Battle of Mesilla Letters,
Identifier: AC 347-p
Scope and Content
The collection consists of a newspaper article describing the battle at Mesilla, AZ. On the back of the article is a hand written note from a person who was in Mesilla at the time. He writes to his sister, Mrs. J. A. Roundy, in Shelby, Colorado. Included is another handwritten note to his sister.
Language of Materials
Duplication allowed for research purposes. User responsible for all copyright compliance.
Mesilla became part of the Arizona Territory under the Confederate States of American, August 1, 1861. After re-establishing Union government authority over the territory, August 15, 1862, Mesilla once again became part of the New Mexico Territory.
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library
- The Palace of the Governors
- P.O. Box 2087
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504-2087, U.S.A.
- Phone: (+)505.476.5090
- Fax: (+)505.476.5093
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- URL: www.palaceofthegovernors.org
- Guide to the Battle of Mesilla Letters, 1861
- Edited Full Draft
- Processed by Library Staff
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//Museum of New Mexico::Fray Angelico Chavez History Library//TEXT (US::NmSM::AC 347-p::Battle of Mesilla Letters)//EN" "nmsm1ac347-p.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.