Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 205
Identifier: AC 282
Scope and Content Collection consists of personal, business and polititcal papers of A. A. Jones. Approximately half of the collection contains the Jones Family papers which includes personal and business records, land grant case records pertaining to the Preston Beck and Anton Chico land grants, correspondence, pamphlets and miscellaneous clippings. The second half of the collecton is related to his political involvement in the Democratic Party in New Mexico.
Dates: 1865-1942 (bulk 1885-1942)
Scope and Content Collection consists of the legal, personal, and political papers of A.A. Jones. The bulk of the collection consists of legal papers which include several land grant, business, and probate case records. Land grant case records pertain to the Maxwell, Preston Beck, Mora, Las Vegas, and Eaton land grants. Included in the land grant case records are the papers of James and Helen Beck and New Mexico Chief Justice Elisha V. Long's opinion on the Las Vegas Land Grant. Companies involved in the...
Scope and Content Collection consists of account books, three wholesale catalogues, one ranch ledger, a record book for the Acqueia de Anton Chico, a political scrapbook (ca. 1924), a survey map of the family property, and miscellaneous family papers. The three wholesale catalogues are from C.H. Hyer & Sons (Kansas), Hendrie & Bolthoff Co., and John Wyeth & Brother (Philadelphia).
Some materials are in Spanish.
Some materials are in Spanish.
Scope and Content Collection consists of a broad range of materials concerning the personal and professional activities of Frederick Muller and his family, including his in-laws, the Edward Miller family of Tesuque, New Mexico. Materials include correspondence; land conveyances; abstracts of title; by-laws of civic and veteran organizations; a sketch map of the Independent Order of Odd Fellows Aztlan Lodge cemetary plots; trial proceedings involving Edward Miller; and naturalization, birth, marriage and death...
Dates: 1836-1974 (bulk 1836-1930)
Abstract The collection contains papers covering Fall's career as U.S. Senator and Secretary of the Interior. It includes correspondence, newspaper clippings, congressional records dealing with oil scandals and Mexican affairs, and federal court transcripts and briefs relating to his legal troubles.
Dates: 1851-1927; Majority of material found in 1922-1927
Abstract Alfonso Sanchez was the District Attorney for Rio Arriba County during the land struggle of Reies Lopez Tijerina and the Alianza Federal de las Mercedes. The collection consists of biographical materials pertaining to Alfonso Sanchez, as well as materials pertaining to the Tierra Amarillo land grant and Reies Lopez Tijerina.
Dates: 1856-2004; Majority of material found within 1955-1970
Identifier: MSS -628 -BC
Scope and Content This collection contains newspaper clippings, magazine articles, pamphlets, flyers, press releases, and broadsides relating to Alianza Federal de las Mercedes, Alianza Federal de Pueblos Libres, Reies Lopez Tijerina, the Treaty of Guadalupe-Hidalgo, land grants, education, employment, and discrimination. The Alianza constitution is also included in the collection. An oversized folder contains broadsides, reprints and a map. This collection is composed of materials that were formerly housed in...
Dates: 1963-1997 (bulk 1967-1979)
Identifier: MSS King Alice
Abstract The collection consists of the personal materials of Alice Martin King wife of three-time New Mexico Governor Bruce King (1971-1974; 1979-1982; 1991-1994). This collection is devoted almost exclusively to her official capacity as the First Lady of New Mexico. While there is a small amount of material from the first term, the majority of documents are concentrated on the second term and to a much greater degree on the third term when she played a much more significant role.
Dates: 1971-1994; Majority of material found within 1980-1994
Found in: UNM School of Law Library
Scope and Content This collection contains eight letters written to Hudspeth between 1902 and 1913. The letters are generally political in nature, mainly centered on the Democratic Central Committee and the presidential campaign of Woodrow Wilson. Letters are from George A. Chamberlain, Arthur Seligman, J.S. Lea and others.
Abstract This collection contains one scrapbook and three folders consisting mainly of newspaper clippings pertaining to the formation of the Progressive Party in New Mexico and the controversy created by a purposed survey to determine the level of racism among high school students, both events occurring in the early 1930s. Also included are some speeches and correspondence of attorney Antonio A. Sedillo who was a member of the Progressive Party.
Scope and Content Collection consists of professional and personal papers of Armstrong and his wife, Alta Morton Armstrong. Includes scrapbooks, newspaper clippings, and family memorabilia.
Identifier: AC 166
Scope and Content Collection consists of the scrapbooks of New Mexico Governor Arthur Seligman, 1930-1933. Clippings represent newspapers throughout New Mexico and reflect the activities of Seligman as governor. Subjects include; politics, pardons, education, official appointments, veterans, the economy, the National Recovery Administration, and other related topics. The collection is rich in clippings pertaining to the National Miners' Union Strike of 1933 in Gallup, New Mexico.
Identifier: AC 221
Scope and Content
- Misc. newspapers and clippings.
- Misc. correspondence, typed and handwritten.
- Annual reports, diairies, account books, scrapbooks, checkbooks, checks, manuals, notebooks, map of Europe after WW I.
- Government documents (Federal and territorial).
- Deeds, property assessments.
- Various and sundry items.
Scope and Content Collection consists of land records (1829-1929) and personal, financial, and professional papers of the A.M. Bergere family and its extended families, the Oteros and the Lunas of Los Lunas, New Mexico (1855-1967). Land records include conveyances and information regarding the Bartolome Baca Land Grant, the Antonio Sandoval Land Grant, the Perea Land Grant, the Tome Land Grant, and the Chilili Land Grant. Financial records contain deeds, correspondence regarding the estate of Eloisa Luna de...
Abstract The collection consists of documents and a scrapbook containing newspaper articles related to Bernard Rodey's two terms in the U.S. House of Representatives.
Identifier: AC 553-p
Scope and Content Included are invitations, programs, and menus for New Mexico inaugural and White House functions involving Bill Richardson during his years as Governor of New Mexico from 2003 to 2010: New Mexico Inaugural Program, 2003; Transfer of Power at Palace of the Governors, 2003; Invitations to the Inauguration and Ecumenical Service, 2003; Ticket to the Inaugural Ball, 2003; Certified Oath of Office, 2003; White House Dinner Menus, 2009 and 2010; White House Dinner Invitation, 2009; Iowa Presidential...
Identifier: AC 024-P
Scope and Content Collection consists of broadsides, handbills, programs, and other ephemera, most of which involve New Mexican politics.
Identifier: MSS KING
Abstract The collection contains the personal collection of former New Mexico Governor Bruce King, with significant portions of the collection representing the involvement of his wife, Alice Martin King, in state politics.
Dates: 1961-1997; Majority of material found within 1978-1994
Found in: UNM School of Law Library
Abstract This collection is made up of various written materials collected by Dr. Bruce Trigg, M.D., while a resident of Albuquerque, New Mexico. The subject areas include, but are not limited to: WIPP, environmental issues, local and national Green Party political activities and candidates, and Central America.
Scope and Content The Carl C. Magee Papers contain newspaper clippings, legal documents, correspondence, published materials and photographs of Carl Magee. The collection includes materials relating to the shooting death of Gerald C. Lassetter; contempt charges against Magee by Judge David J. Leahy; materials pertaining to Magee's Albuquerque newspaper business; and his invention of the parking meter.
Dates: 1923-1946; June 22, 1922,
Abstract This collection contains writings from and materials relating to the Chicano activist, Carlos Cansino. Cansino was active with the Los Duranes Community Improvement Association in Albuquerque and La Alianza Federal de Pueblos Libres, as well as Chicano organizing in Wisconsin, Minnesota and Texas.
Dates: 1966-2011 (bulk 1966-1970)
Identifier: MSS -641-BC
Abstract This collection contains papers of Caroline Schmidt and her sister Margaret, covering their teaching careers and education in New Mexico. It also includes political campaign material from New Mexico elections in the 1940's.
Identifier: AC 033-P
Scope and Content One 1890 catalog for blank record-keeping books from J.A. Carruth, a printer in Las Vegas, New Mexico. In addition to describing Carruth's goods, the catalog also contains the results of various elections in New Mexico. Includes results from the 1884, 1886, and 1888 elections for congressional delegate by county; and the 1888 election of county officials. A listing of New Mexico's territorial and county officials for 1889 is also in the catalog.
Abstract The Charles and Jacqueline Meketa papers primarily contain working papers and research files collected and produced during the research for their books and articles related to the Civil War and 20th century New Mexico and Arizona history.
Dates: 1792-1994; Majority of material found within 1860-1990
Scope and Content Collection consists of Olsen's personal and business papers, and a variety of publications about New Mexico. Includes personal correspondence (1889-1947), newspaper clippings about Olsen (1920-1935), obituaries of prominent New Mexicans, certificates from several New Mexican Governors (1901-1933), the settlement of Olsen's estate (1953), papers of Olsen's brother-in-law E.V. Chavez (1879-1896), and catalogs of the New Mexico Spanish American Normal School at El Rito (1939-1941). Correspondence...
- Subject: New Mexico -- Politics and government X
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 84
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 73
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 39
- New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections 4
- UNM School of Law Library 2
- New Mexico Highlands University 1
- New Mexico Tech Joseph R. Skeen Library 1
- NMHM Palace of the Governors Photo Archives 1 ∧ less
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 120
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 71
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1951- 51
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 50
- Administrative agencies -- New Mexico 49
- Annual reports 44
- State government records 42
- Territorial records 36
- Proclamations 35
- Reports 30
- Extradition -- New Mexico 27
- New Mexico -- Politics and government 27
- Clippings 26
- Addresses 25
- Governors --New Mexico 24
- Photographs 23
- Governors -- New Mexico 22
- Minutes (Records) 21
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 16
- Publications 15
- Letters 14
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 20th century 14
- Scrapbooks 14
- Financial records 13
- Pardon --New Mexico 12
- Account books 11
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- To 1848 11
- Elections -- New Mexico 10
- Mural painting and decoration 9
- Pardon -- New Mexico 9
- Water resources development -- New Mexico 9
- Legal documents 8
- Water rights -- New Mexico 8
- Wills 8
- Diaries 7
- Governors--New Mexico 7
- Maxwell Land Grant (N.M. and Colo.) 7
- Certificates 6
- Correspondence 6
- Family papers 6
- Land grants -- New Mexico 6
- Lawyers -- New Mexico 6
- Map 6
- Mines and mineral resources -- New Mexico 6
- Political campaigns -- New Mexico 6
- Sound recordings 6
- Conservation of natural resources -- New Mexico 5
- Education -- New Mexico 5
- Letterpress copybooks 5
- Navajo Indian Reservation 5
- New Mexico -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 5
- New Mexico -- Militia 5
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 5
- Pardon--New Mexico 5
- Politicians -- New Mexico 5
- Press releases 5
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- History 5
- Broadsides 4
- Conveyances 4
- Courts -- New Mexico 4
- Deeds 4
- Ephemera 4
- Executive departments -- New Mexico 4
- Frontier and pioneer life -- New Mexico 4
- Land titles -- New Mexico 4
- Las Vegas (N.M.) -- History 4
- Legal files 4
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 4
- New Mexico -- History 4
- New Mexico -- History, Military 4
- New Mexico's Digital Collections 4
- Orders (military records) 4
- Public lands --New Mexico 4
- Ranch life -- New Mexico 4
- Statehood (American politics) 4
- Tierra Amarilla (N.M.) 4
- Women in politics -- New Mexico 4
- World War, 1914-1918 4
- Anapra (N.M.) 3
- Bounties --New Mexico 3
- Civil procedure -- New Mexico 3
- Columbus (N.M.) -- History 3
- Conservation of natural resources--New Mexico 3
- Constitutional history -- New Mexico 3
- Education --New Mexico 3
- Electioneering -- New Mexico 3
- Eulogies 3
- Inventories 3
- Land Grants -- New Mexico 3
- Legislators -- United States 3
- Microfilms 3
- Mines and mineral resources --New Mexico 3
- Natural resources--New Mexico 3
- New Deal, 1933-1939 3
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848-1950 3
- Newsletters 3
- Newspapers 3
- Pamphlets 3
- Politicians--New Mexico 3
- Posters 3 ∧ less
- English 192
- Undetermined 128
- Spanish; Castilian 18
- Chinese 1
- Japanese 1
- North American Indian languages 1 ∧ less
- Cutting, Bronson M., 1888-1935 13
- Anderson, Clinton Presba, 1895-1975 7
- Fall, Albert B. (Albert Bacon), 1861-1944 7
- Chavez, Dennis, 1888-1962 6
- Prince, L. Bradford (Le Baron Bradford), 1840-1922 6
- Tijerina, Reies 6
- Democratic Party (N.M.) 5
- Jones, Andrieus Aristieus, 1862-1927 5
- Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.) 4
- Dillon, Richard Charles, 1877-1966 4
- Tingley, Clyde 4
- Democratic Party (N.M.). State Central Committee 3
- Mechem, E. L. (Edwin Leard), 1912-2002 3
- United States. Army. Volunteer Cavalry, 1st 3
- Anaya, Toney, 1941- 2
- Apodaca, Jerry, 1934- 2
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 2
- Billy, the Kid 2
- Carrie Tingley Hospital for Crippled Children 2
- Davis, W. W. H. (William Watts Hart), 1820-1910 2
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 2
- Hagerman, Herbert J. (Herbert James), 1871-1935 2
- Historical Society of New Mexico 2
- Los Alamos National Laboratory 2
- Maxwell Land Grant Company 2
- New Mexico. Governor (1975-1978 : Apodaca) 2
- New Mexico. Legislature 2
- Ortiz, Frank V., 1926-2005 2
- Tingley, Carrie Wooster, 1877-1961 2
- United States. Pueblo Lands Board 2
- Alfonsín, Raúl, 1927-2009 1
- American Red Cross 1
- Andrews, William H. (William Henry), 1842-1919 1
- Arny, W. F. M. (William Frederick Milton), 1813-1881 1
- Austin, Mary, 1868-1934 1
- Axtell, Samuel B. (Samuel Beach), 1819-1891 1
- Bent, Charles, 1799-1847 1
- Calhoun, James S., 1803?-1852 1
- Carson, Kit, 1809-1868 1
- Catron, Thomas Benton, 1840-1921 1
- Clancy, Frank W. (Frank Willey), 1852-1928 1
- Clever, Charles P., 1830-1874 1
- Collier, John, 1884-1968 1
- Eastern New Mexico University (Portales, N.M.) 1
- Ellis, George F. 1
- Gross, Kelly & Company, Inc 1
- Hewett, Edgar L. (Edgar Lee), 1865-1946 1
- Jackson, William Henry, 1843-1942 1
- Ketchum, Black Jack, 1863-1901 1
- Lane, Rose Wilder, 1886-1968 1
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 1
- New Mexico Cattle Growers Association 1
- New Mexico Magazine 1
- New Mexico. Coronado Cuarto Centennial Commission 1
- New Mexico. Department of Education 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1846-1847 : Bent) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1851-1852 : Calhoun) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1861-1866 : Connelly) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1866-1869 : Mitchell) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1869-1871 : Pile) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1875-1878 : Axtell) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1881-1885 : Sheldon) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1889-1893 : Prince) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1907-1911 : Curry) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1927-1930 : Dillon) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1939-1942 : Miles) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1971-1974 : King) 1
- Nusbaum, Jesse L. (Jesse Logan), 1887-1975 1
- Phelps Dodge Corporation 1
- Pyle, Ernie, 1900-1945 1
- Stinson, Katherine, 1891-1977 1
- Thomas, B. M. (Benjamin Morris), 1843-1892 1
- United States. Work Projects Administration 1
- Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education 1 ∧ less