Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 158
Identifier: AC 065
Scope and Content Supported by photographs now in Photo Archives, History Bureau, Museum of New Mexico, this collection (hereafter cited as the La Fonda Hotel Collection) consists of a body of manuscript materials relation to efforts by the Atchinson, Topeka and Santa Fe Railroad and the Fred Harvey group to sponsor a Southwestern Indian Exhibit at "A Century of Progress, International Exposition; Chicago, 1933" -- more commonly known as the 1933 Chicago World's Fair. Arrangement: By subject matter...
Abstract Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps (AFROTC) records document the activities of the Detachment (Det) 510 between 1949 and 2011. Det 510 was first established at the University of New Mexico in 1949 and it is one of 145 detachments across the nation.
Scope and Content Collection consists of papers pertaining to the property known as Whitten Hall located on the corner of Guadalupe St. and Garfield St. in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Includes title abstracts (1869-1964), a clipping, and a photograph with Whitten Hall in the background.
Scope and Content Collection consists of the papers of the Rogers family (Albert Sr., Albert Jr., Helen, and Waldo). The bulk of the collection consists of Albert Jr.s business and legal papers (1898-1956). Legal papers include Supreme Court of New Mexico case files involving the City of Raton; district court case files; and land grant case files involving the Maxwell, Preston Beck, Anton Chico, and Mora land grants. Also included are records from the settlement of Leah Ilfelds estate and one land grant map....
Abstract The Albuquerque Booksellers Coalition worked with the UNM Campus Community Coalition to oppose the building of the proposed University of New Mexico bookstore on Central Avenue. This collection includes student and community generated meeting agendas, minutes, flyers, announcements and clippings.
Abstract This collection contains the records of the Albuquerque Center for Peace and Justice. It includes information on the history and structure of the organization and its work on issues including nuclear disarmament, nonviolence, solidarity with Central America, and military recruitment.
Dates: 1961-2010; Majority of material found within 1980-1989
Identifier: AC 087
Scope and Content This collection consists of records from the School of American Archaeology in Santa Fe. Includes minutes, announcements, pamphlets, clippings, reports, official correspondence, and financial documents. Much of the correspondence involves officials at the School of American Archaeology and its parent institution the Archaeological Institute of America, including Edgar Hewett, Charles Lummis, Francis Kelsey, and Charles Bowditch, as well as scholars such as Jesse Fewkes.
Scope and Content Collection consists of correspondence, personal papers, manuscripts, genealogies, and clippings. Subjects include New Mexican customs and folklore, land grants and titles, and prominent figures in New Mexico history. Other topics include Chaves and Ortiz family histories, the 1680 Pueblo Revolt, and New Mexicos school system. Notable correspondents are Charles F. Lummis, B.W. "Win Page, Katharine Chaves Page, and Stephen B. Elkins. This collection was transferred from the Museum of New Mexico...
Abstract The collection documents the American G.I. Forum (AGIF) of New Mexico and its advocacy work. AGIF New Mexico files include records of the national AGIF organization.
Scope and Content Series I consists primarily of probate, mining, and real estate records. Probate records include those involving the Kiker, Lischke (Siringo Ranch), and Rolshoven estates. Series II includes materials from the Nuremberg War Crime Trials. Series III includes Albert's correspondence from 1937 to 1974. Most of the correspondence concerns legal issues in New Mexico and includes several letters from Thomas B. Forbis, an attorney in Roswell, New Mexico.
Collection — Small-Collections-Box: 11, Folder: PICT 2020-013
Abstract This artificial collection includes graphic materials and print ephemera from locations and businesses in Arizona.
Scope and Content Collection consists of professional and personal papers of Armstrong and his wife, Alta Morton Armstrong. Includes scrapbooks, newspaper clippings, and family memorabilia.
Identifier: AC 166
Scope and Content Collection consists of the scrapbooks of New Mexico Governor Arthur Seligman, 1930-1933. Clippings represent newspapers throughout New Mexico and reflect the activities of Seligman as governor. Subjects include; politics, pardons, education, official appointments, veterans, the economy, the National Recovery Administration, and other related topics. The collection is rich in clippings pertaining to the National Miners' Union Strike of 1933 in Gallup, New Mexico.
Identifier: AC 007
Scope and Content The Association's papers consist of the records of Santa Fe preservationists who unsuccessfully attempted in 1948-49 to save the so-called "Lamy House" and the "Old Santa Fe Trading Post" on Cathedral Place from destruction by the A.T. & S.F. Railroad for expansion of their La Fonda Hotel.
Identifier: AC 015
Scope and Content Collection consists of materials concerning the Battle of Glorieta Pass, fought between Union and Confederate troops in northern New Mexico on March 28, 1862. This battle was the deciding Civil War conflict in New Mexico. Most of the collection relates to the 1987 discovery of a mass grave containing the remains of 31 Confederate soldiers of the 4th, 5th, and 7th Texas Mounted Volunteers from the Battle of Glorieta Pass. Includes photocopies of newspaper clippings on the discovery and the...
Scope and Content Collection consists of materials created and collected by Smaulding. Most of the items relate to his athletic career, including a scrapbook of newspaper clippings on his achievements as a high school athlete and professional baseball player, and yearbooks of Albuquerque High School from 1917, 1918, 1920, and 1924. Collection also includes Smaulding's 1923 contract with the semi-professional baseball team the Queen City Stars of Seattle, and the constitution and by-laws of the Chicago-Piney...
Identifier: AC 038
Scope and Content The following is a list of principal categories. I. A summary of Beatrice Champion Chauvenet. II. Tsianina Evans - Jennie Avery Correspondence. III. Other biographical material. IV. Material relating to Edgar Lee Hewett, Ph.D. V. Bandelier National Monument. VI. Old Santa Fe Association. VII. Historical...
Identifier: MSS -1002-BC
Abstract The collection contains Beatrice Mandelman and Louis Ribak's personal papers, art-related documents, and the Mandelman-Ribak Foundation's Oral Archives History Project.
Identifier: AC 221
Scope and Content
- Misc. newspapers and clippings.
- Misc. correspondence, typed and handwritten.
- Annual reports, diairies, account books, scrapbooks, checkbooks, checks, manuals, notebooks, map of Europe after WW I.
- Government documents (Federal and territorial).
- Deeds, property assessments.
- Various and sundry items.
Abstract The Bennett Hammer LGBT Collection includes materials from 1970 to 2017 and consists of news clippings, organizational documents, memorabilia, and publications.
Identifier: AC 136
Scope and Content The Boaz Walton Long Collection consists of private and professional correspondence, financial records, and personal papers dating almost entirely from the 1940s.
Identifier: MSS KING
Abstract The collection contains the personal collection of former New Mexico Governor Bruce King, with significant portions of the collection representing the involvement of his wife, Alice Martin King, in state politics.
Dates: 1961-1997; Majority of material found within 1978-1994
Found in: UNM School of Law Library
Scope and Content Collection consists of materials relating to the career of Elizabeth Garrrett, a blind singer and daughter of Sheriff Pat Garrett. Elizabeth Garrett served on the faculty of the New Mexico School for the Visually Handicapped and wrote "O Fair New Mexico," which was adopted as the official state song in 1917. In addition to various typed manuscript drafts of Buckner's unpublished biography of Garrett, the collection also contains articles and newspaper clippings about Garrett; letters about...
Dates: 1893-1992 (bulk, 1965-1966)
Identifier: AC 138
Scope and Content Summary: Collection consists of Lummis's journals and correspondence, as well as articles by Lummis and clippings on Pueblo Indian topics. The journals consist of typed carbon copies of very detailed entries from 1917 to 1920. The correspondence is from 1891 to 1912 and consists primarily of carbon copies of typed letters sent by Lummis to various individuals, including his daughter Turbese and son Keith, as well as Eugene Manlove Rhodes, John Muir, Ernest T. Seton, and Frank Springer. On the...
Abstract This collection contains material produced or collected by Christine Sierra. A UNM faculty member from 1986 till 2014, Professor Christine Sierra’s expertise is in American Politics with a focus on Latino/a politics, and women in politics. Much of her scholarship analyzed community organization's work on immigration, education, and other forms of activism. The material in this collection reflects the extensive research conducted by Christine Sierra.
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 74
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 51
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 30
- New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections 2
- UNM School of Law Library 1
- Photographs 38
- Letters 34
- Scrapbooks 33
- Correspondence 24
- Reports 19
- Minutes (Records) 17
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 16
- Ephemera 14
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 13
- Diaries 12
- Administrative agencies -- New Mexico 10
- Financial records 10
- Genealogy 10
- Manuscripts 10
- Mural painting and decoration 10
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 10
- Programs 10
- Publications 10
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1951- 9
- Pamphlets 9
- Sound recordings 9
- Account books 8
- Certificates 8
- Map 8
- Newsletters 8
- Oral histories 8
- Addresses 7
- Authors, American -- New Mexico 7
- Black-and-white photographs 7
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 7
- State government records 7
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History 6
- Governors -- New Mexico 6
- LULAC papers 6
- Architecture -- New Mexico 5
- Estate records 5
- Exhibition catalogs 5
- Family papers 5
- Legal documents 5
- Maxwell Land Grant (N.M. and Colo.) 5
- Mexican Americans -- Politics and government 5
- Poems 5
- Annual reports 4
- By-laws 4
- Deeds 4
- Membership lists 4
- Mines and mineral resources -- New Mexico 4
- New Mexico -- Politics and government 4
- Wills 4
- Articles 3
- City planning -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 3
- Constitutions 3
- Family histories 3
- Indians of North America -- Education 3
- Kirtland Air Force Base (N.M.) 3
- Menus 3
- Mexican Americans -- Education -- New Mexico 3
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 3
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 3
- Newspapers 3
- Posters 3
- Record-keeping works 3
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- History 3
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 3
- Student Movements -- New Mexico -- History 3
- Territorial records 3
- Administrative reports 2
- Agriculture -- New Mexico 2
- Alabados 2
- Anton Chico Land Grant (N.M.) 2
- Architectural drawings 2
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Taos 2
- Authors, American -- New Mexico -- 20th Century 2
- Buildings -- New Mexico 2
- Business cards 2
- Church buildings -- New Mexico 2
- City planning -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 2
- Community organization -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 2
- Contracts 2
- Conveyances 2
- Directories 2
- Education -- New Mexico 2
- Elections -- New Mexico 2
- Europe--Description and travel 2
- Historians -- New Mexico 2
- Historic buildings -- New Mexico 2
- Historic preservation -- New Mexico 2
- Historic preservation – New Mexico 2
- Indian agents -- New Mexico 2
- Interviews 2
- Land grants -- New Mexico 2
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico 2
- Latin Americans -- United States 2
- Legal files 2
- Mexican American college students -- Political activity -- New Mexico 2
- Mexican Americans -- Civil rights 2
- Mexican Americans -- Civil rights -- New Mexico -- History -- 20th century 2
- Mexican Americans -- Education (Higher) -- New Mexico 2
- Mexican Americans -- Ethnic identity 2 ∧ less
- Undetermined 71
- Spanish; Castilian 7
- French 2
- German 2
- Japanese 1
- School of American Research (Santa Fe, N.M.) 5
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 4
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 3
- Fred Harvey (Firm) 3
- Hewett, Edgar L. (Edgar Lee), 1865-1946 3
- Avery, Jennie M., -1976 2
- Billy, the Kid 2
- Carrie Tingley Hospital for Crippled Children 2
- Carson, Kit, 1809-1868 2
- Democratic Party (N.M.) 2
- Fletcher, Alice C. (Alice Cunningham), 1838-1923 2
- Garrett, Pat F. (Pat Floyd), 1850-1908 2
- Hagerman, Herbert J. (Herbert James), 1871-1935 2
- Jonson Gallery 2
- La Fonda (Hotel : Santa Fe, N.M.) 2
- Laboratory of Anthropology (Museum of New Mexico) 2
- Mechem, E. L. (Edwin Leard), 1912-2002 2
- Tijerina, Reies 2
- United States. Army. Volunteer Cavalry, 1st 2
- University of New Mexico 2
- University of New Mexico. Students 2
- Walter, Paul A. F. 2
- Warner, Edith, 1893-1951 2
- Adams, Kenneth M. 1
- Albuquerque High School (Albuquerque, N.M.) 1
- Anaya, Rudolfo A., 1937-2020 1
- Antreasian, Garo Z., 1922-2018 1
- Austin, Mary, 1868-1934 1
- Bandelier, Adolph Francis Alphonse, 1840-1914 1
- Baumann, Gustave, 1881-1971 1
- Berninghaus, Oscar E. (Oscar Edmund), 1874-1952 1
- Blumenschein, E. L. (Ernest Leonard), 1874-1960 1
- Cassidy, Gerald, 1869-1934 1
- Cassidy, Ina Sizer, 1869-1965 1
- Chavez, Angelico, 1910-1996 1
- Chisum, John Simpson, 1824-1884 1
- Cutting, Bronson M., 1888-1935 1
- Davis, William E. (William Eugene), 1929- 1
- Dietrich, Margretta Stewart, 1881-1961 1
- Dillon, Richard Charles, 1877-1966 1
- Douglass, Ralph 1
- Eastern New Mexico University (Portales, N.M.) 1
- Elkins, Stephen B. (Stephen Benton), 1841-1911 1
- Fergusson, Erna, 1888-1964 1
- Garrett, Elizabeth, 1885?-1947 1
- Heady, Ferrel 1
- Historic American Buildings Survey 1
- Historical Society of New Mexico 1
- Inter-Tribal Indian Ceremonial Association 1
- Keep New Mexico Beautiful, Inc 1
- Los Alamos National Laboratory 1
- Matthews, Kay 1
- Momaday, N. Scott, 1934- 1
- New Mexico (Battleship) 1
- New Mexico. Department of Education 1
- New Mexico. Legislature 1
- Nusbaum, Jesse L. (Jesse Logan), 1887-1975 1
- Prince, L. Bradford (Le Baron Bradford), 1840-1922 1
- Pyle, Ernie, 1900-1945 1
- Red River Valley Company 1
- Renehan, Alois B., 1869-1928 1
- Santa Fe (Cruiser) 1
- School of American Archaeology (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Sierra, Christine Marie 1
- Stewart, Dorothy N. (Dorothy Newkirk), 1891-1955 1
- Taos Society of Artists 1
- Thomas, B. M. (Benjamin Morris), 1843-1892 1
- Tingley, Carrie Wooster, 1877-1961 1
- Tingley, Clyde 1
- U.S. Atomic Energy Commission 1
- United States. Work Projects Administration 1
- University of New Mexico Press 1
- University of New Mexico. Alumni Memorial Chapel 1
- University of New Mexico. Department of Music 1
- University of New Mexico. Police Department 1
- Waters, Frank, 1902-1995 1
- Watkins, Carleton E., 1829-1916 1
- Wilder, Thornton, 1897-1975 1
- Williams, Elmo, 1913-2015 1
- Wolfe, Digby 1
- Workman, E. J. (Everly John), 1899- 1 ∧ less