Arthur Olivas Collection,
Identifier: AC 175
Scope and Content
Collection consists of photocopies of historical documents and three original bound volumes pertaining to New Mexico businesses, 1850-1934. Historical documents (1850-1894) include military orders and forms of the occupying United States Army (1850-1883) and Henry Jenkins' handwritten and typescript account of his capture by Confederate forces in Mesilla on the Rio Grande (1863). Bound volumes (1911-1934) include: a ledger from the Las Vegas Coal Company (New Mexico), 1922; a daybook from the Steven and Nahn store, Las Vegas, New Mexico; and a notary public record book from Simon F. Reurter, 1911-1934.
Language of Materials
Duplication allowed for research purposes. User responsible for all copyright compliance.
Arthur Olivas, a member of the Las Vegas, NM, Historical Society, also serves as the curator of the Museum of New Mexico's photography collection.
1 Linear Feet
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library
- The Palace of the Governors
- P.O. Box 2087
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504-2087, U.S.A.
- Phone: (+)505.476.5090
- Fax: (+)505.476.5093
- Email: email@example.com
- URL: www.palaceofthegovernors.org
- Las Vegas (N.M.) -- Commerce
- Mining claims -- New Mexico -- Sierra county
- New Mexico -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Prisoners and prisons
- United States. -- Army -- History -- 19th century
- Guide to the Arthur Olivas Collection, 1850-1894
- Edited Full Draft
- Processed by Library Staff
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//Museum of New Mexico::Fray Angelico Chavez History Library//TEXT (US::NmSM::AC 175::Arthur Olivas Collection)//EN" "nmsm1ac175.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.