico State Land Office (including the Commissioner of Public Lands) and its predecessors the Board of Public Lands and the Territorial Public Land Office (1899-1991). Includes various reports, administrative correspondence, minutes, oil and gas leases, publications, clippings, and ledger books. Much of the material concerns mining, grazing, and logging in New Mexico.
Scope and Content As of 1999 collection consists of records of the New Mexico State Mine Inspector (1895-1981). Includes annual reports, administrative correspondence with miners' unions and federal mining agencies, speeches, inspection reports, and materials on various topics such as mining accidents and safety. Also within the collection are annual reports of the U.S. Coal Mine Inspector for the Territory of New Mexico (1895) and the U.S. Mine Inspector for the Territory of New Mexico (1903-1911), and...
Scope and Content Collection consists of records of the New Mexico Territorial Bureau of Immigration (1880-1911). Includes annual and biennial reports; publications; minutes of annual meetings (1907, 1911); reports from counties on climate, minerals, and agricultural and water resources; and reports from various towns giving population, geographical descriptions, transportation lines, water and fuel resources, industries, climate, schools, banks, and hotels.
Some materials are in Spanish.
Some materials are in Spanish.
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 19
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 12
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 7
- New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections 2
- New Mexico Highlands University 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- New Mexico 22
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 11
- Annual reports 8
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 8
- Clippings 7
- Mines and mineral resources--New Mexico 7
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 7
- Administrative agencies -- New Mexico 6
- State government records 6
- Territorial records 5
- Addresses 4
- Conveyances 4
- Extradition -- New Mexico 4
- Land grants -- New Mexico 4
- Mines and mineral resources --New Mexico 4
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 4
- New Mexico -- History 4
- Proclamations 4
- Railroads -- New Mexico 4
- Real property -- New Mexico 4
- Reports 4
- Wills 4
- Account books 3
- Contracts 3
- Deeds 3
- Estate records 3
- Governors--New Mexico 3
- Land tenure -- New Mexico 3
- Legal documents 3
- Map 3
- Minutes (Records) 3
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1951- 3
- Photographs 3
- Publications 3
- Water resources development -- New Mexico 3
- Agriculture -- New Mexico 2
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History 2
- Black-and-white photographs 2
- Conservation of natural resources--New Mexico 2
- Correspondence 2
- Diaries 2
- Estate inventories 2
- Homestead law -- New Mexico 2
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico 2
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico 2
- Lawyers -- New Mexico 2
- Leases 2
- Los Cerrillos (N.M.) -- History 2
- Manuscripts 2
- Mines and mineral resources -- Colorado 2
- Mines and mineral resources -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe County 2
- Mining camps--New Mexico 2
- Mining districts--New Mexico 2
- Navajo Indian Reservation 2
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 2
- New Mexico's Digital Collections 2
- Newsletters 2
- Newspapers 2
- Pamphlets 2
- Pardon--New Mexico 2
- Ranches -- New Mexico 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- Spain -- Colonies -- America -- Administration 2
- Water rights -- New Mexico 2
- World War, 1939-1945 2
- Abstracts 1
- Affidavits 1
- Agricultural engineers -- United States 1
- Agricultural industries -- New Mexico 1
- Agriculture -- Defense measures 1
- Agriculture -- Finance 1
- Agriculture -- International cooperation 1
- Alabados 1
- Alameda (N.M.) -- History 1
- Alameda Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Alamogordo (N.M.) -- History 1
- Albumen prints 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Newspapers 1
- Americans -- Mexico 1
- Archaeology -- New Mexico 1
- Archives --New Mexico--Catalogs 1
- Art festivals – New Mexico – Las Vegas 1
- Art festivals – New Mexico – Santa Fe 1
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Taos 1
- Arts – New Mexico 1
- Bernalillo (N.M.) -- History 1
- Bernalillo County (N.M.) -- History 1
- Biography 1
- Blumenthal collection of New Mexicana 1
- Bounties --New Mexico 1
- Business cards 1
- Camps -- New Mexico 1
- Candelaria (N.M.) -- History 1
- Canon de San Diego de Jemez Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Carbonateville (N.M.) -- History 1
- Card files 1
- Cartes-de-visite (card photographs) 1
- Cattle brands --- New Mexico -- Bernalillo County 1
- Cañon del Agua Land Grant (N.M.) 1 ∧ less
- English 40
- Undetermined 25
- Spanish; Castilian 2
- Cutting, Bronson M., 1888-1935 3
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 2
- Campbell, Thomas D. (Thomas Donald), 1882-1966 2
- Chavez, Dennis, 1888-1962 2
- Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.) 2
- Air Force Association 1
- Albright Art Parlors (Albuquerque, N.M.) 1
- Andrews, William H. (William Henry), 1842-1919 1
- Berninghaus, Oscar E. (Oscar Edmund), 1874-1952 1
- Cassidy, Ina Sizer, 1869-1965 1
- Collier, John, 1884-1968 1
- Democratic Party (N.M.). State Central Committee 1
- Detroit Photographic Co 1
- Dillon, Richard Charles, 1877-1966 1
- Fall, Albert B. (Albert Bacon), 1861-1944 1
- Federal Writers' Project. New Mexico 1
- Hanna, Richard H 1
- Hanna, Wilson, and Brophy 1
- Jackson, William Henry, 1843-1942 1
- Jones, Andrieus Aristieus, 1862-1927 1
- Missouri Pacific Railway Company 1
- Navajo Oil Company 1
- New Mexico Mining Company 1
- New Mexico Municipal League 1
- New Mexico. Bureau of Immigration 1
- Rynerson, William Logan 1
- Sanchez, Jane C. 1
- Sellers, D. K. B. 1
- Taos Society of Artists 1
- Thorp, N. Howard (Nathan Howard), 1867-1940 1
- United States. Army. Volunteer Cavalry, 1st 1
- United States. Bureau of Indian Affairs 1
- United States. Bureau of Mines 1
- United States. Work Projects Administration 1
- University of New Mexico 1
- Wittick, Ben, 1845-1903 1 ∧ less