Andrew Hunter Whiteford Semana Santa Research Collection
Scope and Content
Much of the material in this collection is in Spanish.
A preponderance of Whiteford's career (1942-1974) was with Beloit College as a faculty member in the Anthropology Department. Twenty of these years, he served as department chair. A committed teacher, he believed in the importance of training undergraduate cultural anthropology students in the field, often taking them with him on trips to Latin America. Whiteford also held appointments as curator and director of Beloit College's Logan Museum of Anthropology.
Retiring to Santa Fe, N.M. in 1976, he became active at the Indian Arts Research Centre at the School of American Research, the Wheelwright Museum of the American Indian, New Mexico Museum of Indian Arts and Culture, and the Laboratory of Anthropology. During this time, he published significant works on Native American art.
1 box (.45 cu. ft.), + 1 oversize folder
Language of Materials
- Finding Aid of the Andrew Hunter Whiteford Semana Santa Research Collection, 1927-1971
- Processed by B. Silbergleit
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//University of New Mexico::Center for Southwest Research//TEXT (US::NmU::MSS 723 BC::Andrew Hunter Whiteford Semana Santa Research Collection)//EN" "nmu1mss723bc.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.
Part of the UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections Repository
University of New Mexico Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections
University Libraries, MSC05 3020
1 University of New Mexico
Albuquerque NM 87131