Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 41
Adolph Bandelier Collection
Identifier: AC 012
Scope and Content The Bandelier collection consists of artifacts, documents, illustrations, maps, and photographs. For the most part all are in stable condition. The bulk of the collection came to the library upon the death of Mrs. Fanny Ritter Bandelier in accordance with the terms of her will. Other Bandelier memorabilia and artifacts were donated by various persons who were friends of the Bandeliers. Journals Of the document portion of the collection,...
Dates: August 28-December 15 -
Agnes Morley Cleaveland papers
Abstract New Mexico author and rancher. The collection includes family correspondence, general correspondence, personal files, literary files, political files, publications, and photographs. Also included are a partial manuscript of No Life for a Lady and a complete manuscript of Satan's Paradise.
Dates: 1865 - 1954
Catholic Devotional Publications Collection,
Identifier: AC 251
Scope and Content Collection consists of various Catholic devotional books and pamphlets (1755-1901). Included are small prayer pamphlets, brevaries, explanations of the Holy Word, and stories of La Virgen de la Merced, La Senora de La Salud, and Our Lady of Guadalupe. Also included is an incomplete undated Tagalog grammar book.
Charles H. Lange Collection
Identifier: AC 394
Scope and Content Collection contains drafts/transcriptions for the Adolph Bandelier diaries covering 1885 - 1892 (published in four volumes by the University of New Mexico Press). Included are transcripts of Bandelier material from 1880 - 1891 prepared by A. J. O. Anderson and Fanny Bandelier. A file of approximately 820 index cards with names is also included.
Clara H. Olsen Papers,
Scope and Content Collection consists of Olsen's personal and business papers, and a variety of publications about New Mexico. Includes personal correspondence (1889-1947), newspaper clippings about Olsen (1920-1935), obituaries of prominent New Mexicans, certificates from several New Mexican Governors (1901-1933), the settlement of Olsen's estate (1953), papers of Olsen's brother-in-law E.V. Chavez (1879-1896), and catalogs of the New Mexico Spanish American Normal School at El Rito (1939-1941). Correspondence...
Dorothy Woodward Memorial Penitente Collection,
Scope and Content Collection consists of Woodward's personal papers and research materials collected and created in the process of the publication of her doctoral thesis and of various articles on the Penitentes (a grassroots Catholic group) of Northern New Mexico. Includes correspondence with various persons and institutions (1933-1949), two notebooks and a diary (1925-1928), and a scrapbook (1938). Notebooks and diary pertain to Woodward's travels to Europe and Hobbs, New Mexico. Research materials consist of...
Dates: 1542-1957 (bulk 1852-1957)
Edgar L. Hewett Collection
Identifier: AC 105
Scope and Content Collection contains Edgar L. Hewett's personal and business papers and covers the years 1905 to 1947. The folders are mostly in chronological order until Hewett's death in 1946, although the letters are not strictly in order by date. Folders in the later boxes are in alphabetical order by subject matter, and sometimes these are in reverse chronological order. Undated and incomplete letters for any particular period are normally at the end of a folder. Correspondence is arranged...
Edwin L. Mechem Correspondence,
Identifier: AC 167
Scope and Content Correspondence and letters to and from the governor's office during the year 1952. He served as governor during the years 1951-1954.
The collection is inventoried largely in alphabetical order by sender. The Governor is identified as "ELM."
The collection is inventoried largely in alphabetical order by sender. The Governor is identified as "ELM."
Epifanio Vigil Papers,
Scope and Content Collection consists of the personal and political papers of Epifanio Vigil. Political papers contain several broadsides and clippings from various New Mexico periodicals. Broadsides include Donaciano Madrid's opposition to the election of Francisco Chavez as Sheriff of Santa Fe County, New Mexico (1891) and opposition to Oterista and Catronista republicans (1900). A translation of an article implicating Thomas B. Catron in the American Valley murder is also included along with Francisco A....
Faithist and Oahspe collection, 1882-1998
Abstract Collection of various Faithist religious publications, largely focused on the Oashpe bible and the Faithist religion.
Dates: 1882 - 1998
Francis C. Wilson Papers,
Scope and Content Collection consists of a broad range of materials from the legal and business practices of Francis C. Wilson. Most of the collection is made up of case files, but also includes correspondence, ledgers, contracts, newspaper clippings, publications, land conveyances, and speeches. Case files are from both civil and criminal proceedings and involve issues such as insurance, bonding, taxes, divorces, bankruptcy, mortgages, debts, estates, and suits. Most of the cases concern business in the areas...
Guide to the Bruce T. Ellis Collection,
Identifier: AC 075
Scope and Content The Bruce T. Ellis Collection consists of various original and photostatic copies of the Spanish, Mexican and American period of New Mexico's history. Ellis, a former employee of the Museum of New Mexico's History Bureau, collected and saved many of these diverse documents from destruction. The collection is arranged topically and then chronologically.
Haniel Long Collection,
Identifier: AC 137
Scope and Content The Haniel Long Collection was originally acquired by the late John Bennett Shaw from Haniel Long, a personal friend of many years. John Bennett Shaw was a collector of books and memorabilia on Sherlock Holmes.
Laguna Mission Press Collection
Identifier: AC 448-p
Scope and Content The collection consists of five items: Psalm I, Psalm XXIII (one in English and Laguna, and one in Laguna only), The Seven sacraments (published by St. Michaels Press in English and Navajo), and a pamphlet prepared by Louis A. Hieb on bilingual publications of the Southwest. Of the pieces in this collection only one, Psalm XXIII, can be specifically indentified with the W. Semple press.
Louis Kraft Collection
Identifier: AC 402
Scope and Content The collection contains manuscripts for Louis Kraft's books (originals, edits, drafts); correspondence with friends, critics, writers, as it relates to Kraft's publications; magazine articles and lectures written by Kraft; his books; and photos of Kraft. Includes materials and script for the two-act play by Louis Kraft "An Evening with Ned Wynkoop."
Dates: 1982 - (open end)
Marie M. Hughes Papers
Abstract The collection consists of writings (mostly by Hughes); course, curriculum, and program materials; notes; and resources related to Marie Hughes’ career as an educator in Arizona, Utah, and New Mexico.
Dates: 1932-1980; Majority of material found within 1952-1975
Miguel Caro and the Mexican Fiesta Dance Company Papers
Abstract Collection comprises materials relating to Miguel Caro and the Mexican Fiesta Dance Company of Albuquerque, New Mexico.
New Mexico American Revolution Bicentennial Commission Records,
Scope and Content Collection consists of records of the New Mexico American Revolution Bicentennial Commission (1969-1977). Includes annual and other reports, administrative correspondence, promotional documents, clippings, audio tapes, and video tapes. Much of the material concerns local projects and events throughout New Mexico, including documents on federal and state funding for these activities.
New Mexico Capitol Buildings Improvement Commission Records,
Scope and Content Collection consists of records of the New Mexico Capitol Buildings Improvement Commission and other territorial and state agencies charged with the duties of construction, maintenance, improvement, and supervision of territorial and state government buildings and lands, particularly those located in the state capital of Santa Fe (1853-1968). Includes records of the New Mexico Public Buildings Commission (1853-1873); Capitol Rebuilding Commission (1892-1901); Capitol Custodian Committee...
New Mexico Department of Corrections Records,
Scope and Content As of 1997 collection consists of the records of the New Mexico Penitentiary, the Corrections Department, and its predecessors (1884-1990). Some penitentiary records pertain to county and federal inmates. Include are registers of prisoners, visitors, and parolees; annual reports; correspondence; case files; conduct records; medical records; account books; and intake records that usually include an image of the inmate. Intake records are files by inmate number. Includes annual and other reports,...
New Mexico Department of Education Records,
Scope and Content As of 1997 collection consists of records of the New Mexico Department of Education, State Board of Education, State Superintendent of Public Instruction, and their predecessors the Territorial Board of Education, Territorial Superintendent of Schools,and Superintendent of Public Instruction (1847-1988).Includes annual and other reports, minutes, administrative correspondence, directories, certificates, legal documents, laws, rules, one scrapbook of clippings (1905-1908), and one letterpress...
New Mexico District Attorneys Coordinator Records,
Scope and Content Collection consists of the records of the New Mexico District Attorneys Coordinator (1973-1975) including records of the New Mexico District Attorneys Association pertaining to the original (1971-1972) and continued (1976-1977) funding of the Coordinator. Included are correspondence, L.E.A.A. grant files, financial records including budgets for the Coordinator and district attorneys, district attorney salary schedules, crime statistics and felony reports for various judicial districts,...
Dates: 1971-1977 (bulk, 1973-1975)
New Mexico Indian Education Association Records
Abstract MS013 consists of materials originating from the New Mexico Indian Education Association's administrative and publication activities.
Dates: 1981-2009; Majority of material found in 1990-1995
Found in: Institute of American Indian Arts
New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology Records,
Scope and Content As of 1999 collection consists of records of the New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology, its predecessor the New Mexico School of Mines, and the New Mexico Bureau of Mines and Mineral Resources (1895-1984). New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology records include catalogs (1951-1981), student handbooks (1959-1968), pamphlets, and student-faculty directories. New Mexico School of Mines records include catalogs (1930-1951), and a biennial report (1947-1949). New Mexico Bureau of Mines...
New Mexico Office of Indian Affairs Records and Research Materials,
Scope and Content As of 2000 collection consists of the records and research materials of the New Mexico Office of Indian Affairs (1936-1995). Records include correspondence, reports, audits, personnel records, publications and other administrative records. Research materials include clippings and documents pertaining to Indians of New Mexico and various state, regional, and national Indian organizations including the All Indian Pueblo Council. Also included are materials pertaining to federal legislation...
- Subject: Publications X
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 17
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 13
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 6
- New Mexico Highlands University 2
- New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections 2
- Institute of American Indian Arts 1 ∧ less
- Publications 33
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 16
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 13
- Reports 13
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 12
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1951- 12
- State government records 12
- Administrative agencies -- New Mexico 11
- Annual reports 11
- Clippings 11
- Minutes (Records) 8
- Territorial records 8
- Photographs 6
- Scrapbooks 6
- Manuscripts 5
- Account books 4
- Financial records 4
- Legal documents 4
- Translations 4
- Diaries 3
- Estate records 3
- Letters 3
- Map 3
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 3
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 3
- Archaeology -- Southwest, New 2
- Certificates 2
- Contracts 2
- Directories 2
- Excavations (Archaeology) -- New Mexico 2
- Geology -- New Mexico 2
- Interviews 2
- Inventories 2
- Lectures 2
- Mines and mineral resources --New Mexico 2
- New Mexico -- History 2
- Newsletters 2
- Pamphlets 2
- Posters 2
- Pueblo Indians 2
- A College Library 1
- Abstracts 1
- Academic dissertations 1
- Acquisitions (Libraries) 1
- Addresses 1
- Administrative agencies -- United States 1
- Agriculture -- New Mexico 1
- Airports -- Finance -- United States 1
- Alabados 1
- Alvarez, Manuel 1794-1856 1
- America -- Early accounts to 1600 1
- America -- Exploration and discovery -- Spanish 1
- American Revolution Bicentennial, 1776-1976 -- New Mexico 1
- Apache Indians - Wars, 1879-1886 1
- Apache Indians -- New Mexico 1
- Archaeology -- Mexico 1
- Archaeology -- New Mexico 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Art--Indian--Southwest--New 1
- Articles 1
- Arts in prisons--Southwest, New 1
- Associations, institutions, etc.--New Mexico 1
- Astral projection 1
- Audiocassettes 1
- Banks and banking--New Mexico 1
- Bilingual publications 1
- Bills, Legislative 1
- Black-and-white photographs 1
- Breviaries -- Mexico 1
- Broadsides 1
- Brown, Edmund Gerald 1905-1996 1
- Budgets 1
- California -- Municipal Court (Los Angeles Judicial District) 1
- Case files 1
- Catalogs 1
- Cathedral Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Cathedrals--New Mexico--Santa Fe 1
- Catholic Church -- Customs and practices 1
- Catholic Church -- Prayer books and devotions 1
- Certification 1
- Cheyenne Indians-Wars, 1868-1869 1
- Christian Science--Publications. 1
- Cities and towns --New Mexico 1
- Cleaveland, Agnes Morley, 1874- . 1
- Cleaveland, Norman. 1
- College student newspapers and periodicals -- New Mexico 1
- College students' writing, American -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Community involvement 1
- Confraternities -- New Mexico 1
- Congresses and conventions 1
- Conservation of natural resources --New Mexico 1
- Conveyances 1
- Correctional institutions -- New Mexico 1
- Correspondence 1
- Crime -- New Mexico 1
- Crimes against peace 1
- Criminal justice, Administration of -- New Mexico 1
- Criminal justice, Administration of --New Mexico 1
- Curriculum Development 1 ∧ less
- English 38
- Undetermined 27
- Spanish; Castilian 3
- Bandelier, Adolph Francis Alphonse, 1840-1914 2
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 2
- New Mexico. Department of Education 2
- School of American Research (Santa Fe, N.M.) 2
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education 1
- Anderson, Arthur J. O., 1907-1996 1
- Chavez, Angelico, 1910-1996 1
- Cleaveland, Agnes Morley, 1874-1958 1
- Coronado, Francisco Vásquez de, 1510-1554 1
- Democratic Party (N.M.). State Central Committee 1
- Hewett, Edgar L. (Edgar Lee), 1865-1946 1
- Historical Society of New Mexico 1
- Institute of American Indian Arts 1
- Kraft, Louis, 1947- 1
- Long, Haniel, 1888-1956 1
- Mechem, E. L. (Edwin Leard), 1912-2002 1
- Prince, L. Bradford (Le Baron Bradford), 1840-1922 1
- Renehan, Alois B., 1869-1928 1
- School of American Archaeology (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- United States. Bureau of Indian Affairs 1
- University of New Mexico 1
- Wittick, Ben, 1845-1903 1 ∧ less