Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 242
Abstract This collection depicts major events in the history of Mexico, from Spanish contact with the indigenous peoples to political events of the early 20th Century. Images dealing with Spanish missionization of the indigenous population, the Mexican War of Independence, the Mexican American War, and the Mexican Revolution are included. The relationship between the United States and Mexico is also a major theme addressed in a number of images.
Abstract Collection contains views of Mexico from the series "Vistas Mexicanas" by Abel Briquet, a French photographer who worked in Mexico at the turn of the century.
Abstract The album contains 110 prints depicting Mexican President Abelardo Rodriguez as well as political events from his presidency.
Abstract The collection documents the history of the Acequia de Abajo, Precinct 2, Sandoval County, N.M. between 1919 and 1934.
Scope and Content The Alamo Navajo Oral History Project collection consists of 23 interviews on 26 CDs with related photographs. The interviews were conducted between 1977 and 1984 with people from the Alamo Navajo Reservation in southwestern New Mexico. The interviewees include: Louise Abeyta, Narciso Abeyta, John Anderson Pino, Denny Y. Apachito, Julian Apachito, Martiano Apachito, Billy Apachito, Hattie Apachito, Helen Apachito, Ida Apachito, Bessie Field Baca, John M. Baca. Thomas Ganadonegro, John Guerro,...
Abstract This collection contains song recordings, interviews and photos that Alan Paine Radebaugh collected from four New Mexico country western singers and musicians: Joseph Looney, Robert Carley, Ned Holloway and Sidney Fleming. In addition, there are performances by other early, leading country singers from New Mexico, Texas, California, Kansas and other parts of the country. Some of them were recorded at fiddle contests.
Abstract This collection consists of one photoprint of a handwritten document, entitled "Confundis de la Historia del Pintoresco Pueblo de la Mesilla," by Colonel Albert Jennings Fountain. The document outlines the role of the town of la Mesilla in the history of New Mexico, with regard to the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo, the Gadsden Purchase, and the Civil War.
Abstract This collection consists of photos and documents primarily related to Albino Mendoza’s artistic work at the Teatro Casino Luís Mier y Terán in Oaxaca, Mexico.
Abstract This collection contains pamphlets related to Albuquerque and New Mexico. Topics range from political campaigns to national parks and monuments, and conferences convening in this area. Many pamphlets are aimed toward prospective residents, tourists, and health-seeking visitors to New Mexico.
Abstract This collection is comprised of eight documents regarding land sales or conveyances and one account of a miracle that occurred in 1839. The land documents are related to the Albuquerque, New Mexico area.
Abstract Alfonso Sanchez was the District Attorney for Rio Arriba County during the land struggle of Reies Lopez Tijerina and the Alianza Federal de las Mercedes. The collection consists of biographical materials pertaining to Alfonso Sanchez, as well as materials pertaining to the Tierra Amarillo land grant and Reies Lopez Tijerina.
Dates: 1856-2004; Majority of material found within 1955-1970
Abstract 8 lithographs by Alfredo Zalce of Yucatán subjects: people, laborers, landscapes. Printed by José Sanchez at the , it is no. 93 of a limited edition of 100 published by in 1946.Taller de Gráfica Popular, it is no. 93 of a limited edition of 100 published by Estampa Mexicana in 1946.
Abstract The collection documents the American G.I. Forum (AGIF) of New Mexico and its advocacy work. AGIF New Mexico files include records of the national AGIF organization.
Abstract This collection of black-and-white photos (with typewritten text on back) shows pupils and teachers at the Rationalist or Socialist Schools of Tabasco, Mexico, where agricultural practices were taught in post-Revolutionary Mexico.
Abstract This collection of sound recordings was donated to the John Donald Robb Archive of Southwestern Music by Antonio Garcia. The music is mainly from San Juan Pueblo, New Mexico, with a few songs of the Huichol of Mexico. In addition, several songs are from the Iroquois and one is from the Ojibwa or Chippewa Tribe.
Dates: ca. 1941-1965; Majority of material found within 1960-65
Scope and Content This collection contains original printing press material from the press of Padre Antonio Martinez. The booklets are in Spanish. This is an artificial collection and additional material will be added as it is collected.
Abstract This collection contains 20 prints by Taller de Gráfica Popular artists Jesus Alvarez Amaya, Alberto Beltrán, Angel Bracho, Celia Calderon, Luis Chaco, Andrea Gomez, Elena Huerta, Xavier Iniguez, Leopoldo Mendez, and Manuel Perez Coronado, commemorating the presidency of Benito Juárez (Mexico, 1858-1872).
Abstract Microfilm collection of 17th-19th century documents obtained from the Archivo Histórico de Cartago in Cartago, Valle, Colombia, by researcher Dr. Larry Larrichio.
Abstract This collection contains 3 mounted photographs and a set of postcards entitled "Como es Buenos Aires en la Actualidad."
Abstract The collection contains albumen prints which depict the Argentine city of Corrientes and the surrounding province of the same name.
Abstract This collection contains construction and working drawings from projects created by Arthur Dekker from 1959 to 1970. These projects mainly document buildings constructed in the State of New Mexico, many of which were located in Albuquerque. Many of these structures were located along historic Route 66 and the surrounding area.
Abstract Wood engraving prints, event posters, and mural stencils depicting aspects of early 21st century Mexican political matters in Oaxaca.
Scope and Content The Atrisco Oral History Project, also known as Herencia: The Atrisco Community, was conducted over nine months in 1984, with the exception of one interview which was conducted in 1981. The project was directed by Dr. Raymond Burrola and consists of interviews with 35 residents of the Atrisco area in Albuquerque's South Valley. The project was sponsored by the Southwest Hispanic Research Institute at the University of New Mexico, in conjunction with the Albuquerque Museum and University of New...
Dates: 1981-1984, (bulk 1984)
Abstract Contains material produced or collected by Aurelio Espinosa Sr. and Aurelio Espinosa Jr. Both father and son were pioneers in the fields of New Mexican Spanish language and regional folklore and cultural productions. The material in the collection also reflects the extensive research on folklore traditions both father and son conducted in Latin America and particularly in Spain where they befriended and interacted with Spanish officials including General Francisco Franco during his regime.
Scope and Content This collection consists of the research materials, collected data, publications and reports used and generated in conjunction with the Barelas Community Project. Video and audio taped interviews, questionnaires, sociometric surveys, and information secured from informants are included in the collection. Box 1 contains most of the printed data and research, including the project proposal, surveys, and reports. A copy of Los Bareleños de Albuquerque,...
Dates: 1877-1985; Majority of material found in 1973-1974
- Photographs 41
- Sound recordings 22
- Mural painting and decoration 15
- Letters 12
- Oral histories 12
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 11
- Map 9
- Posters 9
- Postcards 8
- Clippings 7
- Lithographs 7
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 7
- Prints -- Mexico 7
- Correspondence 6
- Folk music -- New Mexico 6
- Land grants -- New Mexico 6
- Music -- New Mexico 6
- Photograph albums 6
- Prints 6
- Songs, Spanish -- New Mexico 6
- Cityscapes 5
- Land tenure -- New Mexico 5
- Alabados 4
- Albumen prints 4
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History 4
- Country music 4
- Folk music – New Mexico 4
- Hispanic Americans -- Music 4
- Mexican American poets 4
- Mexico -- History -- Revolution, 1910-1920 4
- Mexico City (Mexico) 4
- New Mexico -- History 4
- New Mexico--Ethnic relations 4
- Photographic prints 4
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 3
- Caricatures and cartoons -- Mexico 3
- Christmas plays, Spanish -- New Mexico 3
- Church buildings -- Mexico -- Pictorial works 3
- Church music -- Catholic Church 3
- City and town life -- Mexico 3
- Contracts 3
- Corridos 3
- Cristero Rebellion, 1926-1929 3
- Fanzines 3
- Fiddle tunes 3
- Flamenco 3
- Folk dance music -- New Mexico 3
- Folk songs, Spanish -- New Mexico 3
- Frontier and pioneer life -- New Mexico 3
- Hymns, Spanish -- New Mexico 3
- Indians of Mexico 3
- Indians of North America -- Music 3
- Linocuts 3
- Mariachi 3
- Markets -- Mexico 3
- Matachines (Music) 3
- Mexico -- History 3
- New Mexico -- Ethnic relations 3
- New Mexico -- Genealogy 3
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 20th century 3
- New Mexico's Digital Collections 3
- Old-time music 3
- Pictorial works 3
- Political posters 3
- Portraits 3
- Presidents -- Mexico 3
- Pueblo Indians -- History 3
- Screen prints 3
- Slides (Photography) 3
- Wood-engraving, Mexican 3
- Account books 2
- Acculturation -- New Mexico 2
- Agriculture -- New Mexico 2
- American poetry -- Mexican American authors 2
- Architects 2
- Architecture -- New Mexico 2
- Architecture--Designs and plans 2
- Argentina -- Politics and Government -- 20th century 2
- Art, Mexican 2
- Articles 2
- Aztecs -- History 2
- Bird's-eye views 2
- Broadsides -- Mexico 2
- Bullfights -- Spain 2
- Chile -- Pictorial works 2
- Chile--Politics and government--20th century -- Posters 2
- Church buildings -- Mexico 2
- Cityscape photographs 2
- Cityscapes -- Mexico 2
- Collotypes 2
- Comic books, strips, etc. 2
- Costume -- Mexico 2
- Country music – New Mexico 2
- Cuba--Politics and government -- 20th century -- Posters 2
- Deeds 2
- Diaries 2
- Drawings (visual works) 2
- Education, Bilingual 2
- Education, Bilingual--New Mexico 2
- Education--New Mexico 2 ∧ less
- English 134
- Undetermined 12
- Portuguese 7
- French 5
- North American Indian languages 5
- German 4
- Italian 4
- Navajo; Navaho 4
- Japanese 2
- Latin 2
- Apache languages 1
- Central American Indian languages 1
- Catalan; Valencian 1
- Chinese 1
- Dutch; Flemish 1
- Hungarian 1
- Lao 1
- Mayan languages 1
- Russian 1
- Zuni 1 ∧ less
- Briquet, Abel 5
- Bloom, Lansing Bartlett, 1880- 3
- Prince, L. Bradford (Le Baron Bradford), 1840-1922 3
- Catron, Thomas Benton, 1840-1921 2
- Charlot, Jean, 1898-1979 2
- Ellis, Florence Hawley 2
- Jackson, William Henry, 1843-1942 2
- Mares, E. A., 1938-2015 2
- Tireman, L. S. (Loyd Spencer), 1896-1959 2
- Zapata, Emiliano, 1879-1919 2
- Aberle, Sophie D., 1899-1996 1
- Adams, Eleanor B. (Eleanor Burnham), 1910-1996 1
- Aguirre, Ignacio, 1900-1990 1
- Alari, José Ignacio, b. 1746 1
- Albuquerque Museum 1
- Anaya, Rudolfo A., 1937-2020 1
- Anguiano, Raúl, 1915-2006 1
- Apodaca, Jerry, 1934- 1
- Archivo General de la Nación (Mexico) 1
- Arellano, Juan Estevan 1
- Areu, Manuel, 1845-1942 1
- Arrieta, Emilio, 1823-1894 1
- Atencio, Tomás, 1932-2014 1
- Baca, Elfego, 1864-1945 1
- Baca, Jimmy Santiago, 1952- 1
- Bandelier, Adolph Francis Alphonse, 1840-1914 1
- Barbieri, Francisco Asenjo, 1823-1894 1
- Bent, Charles, 1799-1847 1
- Charles Ilfeld Company 1
- Cobos, Rubén 1
- Corrales Acequia Association 1
- Cutting, Bronson M., 1888-1935 1
- Democratic Party (N.M.). State Central Committee 1
- Dissette, Mary E. 1
- Elkins, Stephen B. (Stephen Benton), 1841-1911 1
- Espinosa, Aurelio M. (Aurelio Macedonio), 1907-2004 1
- Espinosa, Aurelio Macedonio, 1880-1958 1
- Fall, Albert B. (Albert Bacon), 1861-1944 1
- Horne, Walter H., 1883-1921 1
- Jones, Andrieus Aristieus, 1862-1927 1
- Marquez, Esteban 1
- Perón, Eva, 1919-1952 1
- Phelps, Dodge & Co 1
- Serna, Elizabeth 1
- Stinson, Katherine, 1891-1977 1
- Tijerina, Reies 1
- Zimmerman, Carle C., 1897-1983 1
- Álvarez Quintero, Joaquín, 1873-1944 1
- Álvarez Quintero, Serafín, 1871-1938 1 ∧ less