Showing Collections: 1 - 16 of 16
Abstract This collection is comprised of business and private papers pertaining to Abram Contreras, Felipe Peralta, Emiliano Contreras and their relatives who resided in Socorro County, central New Mexico, in the late 1800s and early 1900s.
Scope and Content This is a collection of nine Spanish language documents from the Spanish, Mexican, and Territorial periods of New Mexico, dating from 1792-1871. Five of the documents provide an insightful view of New Mexico society, government, defense, and economy during the late Spanish colonial period. Two each are from the Mexican and Territorial periods. The censuses for 1792 and 1796 have demographic breakdowns giving married persons, widowers, bachelors, and children, servants, Indians, and mestizos,...
Abstract Partial hand written contemporaneous copy originals (10 leaves) of communications by Francisco Cuerbo y Valdes, Governor of New Mexico to Viceroy of New Spain in Mexico City related to affairs in New Mexico and particularly in Albuquerque.
Abstract This collection contains documents pertaining to San Rafael (New Mexico) resident and author Josephine Barela and her publication, Ojo del Gallo.
Dates: 1875-1976; Majority of material found in 1971-1975
Identifier: AC 143
Scope and Content A bound collection of sixty-one pages of letters and testimony concerning New Mexico and dating from circa 1785 until 1835. The documents were gathered in Spain as the result of two petitions (one in 1785, one in 1835) by Martinez de Montoya's descendants to inherit the noble rights received by him in 1606. This collection's transcripts of documents are especially important because they are notarized by Spanish officials as accurate and suggest an earlier date for the founding of Santa Fe than...
Found in: Fray Angélico Chávez History Library
Scope and Content This collection consists of Spanish language documents from 18th and 19th century New Mexico, 1800s circulars from New Mexico printing presses and the personal papers of Le Baron Bradford Prince. Personal papers include family, business, and political correspondence, invitations to the Trans-Mississippi and International Exposition and to a dinner/dance given by the Society of Mayflower Descendants, as well as a circular for the lecture series, "Romance of the South West" given by...
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of documents concerning the area of Abiquiu, New Mexico. Among the documents are wills, hijuelas (estate records) and conveyances involving estates and property; and government circulars regarding trade with the Indians, raising militias, and war with the United States. Specific items include several 1846 documents pertaining to the Mexican War such as Governor Manuel Armijo's warning of impending war, and printed orders of U.S. General Stephen Watts Kearny...
Dates: 1785-1846 (bulk 1843-1846)
Scope and Content Collection consists of original documents, translations, and photostats primarily concerning people and events in New Mexico and Mexico. Documents on New Mexico include a 1681 journal of Antonio de Otermin relating to the Pueblo Revolt of 1680; a photostat of a 1710 royal decree by the Duke of Albuquerque suppressing a bible printed in London; and the report of a 1749 investigation by Governor Tomas Velez de Cachupin regarding French incursions into Taos, New Mexico. English translations...
Identifier: AC 152
Scope and Content Mauro Montoya Collection documents significant episodes of New Mexico history during the eighteenth, nineteenth and twentieth centuries. The documents are divided into the four main periods: Spanish period, The Mexican period, U.S. Territorial period (incl. U.S. military occupation), New Mexico Statehood period.
Found in: Fray Angélico Chávez History Library
Abstract This collection contains seven Spanish documents, written by or related to Miguel Antonio Lovato, resident of Galisteo and Santa Fe, New Mexico in the late eighteenth century to the mid-nineteenth century.
Abstract This collection is comprised of documentation of land sales or transfers from 1811-1887 and one letter from a Bishop authorizing a particular marriage. All documents pertain to the Mexican and Territorial periods in New Mexico.
Dates: 1791-1887 (bulk 1826-1887)
Abstract This collection contains photoprints (and their transcriptions) of passport records from the years 1825-1836. These records document immigration into New Mexico as well as passports given to individuals to go to Mexico for business purposes.
Abstract This collection contains papers and memorabilia from various members of the Ortiz y Pino family, including Pedro Bautista Pino, and Concha Ortiz y Pino de Kleven.
Dates: 1696-1984; Majority of material found in 1975-1984
Abstract This collection contains the land deed for Sandia Pueblo reflecting its sale to that Pueblo from Pablo Salasar, a typed translation of this deed, and a document from 1830 detailing the assets and debts of Lorenzo Gonzales.
Abstract This collection, compiled by Julius Seligman, contains documents regarding the sale and purchase of land in Sandoval County, New Mexico, in and around Bernalillo, Algodones, Placitas, Santa Ana Pueblo, San Felipe Pueblo, and Jemez Pueblo.
Scope and Content Collection consists of New Mexico historical documents from the 19th century and the first decade of the twentieth century (1803-1910). Included in the collection are some of Governor Manuel Armjio's papers pertaining to the Texas invasion and political matters (1843-1848); a report by James Maloy concerning the theft of animals by the Mimbres Apaches (1870); an apologia from Culiacan, Sonora (1826); an official Mexican circular concerning education; several receipts and invoices from various...
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 11
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 3
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 2
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 6
- Land tenure -- New Mexico 3
- New Mexico -- Politics and government 3
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 3
- Wills 3
- Conveyances 2
- Mexico -- History -- Spanish colony, 1540-1810 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 2
- Newspapers 2
- Orders (military records) 2
- Taos (N.M.) -- History 2
- Abiquiu (N.M.) -- History 1
- Account books 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History 1
- Apache Indians -- New Mexico 1
- Broadsides 1
- Chimayo (N.M.) -- History 1
- Church and state -- Mexico -- History 1
- Comanche Indians--History--Sources 1
- Decrees 1
- Deeds 1
- Deeds -- New Mexico -- Sandia Pueblo 1
- Devotional literature 1
- Diaries 1
- Education -- New Mexico -- History 1
- Ephemera 1
- Estate inventories 1
- Eulogies 1
- Fort Defiance (Ariz.) 1
- Governors -- New Mexico 1
- Governors New Mexico 1
- Guadalupe, Our Lady of -- Pictorial works 1
- Guanajuato (Mexico) -- History 1
- Hispanic Americans -- Southwest, New -- Social life and customs 1
- Indians of North America 1
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico -- Commerce 1
- Indians of North America--Land tenure 1
- Irrigation canals and flumes -- Southwest, New 1
- Kearny expedition, 1845 1
- Land Grants--New Mexico 1
- Land grants -- New Mexico 1
- Land tenure -- Jemez Pueblo (N.M.) 1
- Land tenure -- New Mexico -- Bernalillo 1
- Land tenure -- New Mexico -- Placitas 1
- Land tenure -- New Mexico -- Sandoval County 1
- Land tenure -- San Felipe (N.M.) 1
- Land tenure -- Santa Ana Pueblo (N.M.) 1
- Land tenure--New Mexico 1
- Land titles -- New Mexico -- Sandia Pueblo 1
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico 1
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico -- Abiquiu 1
- Legal documents 1
- Marriage -- Dispensations 1
- Marriage customs and rites--New Mexico--San Rafael 1
- Merchants -- New Mexico 1
- Merchants--New Mexico--History 1
- Mexican War, 1846-1848 -- New Mexico 1
- Mexican War, 1846-1848--New Mexico 1
- Mexico -- Foreign relations -- Texas 1
- Mexico -- History 1
- Mexico -- Officials and employees 1
- Mexico -- Politics and government 1
- Mexico--Treaties 1
- New Mexico -- Census 1
- New Mexico -- Commerce 1
- New Mexico -- Economic conditions -- 18th century 1
- New Mexico -- Economic conditions -- 19th century 1
- New Mexico -- Emigration and immigration 1
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848-1950 1
- New Mexico -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- New Mexico -- Militia 1
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 1
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- To 1848 1
- New Mexico -- Religious life and customs 1
- New Mexico -- Social conditions 1
- New Mexico -- Social conditions -- 18th century 1
- New Mexico -- Social conditions -- 19th century 1
- New Mexico --Discovery and exploration--Spanish 1
- New Mexico--Ethnic relations 1
- New Mexico--Social condition--18th century 1
- New Mexico--Social conditions--19th century 1
- New Spain Religion 1
- Passports -- New Mexico 1
- Payo de Nuevo Mexico 1
- Photographs 1
- Photostats (TM) (copies) 1
- Prayer books 1
- Pueblo Indians -- Land tenure 1
- Pueblo Revolt, 1680 1
- Queretaro (Mexico) -- History 1
- San Rafael (N.M.)--Business 1
- San Rafael (N.M.)--History 1
- San Rafael (N.M.)--Politics and government 1
- San Rafael (N.M.)--Religion 1
- San Rafael (N.M.)--Social life and customs 1
- Sandia Pueblo (N.M.) -- History 1
- Santa Fe (N.M.) --History 1
- Socorro County (N.M.)--History 1
- Socorro County (N.M.)--Politics and government 1 ∧ less
- English 7
- Undetermined 5
- Prince, L. Bradford (Le Baron Bradford), 1840-1922 2
- Bent, Charles, 1799-1847 1
- Charles Ilfeld Company 1