Showing Collections: 1 - 18 of 18
Identifier: AC 175
Scope and Content Collection consists of photocopies of historical documents and three original bound volumes pertaining to New Mexico businesses, 1850-1934. Historical documents (1850-1894) include military orders and forms of the occupying United States Army (1850-1883) and Henry Jenkins' handwritten and typescript account of his capture by Confederate forces in Mesilla on the Rio Grande (1863). Bound volumes (1911-1934) include: a ledger from the Las Vegas Coal Company (New Mexico), 1922; a daybook from the...
Identifier: AC 455
Scope and Content Collection pertains largely to the excavation of Confederate soldiers in 1987. Collection also pertains exhibition material, as well as genealogical information for those who served in the New Mexico campaign.
Dates: 1862-1995; Majority of material found in 1987-1991
Identifier: AC 015
Scope and Content Collection consists of materials concerning the Battle of Glorieta Pass, fought between Union and Confederate troops in northern New Mexico on March 28, 1862. This battle was the deciding Civil War conflict in New Mexico. Most of the collection relates to the 1987 discovery of a mass grave containing the remains of 31 Confederate soldiers of the 4th, 5th, and 7th Texas Mounted Volunteers from the Battle of Glorieta Pass. Includes photocopies of newspaper clippings on the discovery and the...
Identifier: AC 347-p
Scope and Content The collection consists of a newspaper article describing the battle at Mesilla, AZ. On the back of the article is a hand written note from a person who was in Mesilla at the time. He writes to his sister, Mrs. J. A. Roundy, in Shelby, Colorado. Included is another handwritten note to his sister.
Abstract The Charles and Jacqueline Meketa papers primarily contain working papers and research files collected and produced during the research for their books and articles related to the Civil War and 20th century New Mexico and Arizona history.
Dates: 1792-1994; Majority of material found within 1860-1990
Scope and Content The John L. Gay collection (1841-1902) consists primarily of business documents and correspondence concerning Manuel and Rafael Armijo. These papers are particularly valuable in that they throw light on some phases of the Civil War period in New Mexico. The Armijos were merchants with stores in Albuquerque, Mesilla and other places in New Mexico. The Armijos identified themselves with the South at the beginning of the Civil War, and sold quantities of merchandise to Baylor, Sibley, and other...
Dates: 1841-1902 (bulk 1854-1887)
Identifier: AC 192-P
Scope and Content Collection consists of photocopies of typescript excerpts from a journal kept by Robb from August to October 1862, as he and other prisoners of war were escorted from Santa Fe to Texas. Includes a list of other Confederate soldiers at the hospital in Santa Fe. Photocopy.
Identifier: AC 023-P
Scope and Content Collection consists of two letters, dated February 28 and April 25, 1862, written by E.R. Boles to his parents. The letters give details of the battles of Valverde and Glorieta Pass, and some information on Ft. Craig, New Mexico. Typescripts of the letters are also included.
Identifier: AC 474-p
Scope and Content This collection consists of letters from Eva Reckhart, Dorothy Virgin, and George Fitzpatrick (editor of New Mexico Magazine) to Theron Marcos Trumbo regarding Trumbo's research on Fort Craig, New Mexico.
Dates: 1945 - 1946
Identifier: AC 089
Scope and Content Collection consists of W.H. Moore's ledger, as the manager of the sutler's store at Fort Union, New Mexico, 1863-1865. Ledger contains personal accounts of various soldiers and private citizens.
Abstract The Jerry D. Thompson papers document the research done by Thompson on the American Civil War in New Mexico. The collection includes his extensive archival research of wartime correspondences and military records, as well as other published sources on the Civil War pertaining to New Mexico. The collection also includes some maps, photographs, and finding aids Thompson used during his research.
Dates: 1960 - 2000
Identifier: AC 044
Scope and Content Collection consists of 25 journals (1861-1868) kept by John A. Clark, Surveyor of the Territory of New Mexico, a typescript of the journals, and a Confederate Army broadside from 1862. The 25 journals contain 1,943 handwritten diary pages, 48 hand drawn maps, about 50 pages, notes, expenses, lists of distances and miscellaneous sketches. Kitty Shishkin has done the typescript copy of the journals. The journals give detailed daily accounts of the writer's official and personal...
Scope and Content Collection consists of the papers of Louis William Geck. Included are military service records, land records, district court case records, records pertaining to the Civil War and the occupation of Mesilla, records pertaining to Geck's pension, guardianship records, and family papers and photographs. Military service records include his military bounty claims. Land records include conveyances and deeds for land in Dona Ana County and Mesilla, New Mexico. District court records pertain to Geck's...
Dates: 1846-1985 (bulk 1846-1892)
Identifier: AC 039
Scope and Content The Manuel Antonio Chaves papers contain correspondence and transcriptions concerning Manuel Antonio Chaves' ancestry and military career. Much of the correspondence is written by his son, Amado Chaves. Marc Simmons assembled the addenda to the Manuel Antonio Chaves Collection. The file contains copies of documentation of Manuel Antonio Chaves' military career between 1861 and 1863.
Most of the papers in this collection are xerox copies.
Most of the papers in this collection are xerox copies.
Identifier: AC 152
Scope and Content Mauro Montoya Collection documents significant episodes of New Mexico history during the eighteenth, nineteenth and twentieth centuries. The documents are divided into the four main periods: Spanish period, The Mexican period, U.S. Territorial period (incl. U.S. military occupation), New Mexico Statehood period.
Scope and Content As of 1997 collection consists of records of the New Mexico Adjutant General, National Guard, and Office of Military Affairs (1847-1988). Includes administrative correspondence, field reports, general and special orders, ledger books, enlistment and discharge documents, casualty records, photographs, clippings, muster rolls from New Mexico volunteer militias and National Guard (1847-1917), and annual reports for various years between 1875 and 1962. Much of the material concerns the involvement...
Identifier: AC 276-p
Scope and Content Collection consists of a visitors log for Old Pigeon's Ranch near Glorieta, NM, along with description of the ranch and its location. Collection also contains a brief description of nearby Glorieta battlefield.
Identifier: AC 144
Scope and Content Collection consists of Raymond McCoy's research materials and copies of his article on Fort Fillmore, New Mexico, 1861-1961. Fort Fillmore, in the Mesilla area of New Mexico, was captured by the Confederates in 1861. Research materials include: correspondence with scholars and repositories; copies of documents from other repositories concerning Fort Fillmore and its commanding officer Major Issac Lynde; typescript excerpts from various published sources about the Civil War in New Mexico; and...
- Subject: New Mexico -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 X
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 13
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 2
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 2
- New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections 1
- New Mexico -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 16
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 4
- New Mexico -- Politics and government 4
- Broadsides 3
- Clippings 3
- Glorieta Pass (N.M.), Battle of, 1862 3
- New Mexico -- History, Military 3
- Deeds 2
- Map 2
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 2
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 2
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 2
- Photographs 2
- Reports 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- History 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Prisoners and prisons 2
- Account books 1
- Administrative agencies -- New Mexico 1
- Annual reports 1
- Arizona -- Social life and customs 1
- Arizona--Description and travel 1
- Arizona--History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Arizona--History -- To 1912 1
- Armories --New Mexico 1
- Black-and-white photographs 1
- Burial--Social aspects--United States--History--19th century. 1
- Chimayo (N.M.) -- History 1
- Color photographs 1
- Conveyances 1
- Devotional literature 1
- Diaries 1
- Discharges 1
- Doña Ana County (N.M.) -- History 1
- Ephemera 1
- Family papers 1
- Fort Craig (N.M.) 1
- Fort Craig (N.M.) -- History 1
- Fort Fauntleroy (Colo.) 1
- Fort Fillmore (N.M.) 1
- Fortification --New Mexico 1
- Glorieta Pass (NM), Battle of, 1862 1
- Indians of North America --New Mexico--Wars 1
- Indians of North America--New Mexico--Claims 1
- Indians of North America--New Mexico--Government relations 1
- Invoices 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 1
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico 1
- Land titles Registration and transfer -- New Mexico -- Dona Ana County 1
- Land titles Registration and transfer -- New Mexico -- Mesilla 1
- Las Vegas (N.M.) -- Commerce 1
- Legal documents 1
- Letters 1
- Mesilla (N.M.) -- Commerce 1
- Mesilla (N.M.) -- History 1
- Mesilla Valley (N.M.) - History 1
- Mexican War, 1846-1848 -- New Mexico 1
- Military 1
- Military Life - New Mexico 1
- Military--Research 1
- Mining claims -- New Mexico -- Sierra county 1
- Minutes (Records) 1
- Muster rolls 1
- Navajo Indians -- Wars 1
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 1
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848-1950 1
- New Mexico -- History -- 19th century 1
- New Mexico -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Battlefields 1
- New Mexico -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Prisoners and prisons 1
- New Mexico -- Land grants 1
- New Mexico -- Militia 1
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 1
- New Mexico -- Religious life and customs 1
- New Mexico -- Social conditions 1
- New Mexico--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Casualties 1
- New Mexico--Statehood--(American politics) 1
- Newspapers 1
- Orders (military records) 1
- Payo de Nuevo Mexico 1
- Photographic postcards 1
- Prayer books 1
- Ranches - New Mexico 1
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Description and travel 1
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Slavery--New Mexico 1
- Soldiers --New Mexico. 1
- Southwest, New - History - Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Southwest, New -- History, Military – 19th century 1
- Spanish-American War, 1898 1
- State government records 1
- Surveyors -- New Mexico 1
- Sutlers -- New Mexico -- Fort Union 1
- Taos (N.M.) -- History 1
- Thompson, Jerry D. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Campaigns. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Social aspects. 1
- United States – History – Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Casualties 1
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1965 1
- United States. -- Army -- History -- 19th century 1 ∧ less
- English 16
- Undetermined 14
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Prince, L. Bradford (Le Baron Bradford), 1840-1922 1
- Simmons, Marc, 1937- 1