Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 37
Scope and Content This small collection contains records of marriages, baptisms, and funerals at which A. A. Hyde officiated while serving as a Methodist Episcopal pastor in New Mexico. The marriage records date 1890-1893 and 1895-1897. Some of these records indicate the occupation of the groom. The baptismal records date 1891-1894 and the burials date 1890-1891. Also in the collection is a Socorro concert program dated April 23, 1889.
Scope and Content Collection consists of correspondence, personal papers, manuscripts, genealogies, and clippings. Subjects include New Mexican customs and folklore, land grants and titles, and prominent figures in New Mexico history. Other topics include Chaves and Ortiz family histories, the 1680 Pueblo Revolt, and New Mexicos school system. Notable correspondents are Charles F. Lummis, B.W. "Win Page, Katharine Chaves Page, and Stephen B. Elkins. This collection was transferred from the Museum of New Mexico...
Abstract Genealogical chart of the Anastasio Apodaca family, compiled by Emilio H. Apodaca of Socorro, New Mexico. The family is directly descended from the Spanish colonizers who founded Socorro, Texas in 1681.
Scope and Content This collection is limited to the research notes for Fray Angélico Chavez' work entitled, New Mexico Roots Ltd, 1678-1869 (11 Volumes), 1982 which consist of biographical information gathered from the Diligencias Matrimoniales (DM's) 1678-1869 (Pre-Nuptial Investigations) required by the Catholic Church. Most of the DM's are housed within the Archives of the Archdiocese of Santa Fe. The collection consists of twenty-six (26) notebooks of research...
Scope and Content The Atrisco Oral History Project, also known as Herencia: The Atrisco Community, was conducted over nine months in 1984, with the exception of one interview which was conducted in 1981. The project was directed by Dr. Raymond Burrola and consists of interviews with 35 residents of the Atrisco area in Albuquerque's South Valley. The project was sponsored by the Southwest Hispanic Research Institute at the University of New Mexico, in conjunction with the Albuquerque Museum and University of New...
Dates: 1981-1984, (bulk 1984)
Abstract This collection contains testimony from the U.S. Court of Private Land Claims regarding the legitimacy of the Caja del Rio grant involving a legal dispute between the descendants of Nicolas Ortiz, Ni?o Ladr?n de Guebara (the original grantee) and Willi Spiegelberg. It also includes legal documents confirming genealogy of the Ortiz family and records of sales of this land in 1860 from the Ortiz family through various owners, to Thomas B. Catron in 1909.
Dates: 1887-1914 (bulk 1904-1914)
Identifier: AC 231
Scope and Content Collection consists of handwritten originals, German typescripts, and typed English translations of letters from Carl Blumner to his mother Johanna Blumner and his sister Hannchen in Prussia concerning his and his brother August's activities in Santa Fe. The letters were written between 1936-1909, and include a few attached letters by his brother August as well as a few letters by his son. Collection also includes genealogies of the Blumner familiy, and an obituary of Carl Blumner. Letters...
Scope and Content The collection contains historical information about the Jose Felipe Castillo family. This includes photographs and documentation pertaining to both the original and rebuilt Castillo family houses and family chapel (Our Lady of Refuge). The original house contained an attached chapel, and was built in 1878 by Franciso Castillo y Pino, father of Jose Felipe Castillo in Sauzal, New Mexico, which is south of Belen and near Las Nutrias. The house was torn down in 1923, and a new house with a...
Identifier: AC 462-p
Scope and Content Collection contains bible pages, letters, news clippings including obituaries of the Charles Wittick family of Moline, Illinois. Collection also includes a poem by Charles Wittick "Kith and Kin."
Dates: 1903 - 2004; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Abstract The Daughters of the American Revolution, Doña Ana Chapter records document the activities of the local chapter of the national organization. The collection consists of organizational records, scrapbooks and photographs. The records cover the period 1942 - 2018 and depict the function of a social organization within the Las Cruces area. The Duaghters of the American Revolution is a non-profit organization that promotes historic preservation, education and patriotism. The organzation was founded...
Dates: 1929 - 2018
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of materials on churches and watersheds in northern New Mexico. Includes correspondence, minutes, reports and clippings on the restoration of the San Jose de la Gracia Church in Las Trampas; reports and notes on Valle Grande Church in Villanueva; and reports on tree-ring dating the Santa Cruz Church in Santa Cruz and two houses in Santa Fe. Also within the collection are reports and correspondence concerning the Rio Penasco Watershed, an article about the Rio...
Scope and Content The East Mountain Oral History Project collection consists of interviews conducted by Joyce Mendel with the following residents: Jose Candelaria, Bob Cooper, Adilia Garcia, Leandro Garcia, Barbara Herrera, Tom Herrera, Bill Loudon, Andres Mora, Antonia Mora, Dorela Perea, David Salazar, Jacquelyn Schaefer, M. Zanettie and Vicki Scoresone. The interviews are in a combination of English and Spanish languages. The collection also includes a tape of reminiscences from Alejandro Herrera, recorded in...
Dates: 1908-2001 (bulk, 1989-1996)
Identifier: AC 568-p
Scope and Content Collection contains correspondence of Edna McClellan of New York City to collect money through chain letters to build a home in Washington D. C. for Admiral Winfield Scott Schley, commander of the USS Brooklyn and the “Hero of Santiago” of the Spanish-American War. Collection also contains correspondence between the Admiral and McClellan, legal documents concerning Schley, and a number of newspaper clippings about McClellan and the “Endless Chain” letters. Also part of the collection are...
Dates: 1867-1918; Majority of material found in 1900-1903
Identifier: AC 211
Scope and Content The collection revolves around the internationally recognized sculptor and longtime resident of Santa Fe -- Eugenie Fredericka Shonnard. The bulk of the collection is from the mid-nineteenth century to the late 1970s. The collection is arranged both topically and chronologically. Biographical sketches precede those individuals whose papers comprise a significant portion of the overall collection. Collection consists of letters, diaries, ledgers, clippings, scrapbooks, notebooks,...
Dates: 1729-1978 (bulk, 1850-1978)
Scope and Content This collection is divided into three series: Genealogy, Folklore and History, and Personal. The genealogy series contains notes, narratives, charts, last wills and testaments, correspondence, and other documents pertaining to the Baca and Delgado families and their relations. The Folklore and History series primarily contains narratives and notes, written by Fabiola Cabeza de Baca Gilbert. Her writings combine historical research with local folklore and tradition in topics relating...
Identifier: AC 520
Scope and Content Collection contains correspondence, notes, ephemeral items, financial materials, and legal documents of the Fred Harvey company as well as personal papers of Fred Harvey and his extended families. The papers originated from three Fred Harvey great-grandchildren (Steward, Dagget, and Helen). While assembled as one collection, the three entities have mostly been retained.
Dates: 1858-1990; Majority of material found in 1900-1985
Identifier: AC 071
Scope and Content Included in this collection are Isabel Eckles' memorabilia, personal correspondence and papers pertaining to her various interests. Among the photocopied documents are memoirs written by Addison M. Williams and edited by E. Dana Johnson including poems, short stories, and a 79 page autobiography titled: "My Yesterdays: The Autobiography of an Ordinary Citizen: A Narrative of Early Days from Ohio to Old Santa Fe and Montana. Sidelights on the Formative Period in Some Far Western...
Identifier: AC 277-p
Scope and Content Letter discusses the genealogy of a Long Island family.
Scope and Content Collection consists of the John Paul Delgado papers (1910-1992) and the military papers of Manuel Delgado (1774-1804). The bulk of the collection covers the years 1910-1992. John Paul Delgado papers include some materials concerning his grandfather Benjamin Read, genealogical materials concerning the Delgado Family, and various clippings and other materials concerning John Paul Delgado's acting career. Also includes black and white photographs of John Paul and the Delgado Family, photocopies of...
Dates: 1774-1992 (bulk 1910-1992)
Abstract The family papers contain land deeds, genealogical material, and photographs pertaining to the Trujillo family. As noted by a family descendant, Juan Jose, and Rosaura Trujillo were one of the first residents of Santa Teresa, "Hatch"/Placitas" area and were involved in the farming profession. The bulk of the papers include genealogical material relating to the family, created by Josephine S.Vasquez - a descendant of the family. The materials date from 1862-2020.
Dates: 1862 - 2020
Identifier: AC 404
Scope and Content Collecton consists of material from the descendants of Stephen Watts Kearny, including newspaper clippings, handwritten notes on the Kearny family genealogy, letters, and legal documents.
Abstract The collection centers on New Mexico State Register nominations for the Goodson School and D.D. Monroe Civic Building/Clayton Public Library in Union County, NM, as well as genealogical research pertaining to the Sayre and Monroe families.
Identifier: AC 484
Scope and Content The collection consists of genealogical family information, correspondence, legal and real estate documents, and (typed and handwritten) autobiographical notes. Papers pertain to Kenneth Chapman's work with the Museum of New Mexico, Edgar L. Hewett and others, the Indian Arts Fund, general archaeology and the preservation of Pueblo pottery.
Dates: 1848-1968; Majority of material found in 1928-1968
Scope and Content Collection consists of photocopies of documents involving members of the Mariano Chavez family and others. Most of the materials concern land grants, wills and estates, land conveyances, and litigation over land and water disputes in New Mexico during the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. Other materials include inventories of personal property, a license to build a chapel at San Jose de Chama (1844), a geneaology of the Chavez family, a collection of alabados (religious verses), and...
Dates: 1763-1967 (bulk 1763-1873)
Identifier: AC 602
Scope and Content Collection includes but is not limited to genealogical data and family information, church records from Northern New Mexico, cemetery maps, and Raton, NM, history. Maps with significant personal annotations related to her research, and maps of non-New Mexico places related to Robertson’s genealogy have been left in the collection
- Subject: Genealogy X
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 16
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 14
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 4
- New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections 3
- Genealogy 16
- Clippings 12
- Photographs 7
- New Mexico -- Genealogy 5
- Oral histories 4
- Certificates 3
- Correspondence 3
- Diaries 3
- Family papers 3
- Land grants -- New Mexico 3
- Letters 3
- New Mexico -- Ethnic relations 3
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 3
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 3
- New Mexico--Genealogy 3
- Poems 3
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- History 3
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 3
- Scrapbooks 3
- Wills 3
- Acculturation -- New Mexico 2
- Deeds 2
- Education -- New Mexico 2
- Education, Bilingual--New Mexico 2
- Exhibition catalogs 2
- Folklore -- New Mexico 2
- Frontier and pioneer life -- New Mexico 2
- Governors -- New Mexico 2
- Hispanic Americans--Cultural assimilation 2
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico 2
- Las Cruces (N.M.) -- History 2
- Legal documents 2
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 2
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 2
- New Mexico--Ethnic relations 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Commerce 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Description and travel 2
- Short stories 2
- Abiquiu (N.M.) 1
- Account books 1
- Actors -- New Mexico 1
- Address books 1
- Alabados 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History -- Anecdotes 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Antonio Ortiz Grant (N.M.) 1
- Archaeologists -- New Mexico 1
- Archives, Diocesan New Mexico Santa Fe 1
- Art--New Mexico--Santa Fe 1
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Atrisco (Albuquerque, N.M.) -- History 1
- Atrisco Albuquerque, N.M. -- Social life and customs 1
- Authors, American -- Kansas 1
- Authors, American -- New Mexico 1
- Baptismal records -- New Mexico 1
- Berkeley (Calif.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Black-and-white photographs 1
- Business cards 1
- Caja del Rio Grande Collection 1
- Caja del Rio Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Cañoncito Navajo Indian Reservation (N.M.) 1
- Cañoncito Navajo Indian Reservation (N.M.) -- History 1
- Cañoncito Navajo Indian Reservation (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Cañones (N.M.) -- Genealogy 1
- Cañones (N.M.) -- Rural conditions 1
- Cañones (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Cemeteries -- New Mexico 1
- Chimayo (N.M.) -- History 1
- Church buildings -- New Mexico 1
- Church buildings -- New Mexico -- Belen 1
- Church records and registers New Mexico 1
- Colfax County (N.M.) -- Genealogy 1
- Colfax County (N.M.) -- History 1
- Commercial art 1
- Contact sheets 1
- Conveyances 1
- Daughters of the American Revolution 1
- Dendrochronology -- New Mexico -- Santa Cruz 1
- Dendrochronology -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Ditches -- New Mexico 1
- Doña Ana County (N.M.) -- History 1
- Drawing 1
- Earthquakes -- California -- San Francisco 1
- East Mountain area (N.M.) -- History -- Anecdotes 1
- East Mountain area (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Education--New Mexico 1
- Epidemics--New Mexico 1
- Excerpts 1
- Family archives New Mexico 1
- Family histories 1
- Farming 1
- Fiction 1
- Field notes 1
- Financial records 1
- Fires -- California -- San Francisco 1
- Folklore and history -- New Mexico 1
- Fort March (N.M.) 1
- Frontier and pioneer life--New Mexico 1 ∧ less
- English 34
- Undetermined 15
- Spanish; Castilian 6
- German 1
- span 1
- Catron, Thomas Benton, 1840-1921 2
- Albuquerque Museum 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 1
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of Santa Fe (N.M.) 1
- Chapman, Kenneth Milton, 1875-1968 1
- Chavez, Angelico, 1910-1996 1
- Cutting, Bronson M., 1888-1935 1
- Dillon, Richard Charles, 1877-1966 1
- Elkins, Stephen B. (Stephen Benton), 1841-1911 1
- Fred Harvey (Firm) 1
- Hagerman, Herbert J. (Herbert James), 1871-1935 1
- Harvey, Fred 1
- Hewett, Edgar L. (Edgar Lee), 1865-1946 1
- Laboratory of Anthropology (Museum of New Mexico) 1
- Long, Haniel, 1888-1956 1
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 1
- Mechem, E. L. (Edwin Leard), 1912-2002 1
- Nusbaum, Jesse L. (Jesse Logan), 1887-1975 1
- Prince, L. Bradford (Le Baron Bradford), 1840-1922 1
- United States. Work Projects Administration 1
- Vasquez, Josephine 1
- Wittick, Ben, 1845-1903 1 ∧ less